PDA

View Full Version : Flick hits

Adler
-14th September 2004, 17:38
I have never had a lesson which included a flick hit nor have i heard the flick hit included in coaching courses that i've attended.
So I was wondering wether anyone actively includes flick hits or flick repostes in their individual lessons and if so does anyone have any tips on working them into a lesson?

DangerMouse
-14th September 2004, 20:24
Originally posted by Adler
I have never had a lesson which included a flick hit nor have i heard the flick hit included in coaching courses that i've attended.
So I was wondering wether anyone actively includes flick hits or flick repostes in their individual lessons and if so does anyone have any tips on working them into a lesson?

I have had them actively incorporated into lessons, but with the changes to foil timings, you may want to wait.

For epee, I actively work them into lessons as an alternative to angulation shots to the hand and as preparations

Adler
-20th September 2004, 12:22
Thanks for the input i'll give the epee flick hits a try in a few of my lessons tomorrow.
I had originaly planned to waite to see how the new timings affected the flick hit in foil before adding them into any routine.