PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Match!!!

Michaelwk
-10th December 2004, 11:05
Any club interested in a friendly comp with us at Liverpool Uni?

Sparks
-10th December 2004, 12:23
Possibly, what did you have in mind?

Michaelwk
-10th December 2004, 12:29
Hey there . . . . any format really. We can host or travel but will have to see what the others think of that before committing.

BUT all three weapons in a team format OR individual format?

Open to suggestions!!

Ohh if I said the name: Shane Greer to you; would you know who im talking about?

Also, A saburer called Agius?

Sparks
-11th December 2004, 12:23
Well, I don't know a Shane Greer, but I've got a guy called Mike Greer on my Sabre team. And the name Aguis rings a bell, but im not sure why...

As for Individuals/teams, Im not sure really, it'd depend on interest.

myopic
-12th December 2004, 13:53
Tom Agius fences at Edinburgh Uni, is an ex-scotland schools fencer and lazy swine who should get himself to more opens . . .

There are more intimate details which must never be made public, but thats Tom in a nutshell.

It's pronounced like 'a juice'. if anyone was wondering.

Michaelwk
-13th December 2004, 07:33
TOm . . .yes . . .i do some work with his dad! A tentative connection at best!

Plus; maybe you know an Amy who used to study at Liverpool?

Neo
-12th March 2005, 00:52
Speak to ULU - http://www.ulufencing.net - I'm sure Max or Graham will see this too. Not sure on whether they'd travel though, u'd need to speak to em.

M

Maxim
-12th March 2005, 12:35
I will talk to people at the club, I think some will be interested. What dates do you have in mind?

Michaelwk
-14th March 2005, 06:43
Dates are negotiable really; just putting feelers out for interest at the moment! During uni term times would be best to catch most of our people but we do have several members who are locals.

Adler
-14th March 2005, 11:09
Now that coventry uni has a club i might be able to get an Epee or Sabre team together.

If your inereted let me know some possible dates and i'll ask around.

Aidan
-14th March 2005, 16:53
Hi. Wolves Uni are looking for a friendly too - yours sounds good. We've got a small group of semi-competent fencers (all weapons) and a load of enthusiastic beginners (foil). Fancy it?
Aidan

Michaelwk
-15th March 2005, 06:39
Hi there Aidan;

Yeah sounds great!! i'll PM you with our secretaries email!! Dont know when we can do one though; will have to be a weekend match! How are you for hall space?

Aidan
-16th March 2005, 09:25
Hi Michael - thanks for your PM - I've mailed Bryony. We've got room to hold a match here, as long as we can book the hall well in advance. I'll talk to my lot at our session tomorrow.

A

Michaelwk
-16th March 2005, 10:50
Fantastic!! looking forward to it!! Hope theres some good pubs near you too!! ;)

Spaced
-17th March 2005, 10:28
what is the standard of fencing like at Liverpool uni?

Michaelwk
-17th March 2005, 10:30
Pretty good actually!! We have no superstars like Manchester as all out lot are less that 3 years experinced but they are doing very well in matches and well in opens!

Where about are you from?