PDA

View Full Version : Coaching courses

Aoife
-24th October 2004, 22:04
Off to do a sports coach UK course on Good Practice and Child Protection in December. Then a First Aid qualification in January. Then a 'Equity in your Coaching' course in March (which sounds highly fascinating, by the blurb :rolleyes: )

Any other courses people can recommend? Even ifj ust for the sake of a shiney certificate, if no of no other merit. Those are the only ones I can find locally.

Ta very muchly.

Adler
-24th October 2004, 22:31
I did the KES coaching course a while ago and can highly recomend it.
The relaxed atmosphere and the coaches made it one of the most enjoyable and beneficial courses i've been on. My fencing and general fitness improved noticeably over the week as well as my coaching ability and confidence.

Aoife
-28th October 2004, 21:58
The KES? Sounds interesting.... more details please!

Adler
-29th October 2004, 12:59
It's a course organised by Shakespeare swords in Stratford Upon Avon. www.shakespearesswords.co.uk[/URL] the website should have detail about cost etc nearer the time (Julyish).

It's a week long course for all three weapons for Club leaders up to Regional coaches ( not sure about Diploma)

The Coach educators are David Kirby, Peter Rome and Neil Brown.
The week covers all aspects of Coaching and Teaching with loads of willing victims to practice them on.

When I went we had a night coaching practice in Salle Ursa and a written exam as well.

If you need any more info let me know.

Ps As an added bonus I might be there this year to start my Regional.

Sasori
-9th November 2004, 13:38
Originally posted by Aoife

Any other courses people can recommend? Even ifj ust for the sake of a shiney certificate, if no of no other merit. Those are the only ones I can find locally.

Sports UK are also running a course on coaching disabled athletes (At least they are in Edinburgh)

Their site will have more details I'm sure...

Jenrick
-28th November 2004, 20:54
Local councils have a good course on Coaching children in Sport. May well be part of the series of courses you are doing.