PDA

View Full Version : Go Georgie!

aao
-27th August 2004, 15:40
Just wanted to give Geogie H, massive congratulations for getting a supurb bronze at the Pentathlon today. Huge Credit to Kate as well, after all the work and training they do I can't think of 2 people who deserve a medal more!.

Well done guys :party:

Boo Boo
-27th August 2004, 15:56
Yes, Georgina ran fantastically to take bronze from a start position of 14th for the run.

Kate was SOOOO unlikely to have a nightmare of a horse for the show jumping - if she hadn't had such a donkey, she would have done so much better... :upset:

Boo

frazzled
-27th August 2004, 16:05
Glad to know I wasn't the only sad person watching.

Most people look rather blank when you mention Modern Pentathlon.

If they only know what was involved in training for it they would make the medals for it double sized :(

aao
-27th August 2004, 16:45
It really was a shame for Kate, and the horse deserves a quick trip to the glue factory for that performance, but unfortunately its the nature of the sport :upset:

Still at least Kate already has an Olympic medal, which she should be rightly proud of, and Georgie has got a great platform to build from (she's improved out of sight in the past few years!)

Yet again both should be proud of what they;ve achieved :)

frazzled
-27th August 2004, 17:49
My son is lucky enough not to have drawn the donkey in his competition yet.

I dread the day that he does.

TBennett
-27th August 2004, 21:42
Yes, congrats to both.... Btw, wasnt Sam Weale meant to be doing the modern pentathlon as well? He was wearing an Olympic tracksuit at the British Champs...

Or is it a team event as well?? I am very confused :upset:

uk_45
-27th August 2004, 22:26
Ok just watched it and a huge well done.

Plus it the most fencing thee Beeb has shown!

frazzled
-27th August 2004, 22:30
Originally posted by Gordon
Yes, congrats to both.... Btw, wasnt Sam Weale meant to be doing the modern pentathlon as well? He was wearing an Olympic tracksuit at the British Champs...

Or is it a team event as well?? I am very confused :upset:

Gordon

Sam Weale was (is) injured (I think it is his foot). Saw him in a cast in February this year at the selection competitions.

He did recover but but injured his foot badly again in a cross country race.

He has not competed for a while in Pentathlon and consequently did not qualify for this Olympics.

Will be back hopefully soon.

symon
-27th August 2004, 22:46
Originally posted by aao
Just wanted to give Geogie H, massive congratulations for getting a supurb bronze at the Pentathlon today. Huge Credit to Kate as well, after all the work and training they do I can't think of 2 people who deserve a medal more!.

Well done guys :party:

Yep must say congrats to georgina ................................... screamed YES!!!!! in the kitchen at work when heard it on the radio

Arturo
-28th August 2004, 09:40
So, are you saying that competitors are randomly assigned a horse?

I'd like to see that in other comps. Justin Gatlin gets the scabby old adidas squash trainers and Michael Schumacher gets a Morris Minor.

Junkie
-28th August 2004, 13:39
yeah they draw the horses out of a hat it stops people not being competitive simply because they cant afford a thoroughbred jumping horse.

rory
-30th August 2004, 08:32
yeah they draw the horses out of a hat

That must be a pretty big hat.

TBennett
-30th August 2004, 19:34
lol :grin:

(well, gave me a brief chuckle)

ceprab
-30th August 2004, 22:40
Originally posted by rory
That must be a pretty big hat.

The hat is easy. It's finding a big enough magician that's problematic.