PDA

View Full Version : 666

Moose
-28th May 2003, 00:08
Woe to thee oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil holds the beast with wrath. Let he who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a Human number; its numeber is six hundered, three score and six.

WooHoo 666 posts!

Hudson
-28th May 2003, 09:32
we always knew you were evil moose.

bufc99
-28th May 2003, 09:39
now your starting to get scary moose:(

Moose
-28th May 2003, 12:29
Lol, only starting to :grin:

Bonzolium
-28th May 2003, 13:46
Dammit :mad:, I have got 'Number of the Beast' by Iron Maiden running through my head now!! I need to find salvation, salvation in the form prog (goes to CD player and puts on some Rick Wakeman)

Moose
-28th May 2003, 14:14
Mwhahaahaha

Hudson
-28th May 2003, 14:31
<moose runs away in fear of rick wakeman>

<last seen vanishing into the distance (never to be seen again??)>

Moose
-28th May 2003, 14:37
<Counters Rick Wakeman with Metallica>

Hudson
-28th May 2003, 14:45
Metalica the black album, track one enter the sand man.
adds to metalica with a bit of motorhead.

Bonzolium
-28th May 2003, 16:04
Metallica, ick, Megadeth are far better

<Counters Metallica with Emerson, Lake and Palmer!!>

Hudson
-28th May 2003, 16:21
Megadeth are ok

<counters attcks from the flank with Deep purple, rainbow and Black Sabbath>

Bonzolium
-28th May 2003, 17:09
Those three bands are cool and I do like them, certainly Deep Purple. I would like to go and see them in concert come Summer time at Wembley Arena.

However, in keeping with my army of the musically pompous and pretentious...

<Launches an over the top attack with Caravan, Hawkwind and Yes>

N.B. Over the top in many more ways than one, the joys of prog!!

Hudson
-28th May 2003, 17:56
starts fighting retreat with 3 colours red, collapsed lung and Terrorvision

Moose
-28th May 2003, 21:39
<Begins counter offensive with Slayer, Rage Against the Machine and Soundgarden>

Bonzolium
-28th May 2003, 23:10
<Adds reinforcements consisting of Dream Theater, King Crimson and Genesis (Gabriel era and (post Gabriel, pre sell out))>

Moose
-28th May 2003, 23:36
<Bonzolium's reinforcements fall down due to excessive bracketing, Def Leppard and Led Zeppelin rout the remainder>

Bonzolium
-28th May 2003, 23:47
Granted, Led Zeppelin are very good

Def Leppard has a distinct lack of fire-power due to a lack of arms!! :tongue:

I also think that my reinforcements will not stumble due to excessive bracketing, considering they do not stumble with a zillion time changes, a few brackets here and there should be a walk in the park :grin:

Moose
-28th May 2003, 23:55
<Forms Audioslave and System of a Down in line, with Sepultura deployed as skirmishers. Marilyn Manson rides forth as a cavalry screen whilst Nine Inch Nails provide the artillery needed to cripple any Prog Rock regiment stupid enough not to split up>

Bonzolium
-29th May 2003, 00:17
Note, that if your artillery would be strong enough to cripple a prog rock regiment, you'd realise that prog rockers don't split definitely, they form side projects!!

Besides that how can any ejectiles from your sonic artillery penetrate Rick Wakeman's cape??!!

Somehow Marilyn Manson and cavalry conjures up a rather disturbing image so I think their screen will not make the battle lines but will make it onto an 18+ DVD (Could rework a Cradle of Filth album and call it Bestiality of the Beast but that is another story)

Sepultura wouldn't get too far as skirmishers as they would be ambushed by Soulfly!!

<The army of prog begins standard attacking procedures with Hawkwind unleashing their Silver Machine, Yes calling on their Starship Troopers and Rick Wakeman calling on Merlin the Magician>

Rdb811
-29th May 2003, 01:02
Originally posted by Bonzolium

<The army of prog begins standard attacking procedures with Hawkwind unleashing their Silver Machine, Yes calling on their Starship Troopers and Rick Wakeman calling on Merlin the Magician>

Just blow them away with a waft of the gatefold sleeves.

"... so I'll wipe my snot on the arm of your chair as you put another Roger Dean poster on the wall
" - Dickie Davis Eyes by Half Man Half Biscuit

Erm, are you sure you're only 20 - and haven't just fallen asleep for 20 years - that would account for the photo.

<Off to listen to Bombast, Contrast and Really Long Songs on the MSN music channels>

doobarz
-29th May 2003, 07:07
Runs in, throws Skunk Anansie and Rocket From the Crypt in for good measure.

Bonzolium
-29th May 2003, 15:49
Originally posted by Rdb811
Just blow them away with a waft of the gatefold sleeves.

"... so I'll wipe my snot on the arm of your chair as you put another Roger Dean poster on the wall
" - Dickie Davis Eyes by Half Man Half Biscuit

Erm, are you sure you're only 20 - and haven't just fallen asleep for 20 years - that would account for the photo.

<Off to listen to Bombast, Contrast and Really Long Songs on the MSN music channels>

I have heard of Half Man Half Biscuit, unfortunately I haven't anything by them, what sort of stuff do they do?

No I haven't been asleep for 20 years, though some mornings it feels like it!!

Personally I don't know anything which can account for the photo!!

Hudson
-29th May 2003, 16:28
<overflys battlefield and para dfrops Napalm Death and Pantara into Bonzoliums supply lines to cause disruption>

Bonzolium
-29th May 2003, 16:43
Not the supply lines!!!, drat supplies of Cocoa and Smoking Jackets will be delayed, will have to get rapid response to this.

<Rick Wakeman ensures that a Vindaloo smart bomb is placed within the supply line as to irradicate these disruptors>

On a counter strike...

<Drafts in Jethro Tull to act as an infiltrator and to disrupt your supply chain with flutes and cod-pieces!!>

Hudson
-29th May 2003, 17:08
<releases Shamus Oblivion and the Megadeath Morrismen d to counter the tull incersion>

http://welcome.to/shamus

Bonzolium
-29th May 2003, 21:38
<Decides to go on the defensive and set up Marillion (post Fish) as a human shield> N.B. The crowd goes wild

Bonzolium
-29th May 2003, 21:40
Originally posted by Hudson
<releases Shamus Oblivion and the Megadeath Morrismen d to counter the tull incersion>

http://welcome.to/shamus

I cannot imagine Dave Mustaine as a morrisman, no, cannot envision that one at all

Moose
-29th May 2003, 22:04
I can imagine Lars Ulrich as a ballerina tho :grin:

Bonzolium
-29th May 2003, 22:09
Lmao, yes Lars as a ballerina is most certainly visible and in many ways fitting.

I can also see Kid Rock as Johnny Cash, not good

Moose
-29th May 2003, 22:10
Ooooh, Johnny Cash <runs off to put The Highwaymen on :grin:

Hudson
-30th May 2003, 02:44
<white snake drop in to help shamus>

Rdb811
-30th May 2003, 14:40
Originally posted by Bonzolium
I have heard of Half Man Half Biscuit, unfortunately I haven't anything by them, what sort of stuff do they do?

Comedy pub rock, fulled by a lot of TV watching - the classic is the Trumpton Riots from Back in the DHSS.

On the way way home from seeing them play, there really was a riot Briton. Also I realised I may have been standing next to Brain Eno for teh evening....

http://cobweb.quantisci.co.uk/hmhb/

Bonzolium
-30th May 2003, 14:46
Originally posted by Rdb811
The classic is the Trumpton Riots from Back in the DHSS.

I think I may have heard that one, is that the one which has the lyrics along the line of 'I feel high as a pilot of a plane, jetting out of Camberwick with ten tons of cocaine, Under bridges, over bridges to our destination...'?? Did they also release a track which was anti Nerys Hughes??

Neo
-9th November 2004, 00:05
Originally posted by Moose
Woe to thee oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil holds the beast with wrath. Let he who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a Human number; its numeber is six hundered, three score and six.

WooHoo 666 posts!

funny you should mention that, I got that tatooed on the back of my neck... think my parents must have put it there cos I don't remember getting it... :transport

Neo
-9th November 2004, 00:06
Originally posted by Hudson
Metalica the black album, track one enter the sand man.
adds to metalica with a bit of motorhead.

the black album sucks.

Master of puppets was the last at least ok album before they sold out. Even that was pretty pants though...