PDA

View Full Version : Italian coverage (I think)!!!!!

Gav
-17th August 2004, 15:55
I have been forwarded the link for an italian sports Channel - Raisport. I have the link for it's online stream and it appears that Fencing will be covered tonight/. I've not looked throught the whole schedule to see what else is covered.

The schedule can be found here (http://www.rainews24.it/ran24/speciali/olimpiadi2004/programma15.asp).

The address for the stream is here (www.fastweb.it/streaming/raisport.asx).

Scherma is the Italian for Fencing. This is a heads up folks!!

BTW - if you want to download the stream you can use a program called HiDownload (as recommended by another user of this board!).

Gav
-17th August 2004, 16:23
Guys - it works!

I am currently getting the ME final. You've got to see the pre-fence entertainment! LOL!

crt
-17th August 2004, 16:25
Wow.

Thanks Gav for spotting this one. Am watching intros to ME final at the moment. Picture qual is excellent.

Shame my Italian is non existent!

Windows media player seems to be able to handle it fine.

Clive

ChubbyHubby
-17th August 2004, 16:29
Italian it may be... but sounds better than old JC on Eurosport GB! Or we'll be hearing "and Epee is the closest you can get to the duelling sword" for the 100th time...

Gav
-17th August 2004, 16:54
Better than I thought! I am currently capturing the bronze fights. I will have the bronze and finals downloaded. I need help capturing the other events - I might miss one as they are on when I am at work. Any volunteers?

Tubby
-17th August 2004, 16:54
..and "thats a double, you'd both be dead........." for the nth time

Exgeordielass
-17th August 2004, 17:16
Thanks Gav that works fine for me too. Now if I could only remember my GCSE Italian.

Gav
-17th August 2004, 17:21
The only thing is that I don't understand the schedule - does anyone want to decipher it and figure out when the Fencing is supposed to be on?

A big shout goes to Fencing.net user JyJy who emailed me to let me know that this was available. Apparently this appeared on the Finnish board and they assumed everyone knew!

Exgeordielass
-17th August 2004, 17:25
Originally posted by Gav
The only thing is that I don't understand the schedule - does anyone want to decipher it and figure out when the Fencing is supposed to be on?

A big shout goes to Fencing.net user JyJy who emailed me to let me know that this was available. Apparently this appeared on the Finnish board and they assumed everyone knew!

Where do you find the schedule, Gav?

jgolby
-17th August 2004, 17:28
Wow! this is great, frame rate isnt to good but the quality is exelent. now wheres that italian phrase book....

Gav
-17th August 2004, 17:36
Originally posted by Exgeordielass
Where do you find the schedule, Gav?

IN the Rai site: http://www.raisport.rai.it/raiSportIndex

Threestain
-17th August 2004, 17:43
this is great, if only a way to save it and improve the reliability it would be great!

Exgeordielass
-17th August 2004, 17:56
Okay, they seem to have their scheduled rather confused as they have men's sabre down for today rather than ladies. The final of the ladies is due on at 20.15 but seems to be starting now. Ladies foil starting at 9 a.m tomorrow.
Off to watch the sabre.

Threestain
-17th August 2004, 18:18
hopefully the stream will be even better for the men's final in a little bit!

Exgeordielass
-17th August 2004, 18:24
That was fun, unfortunately picture froze on the winning point. From my limited Italian, that was a far better commentary than James Chambers ever managed. Full of tempo, time and mesura, distance.

Well I'm not going to complain they are still showing fencing. Not sure how that lines up with their schedule. I suppose times are never all that accurate. I assume then that the times shown are one hour ahead of us.

Tomorrow's fencing starts from 9 a.m. with the preliminary rounds.

Foil quarter finals 11.10
Semi Finals 17.30
Bronze Final 18.30
Final 18.55

Thursday:

Men's Epee Team starting at 9.00
semi finals 11.30
bronze final 17.30
final 18.40

I don't know if they show all the fencing, that seems to be when its scheduled - there is no sign of the other sports listed here:
gymnastics, judo, volleyball and swimming. Guess they show what they want. Hopefully all fencing!

Hope that's of some help.

Gav
-17th August 2004, 18:25
If anyone gets the whole Mens Final can they let me know - damn PC has just crashed...

Threestain
-17th August 2004, 18:32
I'm going to give it a good old go!

Threestain
-17th August 2004, 18:37
can someone post the address in plain text at all?

Gav
-17th August 2004, 18:40
www.fastweb.it/streaming/raisport.asx

Threestain
-17th August 2004, 18:44
cheers. unfortunately couldn't get the damn program to work quickly enough. however will get the other finals this week if possible.

well that is if I can get a d%mn download program that works on OSX!

Gav
-18th August 2004, 10:59
I've been forwarded a link to the Finnish thread where this coverage was first promoted. Here is a quote from that:

Rai Sport Satellite näyttää siis miekkailua seuraavasti (nykyisten
ohjelmatietojen mukaan):

Maanantai 16.8.
18.30 Miesten floretti

Tiistai 17.8.
18.30 Naisten säilä ja miesten kalpa

Torstai 18.8.
18.30 Miesten säilä -joukkue

Perjantai 20.8.
18.30 Naisten kalpa -joukkue

Lauantai 21.8.
18.30 Miesten floretti -joukkue

Ohjelmatietoja voi katsella osoitteessa http://www.gazzetta.it/
Sivun alaosasta löytyy Sport in TV. Sivut ovat italialaiset, mutta helppo
ymmärtää, vaikka ei italiaa osaisikaan.

This might help us all target our downloads. I don't read Finnish so I've no idea what times these are in. But the Fencing stuff started yesterday at 1730 here in the UK so it's probably CET.

Here is the link the thread in case anyone wants to look it over:

http://www.miekkailuliitto.fi/Snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=353&whichpage=2&ARCHIVE=

Exgeordielass
-18th August 2004, 11:14
FENCING ON NOW - 12.15

Exgeordielass
-18th August 2004, 11:16
Repeat of Ladies sabre from yesterday

Gav
-18th August 2004, 15:17
For the schedule see this quote [from Fencing.net]:

And if you look at the page http://www.gazzetta.it/
You'll see a "Sport in TV" link in the bottom of the page - you can watch the tv timetables from there, so it's a good place to check out prior to major fencing events. It shows a few other channels too, but those are (to my knowledge) not available.

Exgeordielass
-18th August 2004, 15:54
Ah that's useful, saves having the link up all day.

Women's Foil now showing, just finished the first semi final which the Italian won.

Unregistered
-20th August 2004, 11:10
Women's epee team on today at 5pm - schedule here:
http://www2.raisport.rai.it/news/tv.htm

neil 12345
-20th August 2004, 16:26
I know its a bit late, but i've only just seen all these posts.

I have RAI sport on satellite at home.

Its carried by the Hotbird 4 satellite (rather than the astra satellite that carries sky) so if you have a fancy satellite system which can lock onto more than one source, you too can watch it.

hope this helps

Ekko
-21st August 2004, 15:16
Does anyone know if the men's epee finals can still be downloaded from anywhere? I missed them completely.

Thanks alot

Biggles
-21st August 2004, 15:27
Men's team foil finals are on the schedule for 6.40 tonight

Gav
-21st August 2004, 15:46
Ekko - I have the Mens Epee Finals. I'll be organising distribution once all of the streams have been downloaded. I'll be making the attempt at getting the MET tomorrow as well. Unfortunately I only have a partial WET download... so if anyone has the full thing let me know.

Gav
-21st August 2004, 15:47
Raisport normally do a reprise of the previous days action at ~12pm UK time. I believe that MET will be on tomorrow at 1630.

Australian
-21st August 2004, 16:07
i can't connect.... stupid work computers

Ekko
-21st August 2004, 17:44
Is "Spada" epee then, or is "Sciabola"? "Fioretto" I take to be foil, but Spada is on tommorrow, whatever that is! :)

Also, the times listed seem to match up to UK time but that's a second thing to clear up.

Foil is on right now anyway...

Gav
-21st August 2004, 17:47
Originally posted by Ekko
Is "Spada" epee then, or is "Sciabola"? "Fioretto" I take to be foil, but Spada is on tommorrow, whatever that is! :)

Also, the times listed seem to match up to UK time but that's a second thing to clear up.

Foil is on right now anyway...

Spada appears to be Epee. The oher one is Sabre.

{I learned that from these streams}

Biggles
-21st August 2004, 18:15
Originally posted by Gav
Spada appears to be Epee. The oher one is Sabre.

{I learned that from these streams}

Correct

Eddie
-22nd August 2004, 11:06
translations

spada is epee (literally sword)
sciabola means sabre
and fioretto means foil

other terms if you have the commentary in italian

if you cant understand what is on the page PM me and i will translate it for you

Eddie

reposte
-22nd August 2004, 11:40
Forget about it, it's not according to the schedule anyway.

reposte
-22nd August 2004, 12:02
Gav, where did you find the link to the stream? I've looked on the raisport web site and I know enough Italian do recognize it, and didn't find the link...

Australian
-22nd August 2004, 12:19
yay, i'm on!

i'll be back at 4:30!

Australian
-22nd August 2004, 12:22
any idea how i can save what i'm watching on media player?

i'd like to be able to contribute

uk_45
-22nd August 2004, 15:06
Use the program gav listed. It's a live stream so i doubt you can save it normally

Australian
-22nd August 2004, 15:32
i'm here at 4:30 and its all cycling :(

uk_45
-22nd August 2004, 15:35
(tip it's a italian program there ahead of us on time)

Australian
-22nd August 2004, 15:42
yeah and its down for 17:30 italian time :confused:

uk_45
-22nd August 2004, 15:49
Hmm yeah that is odd.

Australian
-22nd August 2004, 16:19
*sigh*

now waterpolo

why no mens epee teams... why?

ceprab
-10th September 2004, 09:55
I guess this thread is the right place. My non- and never-fencing cousin was in Sicily during the olympics, and found the fencing to be great fun to watch despite:

1. Having no idea what was going on

2. Having the commentary in Italian

He asked about random white lights, so it must have been foil he was watching, but what caught him was the raw passion involved. Someone tell Auntie!

Rdb811
-10th September 2004, 17:48
We were doing a kit test + me explaining the ref's hand signals in Brixton Rec last Friday. Place was quiet but we had a same side gym that passers by could see.

Had a couple of people watching, and an enquiry.

Gav
-21st February 2005, 01:31
OK, unstuck this. Not seen much action on this thread for a while so I think it's a safe bet that we've all gotten our Athens footage.

Hassan
-22nd February 2005, 08:45
I haven't!

Is it possible to download any of the individual foil from anywhere? I have the Team Foil thanks to the Chinese Federation - great quality by the way.

Gav
-24th February 2005, 03:38
I don't know. I'll look through the footage I've got.

telkanuru
-25th February 2005, 10:46
Originally posted by Hassan
I haven't!

Is it possible to download any of the individual foil from anywhere? I have the Team Foil thanks to the Chinese Federation - great quality by the way.

I have the MFI bronze and gold medal bouts, and the complete WFI semifinals. Dunno why you would want to watch foil, though. :rolleyes:

I am personally looking for any Men's Epee that's out there.