PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Summary in The Scotsman

haggis
-31st August 2004, 12:01
Article Title: Moments of magic take heat off sports that flopped badly

(This is a sport-by-sport summary of Team GB's performances.)

"Fencing

Two Britons competed, according to the official team handbook. They left no mark o the competition. Fencing will never be one of the most popular sports in the country, but given the number who get a taste of the sport at school we should be able to produce more real contenders."

The journalist responsible was Stuart Bathgate and it strikes me as one of the laziests pieces of sports journalism I've ever read (quite a claim to fame!). Emails to the sports editor can be sent here http://members.scotsman.com/contact.cfm and for the first time ever I have.

Regards

Haggis

Foilling Around
-31st August 2004, 13:46
I thought I'd make it two complaints, so I sent one too. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

rory
-31st August 2004, 15:16
I whinged too.
Quality journalism from the Scotsman.... perhaps we'd be better off with the Sun.

hokers
-31st August 2004, 16:03
The Sun did at least print Richard's name, and even spelled it correctly.

But the Sun's sports journalism is usually pretty good, regardless of what you think of the rest of the paper.

natsgrant
-31st August 2004, 16:26
Oh oh. Maybe I shouldn't have complained at the end of a really long, long working day. Well, if it makes a change all the better!

Arturo
-31st August 2004, 18:23
Not only should you complain, but you should suggest me as someone who is a journalist and fences!

Keith.A.Smith
-31st August 2004, 19:37
Dear All,

I have written to the editor, so it will be interesting to see if it gets printed or whether I get an acknowledgement.

Keith

Steve
-31st August 2004, 20:03
I don't get the Scotsman but I'd be interested to know what the outcome is. Will someone post their response here please? ...if and when they give one

doobarz
-31st August 2004, 21:10
Originally posted by Keith.A.Smith
Dear All,

I have written to the editor, so it will be interesting to see if it gets printed or whether I get an acknowledgement.

Keith

Well done Keith - let us know what happens.

Threestain
-31st August 2004, 23:59
also complained.

Mr Flea
-1st September 2004, 10:56
never miss a chance to complain me...:)

Keith.A.Smith
-1st September 2004, 20:37
Dear All,

Have had a reply from editor and so my letter may appear.

Keith