PDA

View Full Version : BFA results page

Nick_C
-30th November 2004, 14:02
Was looking at the BFA results page, and noticed that the Ridley-Martin 2004 results appear to have vanished! Where have they gone? I assume that the ranking points still count...

Glue Boy
-30th November 2004, 14:27
they r counting on the cadet ranking so yeah, probably

Rhubarb
-10th December 2004, 14:47
So the World Champs result was a fluke!!? It certainly seems to be as your overall GB? ranking of 109 is not exactly world class.

hokers
-10th December 2004, 15:49
He means he is 9th in the British Cadet World Champ qualifier list, not that he was 9th in the actual CWC. Perhaps get your facts straight before making negative comments?

Nick_C
-12th December 2004, 18:09
What is Cadet these days anyway. Is it U17? And what's Junior. Is that U20. I can never keep track of all these terms!

>your overall GB? ranking of 109 is not exactly world class.

Actually, the World Veteren's Champion is ranked 94th in the MS, so yes maybe it is world class. Nice try though. You always seem to be making sarcastic comments on this board.

Although don't you have to be 13 to enter Opens? In which case, how is sonic competing in the U13 LPJS? Maybe he's borderline!

Foilling Around
-12th December 2004, 20:56
Nick_C - where did you get the date of the East Mids Regionals from?

Ulrika
-12th December 2004, 21:25
Originally posted by Nick_C
What is Cadet these days anyway. Is it U17? And what's Junior. Is that U20.
As far as I know Juniors are under the age of 20.
But I believe there are (or can be at certain competitions) different classes, like younger Junior and older Junior. Although I'm not entirely sure what ages those classes apply to so I couldn't explain any more, sorry.

As for Cadets I'm fairly sure that this year (2004) it would mean that people born between 1988-1991 are cadets. But feel free to correct me on that (too)!

Glue Boy
-13th December 2004, 09:43
Cadet is: 1988-as long as they r alive (i think)
Junior is: 1995-1991

I can do opens because to do opens this season (Which begins on September 1st i think) because if i was 13 on the 1st september i can do them, Which i was. but the LPJS rankings run at different times. I was under 13 because i was born in 1991, if i was 13 before the 1st of January then i could do it, i was born on the 11th of January.

My 109th is in the senior rankings. I have only done a few senior comps because i was only able to do them from september. The maximum number of comps u r able to have on the rankings is 6, i am only counting 3, and i did not get a good result at 1 of these. I'm 13, short and have still not got much senior experience! Of course i'm not going to have a world Class ranking! Where do u expect me to be in the rankings?

haggis
-13th December 2004, 10:02
Sonic

They're talking about your signature for posts. If they have their brains half switched off they read your signature as saying that you finished 9th at the World Cadet Championships rather than being 9th in the GB rankings for qualification for the Cadet World Championships. Don't sweat it, their mistake , not yours.

Regards

Haggis

Rhubarb
-13th December 2004, 10:03
'm sorry about my previous remark! I was being unkind, its just that this forum has more than its share of BuLL***** . Well done on your efforts to fence 'above ' your age group.

haggis
-13th December 2004, 12:33
Originally posted by Rhubarb
'm sorry about my previous remark! I was being unkind, its just that this forum has more than its share of BuLL***** . Well done on your efforts to fence 'above ' your age group.

See. He's a nice chap really...

randomsabreur
-13th December 2004, 12:40
Senior 109th at age 13 is very impressive, given that there are somewhere in the region of 200 people below that many of whom have been fencing longer than sonic has been alive, and are also double the height and weight. I would be interested to know how many people have equalled it on in one of the men's weapons (or any weapon other than WS as there are only about 120 people with points on the list now). Particularly in since the lower age limit for opens came in.

There are also a fair few people who would struggle to get 2 good L64s and a L32 in Men's sabre events, each of which had more than 90 people fencing, even after doing a couple of seasons on the senior circuit when of a similar size to the rest of the competitors.

LPJS works on a calendar year system, while the fencing season is a bit odd in that it takes your age as at 1 January as your age for the season running from approx September to July. (or from worlds to worlds) (junior/cadet is april to march ish. This is because that is what the FIE says.

Having been reffed by sonic on a couple of occasions, and having watched a tough senior poule that he fenced in and reffed, I wish I were as good a referee as he is.

Before anyone says that I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, I am a senior (age 23) and my current ranking is 8th (but waiting anxiously for next ranking update).

Peter Pan
-13th December 2004, 13:02
Originally posted by randomsabreur
I would be interested to know how many people have equalled it on in one of the men's weapons (

Jamie Fitzgerald is also 13 and looking pretty impressive in mens foil (71st at present). Physically though, he's a lot closer in height & weight to his opponents than Sonic.

Clearly both very good prospects, both showing good attitude.

randomsabreur
-13th December 2004, 13:11
Its kind of depressing how many of the 11 year olds are taller than me, let alone the 13 and 14 year olds. And one of the 12 year olds in my club is starting to beat me regularly... And using the new timings. Everytime I see him I he has grown, so you can't even tell how long his attacks are going to be at the beginning of each fight, because his reach gets longer each week. Children should not be able to fence adults until they are fully grown so that we don't have to deal with them changing the distance of their attacks each time. Training should also be banned so people always to the same mistakes... All these people making me work.

OK, the boredom of waiting to be busy at work (which I know only too well is just around the corner) is driving me rather mad. There is something of a feeling of the calm before the storm. Must set up signature for forum, not enough people are posting at the moment.

Glue Boy
-13th December 2004, 18:12
Originally posted by Rhubarb

don't worry about it, thanks for the apology

thanks for the kind words guys

Ulrika
-13th December 2004, 19:02
Originally posted by Sonic
I'm 13
Wow...I must admit I thought you were much older than that!
I'm impressed by your achievments Sonic, cheers!

:drink: <--- It's only Coca-Cola, mind you...

Glue Boy
-13th December 2004, 20:59
i've decided that fizzy drinks r bad 4 me so i'm not drinkin them anymore! well tigger convinced me, I'll have some orange juice instead! :cheers2:

Nick_C
-14th December 2004, 11:23
Originally posted by Sonic
i've decided that fizzy drinks r bad 4 me so i'm not drinkin them anymore! well tigger convinced me, I'll have some orange juice instead! :cheers2:

During fencing, or in general?

Glue Boy
-14th December 2004, 14:10
in general

slipper
-15th December 2004, 10:23
Anyone know when the rankings for December will go up?

hokers
-15th December 2004, 10:35
We're all waiting with baited breath. Apparently Neil has updated some of the Cadet/Junior ones, but not the seniors.

randomsabreur
-15th December 2004, 12:44
The only one I can see has been updated in junior men's. I was hoping one of the girls' one would be updated so I can work out the NIF of the H&W and decide if I made the right decision to go to France instead...

Lynne
-15th December 2004, 18:54
Originally posted by Peter Pan
Jamie Fitzgerald is also 13 and looking pretty impressive in mens foil (71st at present). Physically though, he's a lot closer in height & weight to his opponents than Sonic.

Clearly both very good prospects, both showing good attitude.

Rhys Melia is only 14, (and, whilst significantly smaller than Jamie F, is growing!) and is about 80th in the Senior MF Rankings.

Foilling Around
-15th December 2004, 19:30
There speaks a proud Mum!! Well done to Rhys and Jamie as well as Sonic

WF there are a lot of youngsters
We all know Dominic Stowell, but also in the senior rankings(when the Welsh results are in):-
In the teens Laura Delany (15)
In the 20s Catriona Sibert (14) Lara Kerrison (14)
In the 30s Lisa McKenzie (15) Carolyn Benson (14) Kate McLeod (15)

Unfortunately for Lynne she has had too much experience of the girls Cadets this year!!

Nick_C
-21st December 2004, 00:38
Originally posted by Foilling Around
Nick_C - where did you get the date of the East Mids Regionals from?

Um, I think either the EM newsletter, or an email. Not sure which. I'll email Steve Smith just to check - he should know. I shall then post the result on this thread. I think it's all 3 weapons on the same day.

slipper
-21st December 2004, 08:32
I know updating the rankings must be a thankless, boring annoying task, but you would kind of hope that they would be updated by the 21st of the month!

come on i want to know if i've finally made the top hundred!

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thank you thank you thank you!

vil
-21st December 2004, 10:36
Originally posted by slipper
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thank you thank you thank you!
You might get better results emailing your pleas directly to the Sabre ranking points coordinator...