PDA

View Full Version : Rankings

Tarmac
-8th October 2004, 15:56
what is happening with the ranking list at the moment?
its jsut got a couple of blue lines down the sheets.
I've gone up but there's no points been filled in?

Dave Hillier
-8th October 2004, 16:19
Have a look on the 1-100 page and it will tell you what they mean

Dave (who isn't on the 1-100 page)

Tarmac
-8th October 2004, 16:26
ahhhhh.....
why put it there?
only about 100 people look on that page!!!
i don't:grin: :tongue:

Tarmac
-29th October 2004, 11:38
So if the rankings will be updated when 'results are available'...
does that mean next month?
Results have been up for ages.
are we looking for an update somewhere about mid november then.. for points to be put in for comps in september.
Is this normal?
and when are the october changes going to be added?

Insipiens
-29th October 2004, 12:28
I think the Highland Open results are still missing from the lists.

I expect it is much more efficient to update the rankings with results from all competitions at one go.

davidc
-29th October 2004, 14:35
This is what I was talking about in my post here (http://fencingforum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3278) (which no-one replied to). Surely someone out there has the Highland Open Men's Epee results, and can send them to the person who updates the rankings ?
Someone ? Anyone ? Bueller ?

Tarmac
-29th October 2004, 14:38
Originally posted by davidc
Bueller ?

uh.. he's sick..

Australian
-29th October 2004, 14:44
Originally posted by Tarmac
uh.. he's sick..

having a day off even?

Kepster
-29th October 2004, 14:44
Rankings are updated once a month, so all competitions in October will be included in the November rankings which are generally up within a week or so.

Insipiens
-29th October 2004, 14:50
If I remember rightly, the Highland open was actually in September hence the impatience of some members of the forum.

rory
-29th October 2004, 15:00
Results are up at http://www.fencingresults.com , it seems

davidc
-29th October 2004, 22:11
Yup, the comp was in September (25th/26th), and the results from all the other weapons have been incorporated in the rankings already - Men's Epee has been mysteriously held up somehow. The rankings were updated on the 6th Oct, and you'd think that would have given enough time for someone to send them the ME results.
Finally, thanks for the results link, but I know my result, I just don't know where I'll end up in the rankings :)

vil
-5th November 2004, 09:56
The ME rankings have now been updated for November. :party:
Congrats to everyone who's moved up, commiserations to everyone who's moved down.

davidc
-5th November 2004, 10:12
Ok, the Men's Epee ranking list has been updated for November. But, look down the Highland Open column - no-one has any points from it. More to the point, since I only have points from the Highland, I'm not in the ranking list ... again ! Still !

Sheesh :)

Threestain
-5th November 2004, 10:18
Annoyingly, I've moved down the rankings despite doing better this year. How irritating! Nevermind...

Insipiens
-5th November 2004, 10:22
Originally posted by davidc
Ok, the Men's Epee ranking list has been updated for November. But, look down the Highland Open column - no-one has any points from it. More to the point, since I only have points from the Highland, I'm not in the ranking list ... again ! Still !

Sheesh :)

Australian

I suggest you take the results for the Mens' epée at the Highland Open from the website and email them to the results co-ordinator for epée. That way you can make sure the results are included next month. :cool:

Kepster
-5th November 2004, 12:03
Also distinct lack of the Ashton Open appearing on the rankings...

Australian
-5th November 2004, 13:56
Originally posted by Insipiens
Australian

I suggest you take the results for the Mens' epée at the Highland Open from the website and email them to the results co-ordinator for epée. That way you can make sure the results are included next month. :cool:

same avatar, different person. I must try and copyright it.

Insipiens
-5th November 2004, 14:41
Originally posted by Australian
same avatar, different person. I must try and copyright it.

oops :o: sorry about that - both seem to be called Dave as well. :o: Shows how much attention I have been paying to what I am typing.

davidc
-5th November 2004, 16:39
Confusing people is fun, but I'll try a different icon for a while. :transport :)

Tarmac
-8th November 2004, 08:12
well beat me with a jaffle iron...
i've moved up 100 places!!!:grin: :grin: :grin:

Ulrika
-8th November 2004, 08:31
Yay, congrats Tarmac!

Tarmac
-8th December 2004, 09:54
Time for the monthly grumble....
:soap: ...rantono

vil
-8th December 2004, 10:18
December epee rankings have gone up now.

Irritatingly, they don't include the results from the William Perkins Open. I guess that's because the organisers haven't sent the results in yet. :( I emailed them about that a while ago, concerned that they weren't listed on the BFA site either; I never heard anything back. Time to start hassling them, I guess. :mad:

Tarmac
-8th December 2004, 10:29
oh i can do hassle...
that's my job ...evil... reluctantly..but it is...

it was technically an open so that means it technically should count towards points yeah? otherwise i've got <shudders> none last month...:(

Demonic
-8th December 2004, 14:19
Dammit i thought i had made the top 100 and still only 120 guess i,ll have to wait for my Hereford + Worcester result in the January rankings now which should put me up there :)

expent
-8th December 2004, 14:19
Yey! I've made the Top 50 for the first time ever! I guess if I hold the position 'til march I become a NIF and the appearence money and lucrative Nike sponsorship deals will come flooding in??? No??? Oh well...

Interesting to look below me on the rankings at those who I know would have no real trouble beating me to 15 if it came down to it! I guess I ought to watch my back! It could be a short lived top 50 spot, especially if it keep going as badly as the M-H & H&W did!!! Still it's all fun.

Best of luck to everyone in 2005 (I don't think there's a lot left to 2004 now). Have a great New Year!

:party:

Tarmac
-8th December 2004, 14:20
i've gone down 8...
snuffle...:(

Rdb811
-8th December 2004, 14:26
It changes at 30 and 60 posts and hen you've got to 100 you can change it to what you want (some of the very early members could do this anyway).

However, this isn't an excuse to clog up the New members introductions with rubbish.

(I'll issue that as a warning - Expent wouldn't do such a thing).

Demonic
-8th December 2004, 14:27
it goes after youve done a load of posts so spam away :grin:

well on another note with my 325 from H+W puts me in the at 820 so i should be in the top 100 next time woo hooo!!:)

expent
-8th December 2004, 14:28
OK - I'll clog up somewhere else with rubbish instead - Thanks.

Tarmac
-8th December 2004, 16:07
well.. at least i'm ranked 7th somewhere....
even if it is posters on this forum...

thats just a bit sad:upset:

but i don't care!:grin:

gbm
-9th December 2004, 07:49
Originally posted by Tarmac
well.. at least i'm ranked 7th somewhere....
even if it is posters on this forum...

thats just a bit sad:upset:

but i don't care!:grin:

I'm rapidly catching up with UK_45... :rolleyes:

Total_Fencing
-9th December 2004, 13:05
Sorry, I've got to butt in here to ask a newbish question...

I've been looking around for the Cadet rankings and have found the ones on the Rodney Francis site. These don't seem to have been updated in quite some time, though - is there an up-to-date version somewhere that I've missed? If not, when is the Rodney Francis page supposed to be updated?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

-TF.

Demonic
-9th December 2004, 14:00
they look up to date they got the hereford and worcester results in the the overseas section

Lynne
-9th December 2004, 14:00
Cadet & Junior Epee Rankings are the most frequently and most quickly updated ones in existance! They are generally sorted within two days of a nominated competition.

PM1
-9th December 2004, 21:29
I have known them be updated the same evening...well...early the next morning.

Why do you not think they are up to date, Total_Fencing?? The H&W results were up there before anywhere else (apart from in the hall).

Total_Fencing
-16th December 2004, 12:55
Ah. Now I see how it works (the results for Whitgift just got added). My apologies, all - I didn't understand how they organized the rankings website and when they did and didn't update it.

Sorry for any annoyance.

-TF.:o:

Tarmac
-7th January 2005, 12:07
heyyy i like the 'coming soon' look :tongue:

Epeecurean
-7th January 2005, 13:36
Originally posted by Total_Fencing
Ah. Now I see how it works (the results for Whitgift just got added). My apologies, all - I didn't understand how they organized the rankings website and when they did and didn't update it.

Sorry for any annoyance.

-TF.:o:

OT Happy B-day TF and have a good year of fencing!!

:party: :band: :jumprain:

:fencingsm

Tarmac
-10th January 2005, 08:47
monthly grumble time...
mutter...moan...rant...
Coming soon my bum!

Demonic
-16th January 2005, 20:07
new rankings have just gone up!!

92nd woo hoo :tongue:

hopefully the aldershot NIF wasnt too bad then i should be in the 70,s next month.
One day i will be a NIFF too :)

Tarmac
-16th January 2005, 20:14
aha! i've gone up to 135! Vil following very close behind! :grin:

vil
-16th January 2005, 21:59
Originally posted by Demonic
new rankings have just gone up!!

92nd woo hoo :tongue:

hopefully the aldershot NIF wasnt too bad then i should be in the 70,s next month.
One day i will be a NIFF too :)
Congrats on making the top 100! :party:

I think the NIF will have been slightly down on last years, but still somewhere around 40. There were quite a few people there who have moved up in the rankings since the September cutoff - if they used the current month's rankings for working out NIFs it might have been a fair bit higher. (Mutter, grumble, etc.)

expent
-17th January 2005, 07:12
Chris thought maybe a bit higher than 40 as he could count 6 bods in the top ten... we can live in hope...

I've been subject to the phenomenon of moving up 2 places from Dec 1st to Jan 1st without actually getting any points (H&W was a bit of a disaster)... If I keep this trend up I'll be No1 in just under 2 years; and don't even need to lift a weapon to get there!

Demonic
-17th January 2005, 09:52
Originally posted by vil
Congrats on making the top 100! :party:

Thanks im well happy cause my goal was to move into the top 100 for this season which i,ve now managed and with still two satallites and a couple of opens left so maybe will make top 50 which is now my new goal so wish me luck :)

Just booking flights for the sweden today before the ryanair sale ends :)

Xev
-17th January 2005, 11:55
Hopefully not too daft a question, but any ideas why the William Perkins has been added to the mens rankings but not the womens? As it's the only one I've done any good in at all, it's more than a little annoying.

Demonic
-17th January 2005, 12:07
i suspect it will be added to the february rankings instead.

cesh_fencing
-4th February 2005, 14:07
Most of the men's epeeists have dropped one place (apart from top8 due to the nationality change of Chris Kelly from USA to GBR....

He has served his time as a foreigner and we can now call him a real brit !!!

Does he have to sing the national antham at slough to prove his case ???

Rdb811
-4th February 2005, 18:39
No, drink ten pints of larger, drop his pants and sing "Rule Britania" - and chant "Barmy Army, Barmy Army" while on the piste.

Demonic
-4th February 2005, 19:41
woo hoo 83rd getting close to becoming a niff at last :tongue:

lets just hope i dont fence as bad as i did at the club on wednesday this weekend :upset:

PM1
-7th February 2005, 18:46
Originally posted by cesh_fencing

Does he have to sing the national antham at slough to prove his case ???

Had a quick chat to Chris on Sunday. I asked him if he had to go thru a ceremony and swear allegiance to the Crown etc - he goes thru some ceremony on (I think) 23rd of this month, and seems very pleased with it all. Pink Elle and I wished him well, welcomed him to GB and so on. Thoroughly pleasant chap, what?;)

pinkelephant
-8th February 2005, 07:37
He's obviously turned into a true Brit. Got knocked out, went to watch the football and THEN had a shower. Nice one Chris!

Tarmac
-9th March 2005, 09:57
ME detailed rankings are up..(inlcuding Plymouth)
but appear to have taken 'a step to the left'

aao
-9th March 2005, 11:02
145 and plunging :) the first time i've been out of the top 100 in years :party:

Tarmac
-9th June 2005, 15:39
Rankings have been updated - Vil storming his way up there! :grin:

davidc
-10th June 2005, 17:32
Just looked at the new rankings, then back at the detailed rankings for May, and it looks like the Edinburgh International hasn't been included in the rankings.
Anyone know why ? Should it be included ?

:confused:

swordsman_1981
-10th June 2005, 18:20
come on Vil !!!! :grin: :party:

Liam
-5th August 2005, 09:19
Mens august ranks are up

http://www.one4all.plus.com/MER.html#anchor95112

165th at end of season. Not to shaby considering. First time doing opens since 1998(ish), and first time doing epee.

Naughty foilist
-5th August 2005, 09:38
Tarmac, if Norfolk had nudged you two more places would that have been two pints from his Vil-ness?

Congrats anyway, onwards and upwards, :party:

Tarmac
-6th August 2005, 10:20
That's a bit scary isn't it?!

Don't know if that reflects on my abilities or just the current standard of Mens Epee! :moon:

Still... here's to the next season (and another good <lucky> day at a large comp) :)

aao
-6th August 2005, 18:01
darn i was enjoying being 170th! 1 meesly result and you end up straight back in the top 100 :confused:

PM1
-6th August 2005, 21:52
alp - clear your mailbox out, please.......

aao
-6th August 2005, 22:18
oops sorry, all done now