PDA

View Full Version : Scottish BUSA Qualifier

myopic
-8th September 2004, 11:34
Just in case anyone isn't on the SASF mailing list, The Scottish qualifier for the BUSA Championship is now confirmed as taking place on the weekend of 30/31 October @ Heriot Watt University.

The SASF team champioship is a fortnight later @ St Andrews.

Rhubarb
-9th September 2004, 09:53
Why are you running a qualifier for an event that welcomes anyone who is a matriculated student at a relevant educational establishment?

fitch
-9th September 2004, 11:43
we call it a "qualifier" as it is the qualifier for the last 16 at BUSA.

In fact it is officially the Scottish Conference of BUSA, where all the Scottish conference team matches take place over one weekend.

myopic
-9th September 2004, 13:05
Yeah, I think where your confusion rises Rhubarb is that this isn't for the BUSA individuals, it's for the knockout stages of the Team events.

Much like the League qualification system used by the various English regions.

Aer
-9th September 2004, 16:39
with the obvious benefit/problems of all the matches being played over one weekend....

myopic
-1st November 2004, 12:18
Thanks and congratulations to everyone who participated in or helped to run the Scottish BUSA qualifier event last weekend. A competition with a very tight schedule was run hyper efficiantly and I hope everyone had fun, even if their results weren't what they were hoping for.

Congratulations especially for those uni's who will represent SASF in the BUSA championship and plate.

Aer
-1st November 2004, 14:15
Originally posted by myopic
A competition with a very tight schedule was run hyper efficiantly

i hope that Teams will run as smoothly... especially on the sunday

Sparks
-2nd November 2004, 01:25
I think it should be OK. The rule about only feilding as many fencers as you can equip should keep changeover times down to a minimum.