PDA

View Full Version : sat night busa's

monobrow
-26th November 2004, 13:04
i'm trying to sort out a hotel to stay on saturday night at the busas. there will only be about 4 of us staying so 2 rooms or something. does anyone know a cheap hotel near to where other uni's will be staying. i'm only thinking that it would be a lot more fun if we stayed in a hotel with other uni's so we could stay up all night and talk about fencing? if anyone's got any info on hotels i'd b v.greatfull :glamour: i'm not the president of my uni club and have just realised taht the president might not have actually sorted anything out in the first place

Juicy
-26th November 2004, 14:20
We stay at the Hylands Hotel every year - they're 25 per night and a 5 min drive from the venue.

http://accommodation.uk.net/hylands.htm

monobrow
-26th November 2004, 15:16
cheers juicy ps randomly do you know if tom jenyon from ucl is competing in the champs this year? (had his number but phone fell out of my pocket when i cycled in to a stationary car other day):dizzy:

Juicy
-26th November 2004, 16:59
No, he's not fencing this year, sorry!

Special
-29th November 2004, 18:26
i know Neil Hutch is going, he might know.. just a thought.

Nick_C
-30th November 2004, 16:37
The list of entries went up on the BUSA website today:

http://www.busa.org.uk/sport.asp?parent=20010001&section=0001000200010001&sport=200100010036

Also, I have full BFA membership, but my new card hasn't come back yet. I still have my old card; does anyone know if this'll do for the busa people? I am insured, but I can't prove it!!

Aer
-1st December 2004, 10:21
if you want to check:

02073 578 555 is the number for BUSA - ask for Stuart

UglyBug
-1st December 2004, 13:29
Originally posted by Nick_C
The list of entries went up on the BUSA website today:

http://www.busa.org.uk/sport.asp?parent=20010001&section=0001000200010001&sport=200100010036

Also, I have full BFA membership, but my new card hasn't come back yet. I still have my old card; does anyone know if this'll do for the busa people? I am insured, but I can't prove it!!

If you have not received your new card, you will have to fill in another form when you check in at the weekend, enclosing a cheque for your membership. We will then send it to BFA and if they have received your application already, they will not cash the second cheque. We can't accept expired cards

You will not have to do this more than once; ie. if you are fencing multiple weapons, you will only have to do it on the first day on which you are fencing.

kitten
-1st December 2004, 22:36
For all those peeps out there wondering about the most important event this weekend...

The drinking...

As usual we'll probably be meeting up in the 'Irish' again (mostly because it's the only place in Nottingham on a saturday that allows trainers and is big enough + it's tradition) and we're thinking that a pub on the waterfront (next to canal, between train station and broadmarsh bus station) would be a good place to get the drinks in first. There's a bit of a price war going on at the mo, I expect we'll probbaly go to Lloyds No1

Any requests for good restaurants etc...?

xox

Nick_C
-1st December 2004, 23:09
Uglybug,

(I'm assuming you're official, and therefore know about these things.)

I'm with Welsh Fencing (not BFA), which may cause complications. However, I shall email them and ask them very nicely to email me with proof of renewal. Otherwise things may get complicated!!

Just to let you know.

Cheers

UglyBug
-2nd December 2004, 09:07
Yes I am - if you can't get hold of them between now and then, I will have some Welsh forms anyway because I'm sure you won't be the only one in that position - we'll have Scottish ones too