PDA

View Full Version : Inserting smilies

vil
-14th December 2004, 15:21
When you click on one of the smiley icons to insert it into your message, it always gets appended to the end of the message. It'd be much more convenient if it got inserted wherever the cursor currently was. Any chance of that?

wingnutLP
-14th December 2004, 15:24
In sa word NO!

Sorry but I have looked for a mod to V buletin to do this and can't find one. I think the problem may actually be at the browser end rather than the server.

Sorry :)

vil
-14th December 2004, 16:00
Hmm, I've had a look at what would be required on the JavaScript side of things and it's not impossible but it is very tricky. Interesting - I think I'll have a bit of a play... :)

If I come up with anything, I'll post it here.

uk_45
-15th December 2004, 20:23
remeber it would also have to work within the database that runs the forum as well, no know if the forum is access MySql or MsSql i could say how the java script would work

Neo
-5th May 2005, 08:48
Originally posted by uk_45
remeber it would also have to work within the database that runs the forum as well, no know if the forum is access MySql or MsSql i could say how the java script would work

no it wouldn't. get a clue before you post.

It would have to be embedded in php (actually strictly it wouldn't, u could end the php, put in the JS, and then start the php again), since that is what renders the actual site. MySQL merely contains the data which php picks up.