PDA

View Full Version : Nottingham Uni

Tarmac
-7th October 2004, 10:32
I'm visiting a mate after the Leicester for a couple of days at Nott Uni... don't suppose they fence on a monday night do they?:grin:

failing that... any good pubs/clubs you could recommend?

hokers
-7th October 2004, 10:37
I think forum member kitten is the one you should be asking, as she fences up there. Dont know if there are any other notts uni members?

Tarmac
-7th October 2004, 10:44
Fair dos.. i'll PM her.
Cheers

Insipiens
-7th October 2004, 12:14
or try some of the Notts Cavaliers people (don't know if they do epée as they all seem to be foilists). danny-boy and Foiling Around for example.

Mark Oakley
-7th October 2004, 13:00
Last year Nottingham Uni fenced on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I haven't seen any of the student fencers for a while so I don't know if that's still true.

Tarmac
-7th October 2004, 13:11
have just found their website
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~etxmjg/fencing/club1.htm

tuesdays and fridays it is.. doh!

beer instead then :grin:

Mark Oakley
-7th October 2004, 13:31
That website is several years out of date.

pointy
-7th October 2004, 14:03
Tarmac, if you want to Fence Foil, you'd be more than welcome to join us on a Monday. A&C Sword fence from 8.00 - 10.00 pm, at Arnold Hill School, which is round the Nottingham ring road a bit from the Uni.

Tarmac
-7th October 2004, 14:11
foil eh?

whats that then?:tongue:
i'm a dedicated epeeist but i'll see what i'm up to.
Many thanks for the invite though, appreciate it.
:grin:

Chris Morgan
-17th October 2004, 18:58
Good Pubs? Pit and Pengalum, oh the white rose or somethin is pretty good too,rock city is nice when they have a decent gig on too

Chris Morgan
-25th October 2004, 17:16
Tarmac if you want a decent epee club come to Wingerworth near clay cross on a wednesday, PM me for more details