PDA

View Full Version : cadet rankings

27ab1c
-6th October 2004, 13:03
Does anyone know why some LPJS categories attract British cadet ranking points and others don't?

As far as I can see, ranking points are awarded for LPJS sabre and epee competitions, but not for foil.

Glue Boy
-6th October 2004, 19:16
i didn't think LPJS got cadet points in foil at all

But at sabre they give points for all LPJS comps

being a sabruer i'm not sure about the foil but 100% about the sabre

PM1
-6th October 2004, 20:18
Not all the epee comps count for ranking points either - Arnold, Warwick, Bath and Whitgift at the last count. It gives everyone the chnace to get onto the ranking list, if nothing else, and is the decision of each weapon captain.:)

Baldric
-25th October 2004, 11:49
Originally posted by Sonic

But at sabre they give points for all LPJS comps

being a sabruer i'm not sure about the foil but 100% about the sabre

Presumably only in the U17 age group?

How do they work out the NIF?

Tubby
-25th October 2004, 17:53
Some one has pointed out to me that there is a correlation between the good and great in the establishment and those running the epee events that are nominated. I don't know if there is a correlation as I'm still trying to work out who every one is.

The numbers that turn up to the nominated events compared to those at the "regular" events is quite telling and there has been mutterings about whether one club will continue to host the "regular" epee event for just 40 fencers. I understand that this is being discussed by the club.

randomsabreur
-25th October 2004, 18:48
All LPJS events count on the cadet sabre rankings, this is done by means of an additional multiplier which is less than 1 being applied to the number of entries. This means that the number of points obtained in generally pretty small.

Peter Pan
-25th October 2004, 22:39
The cadet sabre ranking and NIF system is explained here: http://www.fencingcoach.net/

Glue Boy
-26th October 2004, 10:59
Originally posted by randomsabreur
All LPJS events count on the cadet sabre rankings, this is done by means of an additional multiplier which is less than 1 being applied to the number of entries. This means that the number of points obtained in generally pretty small.

i would know about i think i'm the only nif in my age group! and a 3 nif comp will give out a huge 60pts. which aint that helpful :(