PDA

View Full Version : Trinkets

Tubby
-26th May 2003, 22:58
Not quite equipment, I know. However, other than the Leon Paul tie pin range of trinkets, where in the UK would I be able to pick up the sort of trinkets being hawked on the US PBT website? If you haven't seen its stuff like necklaces with foil, epee, sabre and mask as pendants, lapel pins of the same - in silver or gold or plated.

Moose
-27th May 2003, 18:05
Hehehe, typical Americans with their merchandising.

Don't know anywhere off hand.

Aoife
-27th May 2003, 19:22
My coach has been selling us cool little gold tie pins, but I'm not sure where he got them. I don't think they're LP.

Moose
-27th May 2003, 19:25
No, LP ones are silver

Tubby
-28th May 2003, 00:01
I've got the LP stuff. I was after a gift for a female friend so tie pins are a bit out though the LP sabre pin can be worn as a broach/lapel affair.

The stuff on PBT looks cool but I would need it here in the UK and it doesn't look like the US PBT site will mail to the UK where I think Battling has the franchise
http://www.fencepbt.com/pbtorder.nsf/a9256994fcc99bb7852567e0000b3e7a/d48f127214aa572685256c32006a9665!OpenDocument

I think I will have a go at a European site and see if the force is with me!:yoda:

Marcos
-17th June 2003, 15:25
LP should produce fencing cufflinks

4 designs, the 3 weapons, and one with 3 weapons crossed under a mask

Rdb811
-19th June 2003, 12:47
Now that's an idea - one of the croquet players is in that lin of business.

Tubby
-19th June 2003, 17:15
He would want to make something elegant and not grotesquely large or ostentatious, it could be painted in enamel or etched in relief. Or small oval with something like the BFA figure. I've seen a PAX symbol done which kinda looks like 3 swords crossed. When I was in the States I looked through two catalogues of charms and it had loads of figures but none fencing, plenty of scimitars but no sabre, foil or epee. There are some military ensignia pins thats available with two calvary sabres crossed but these have specific meaning. If there was a cuff link of a fencer fletching or in the lunge position (charm bracelet size) I'd have a pair no worries!

Rdb811
-21st June 2003, 00:43
Originally posted by Tubby
He would want to make something elegant and not grotesquely large or ostentatious,

That would describe his style to a tee - he does have the best dress sense I've seen. (doesn't stop him being a bandit though (croquet term of abuse))

Aoife
-21st June 2003, 17:39
Not quite a trinket, but I think it's fairly cool- I've just bought a fencing troll. It's got a kit, a foil in it's right hand, and a removable mask (and of course, huge blue hair).

I've had it a few days, and I'm far to attached to it (he's called Beeblebrox :) )

Muso440
-21st June 2003, 21:28
Originally posted by Aoife
I've had it a few days, and I'm far to attached to it (he's called Beeblebrox :) )

Does he have two heads?

(And watch your apostrophes back there, young lady! ;) )

Tubby
-22nd June 2003, 00:18
Originally posted by Rdb811
doesn't stop him being a bandit though (croquet term of abuse) I take it thats the same term for the sombrero wearing moustachioed golf buddy that says "hey gringo you're 5 down with 4 to play, I'll have me tenner now............. and thanks for the 24 handicap I've never played so well before"

Rdb811
-22nd June 2003, 20:06
Got it in one.

ceprab
-23rd June 2003, 09:15

You're a long way from attached to it?:rolleyes:

Sorry. You pick everyone else up on bad grammar and typos so I thought I would make myself a tatget.;)

Hudson
-23rd June 2003, 09:38

ZAPHOD BEEBLEBROX
Galactic President, inventor of the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, ex-confidence trickster, once described by Eccentrica Gallumbits as "The best bang since the big one", and recently voted Worst Dressed Sentient Being in the known universe for the fourth time running.

One of his heads is now at least saner than an Emu on Acid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/gallery/images/340/zaphod2.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/images/173/zaphod.jpg

Muso440
-23rd June 2003, 19:27
Hey Hudson, you're miles behind - see what I posted about 3 or 4 messages back! (minus the pictures, admittedly)

Hudson
-23rd June 2003, 19:31
a very vauge referance.

for someone as young as Aofie she wouldn't of got it, took me a while to twig.