PDA

View Full Version : Today's Metro

Abdullah
-23rd August 2004, 07:53
Hi All

In today's Metro(page 13) there are a few interesting letters about the lack of Olympics Fencing coverage .:cool:

doobarz
-23rd August 2004, 08:10
Is there a web site we can see them on?

doobarz
-23rd August 2004, 08:18
Originally posted by doobarz
Is there a web site we can see them on?

There is a website, but it doesn't have the published letters. It does have message boards.

Eddie
-23rd August 2004, 09:24
.......then keep writing in, in response to those letters and maybe there will be more tomorrow, it all helps the BFA press office cos it gives them something they can show to the various sports channels to prove that people actually want to see fencing.

Eddie

katie
-23rd August 2004, 10:02
Could someone post the link for the message boards on the metro web site?

Cheers.

Abdullah
-23rd August 2004, 10:21
www.metro.co.uk

Eddie
-23rd August 2004, 10:27
or as i put in a previous post
just email them

mail@ukmetro.co.uk

Eddie

uk_45
-23rd August 2004, 10:36
Can anyone type up the letter onto the forum.

Eddie
-23rd August 2004, 19:28
Ok there were 3 letters under a big title saying sitting on the fence

and there is a nice pic of the mens sabre captioned "Fencing: An original Olympic sport"

the letters say
"In response to the enquiry 'Why haven't we seen any Olympic fencing on TV?' (Metro, Fri), it's because the BBc programme editors deem spear-chucking,
short-guys-lifting-something and the
ten-metres-ladies-air-rifle
more interesting than modern sword fighting.
It seems such a shame because fencing was one of the original sports of the modern Olympics"

the next says
"I was up until midnight last Monday eagerly anticipating the usual 15 second overview of the British fencing efforts.
But there was not even a mention of Richard Kruse's spectacular quarter-final effort.
At only 21 he could be a serious medal prospect for Beijing.
Come on BBC you have duty to support our top athletes in all Olympic sports"

Then the third says
"In answer to Shaileja's question about wether anyone has seen any fencing,
I'm glad to reassure her. I was admiring some only this morning as i looked out of the kitchen window........."

and i can't be bothered to type it.

If more people write in response the likelihood is it will remain a conversation topic for a few days so go for it, it never hurts to advertise the sport.

Eddie

Rdb811
-31st August 2004, 20:21
There was a very good photo of two female epeeists hitting each other, guard to guard in today's,

Marcos
-1st September 2004, 09:50
who wrote the letters?