PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the moderators gone?

haggis
-4th June 2003, 15:04
Has anyone else noticed that Kingkenny and Wingnut have been very quiet recently? I'm starting to worry that we've been left here unsupervised. I can hardly be trusted even when someone is keeping an eye on me.

kingkenny
-4th June 2003, 15:10
Very bussy man but i still am all seeing all knowing.
:grin:
well done moose 1000 post.
:moon:
Gav you can be a modirator if you want?
:confused:
I am going to the American fencing championships for 11 days on the 26th so please behave. Or :bash:

Later

:upset: :flush: :eyerise: :kingkenny :gunner:

Boo Boo
-4th June 2003, 15:11
American Nationals? Do you want a bag carrier?

:)

kingkenny
-4th June 2003, 15:13
I am the bag carrier and it is in austin texas so you have to be a cowboy and thats me in a nut shell. :run:

oiuyt
-4th June 2003, 15:14
Going as a vendor? That'll be nice, actually get to see the LP kit firsthand in more than just the bits and pieces that a few people happen to have.

-B :)

Boo Boo
-4th June 2003, 15:16
Even bag carriers need bag carriers ;)

Will Leon Paul be having an equipment stand at the US Nationals? Is so, have you done this previous years or is this the first?

Hhhmmm, Texas, sunshine, warmth...

Still can't complain, will be in Montego Bay on 26th June (just for the day).

Boo

kingkenny
-4th June 2003, 15:19
We are not really going to sell apart (from the stuff other companies dont make X change masks, v-blades, light weight stuff) more to demonstrate and to show. Sould be fun though if you have any thoughts please let me know.

Anything people want to see?
:party:

Aoife
-4th June 2003, 18:13
I think that's a wonderful idea Kenny!!!

Good luck and I hope you have a great time over there!!! :grin:

Why does Gav get to be a moderator? :upset: (well, he's probably responsible and doesn't drift off topic et cetere... unlike some of us :confused: )

Have loads of fun in Texas! I'll do my best to keep Moose in his place when you're away :)

Tubby
-4th June 2003, 23:29
I am the bag carrier and it is in austin texas so you have to be a cowboy Maybe you'll meet Katman, he is from Houston......................

Few cowboy tips if you want to bluff yer way as a cowboy.

1. Wear Wrangler or Lee jeans Levis are for folk back East.
2. Your clothes have got to be immaculately pressed with a vertical crease down the middle of each of your jeans legs.
3. Big shiny belt buckle is de rigueur.
4. Nothing less than $500 'gator skin boots.
5. Have to have a pager attached to your belt.
6. Must be able to 2 step.
7. You dance the 2 step counter clockwise.
8. 2 step is not Claire and H.
:cookie:

ChubbyHubby
-5th June 2003, 09:28
Originally posted by Boo Boo
American Nationals? Do you want a bag carrier?

:)

you are so cheap!

err.. actually that's not true, I should know. :moon:

Boo Boo
-5th June 2003, 09:35
Am not cheap!!!

In my contract, bag carriers ALWAYS fly first class, ALWAYS stay in 5* hotels, have a maximum working day of 30 minutes and will only carry a maximum of 1 bag up to a weight of 6kgs... :cool:

Wonder why I don't get employed as a bag carrier very often...???

Boo

ChubbyHubby
-5th June 2003, 09:54
destined to be a bag lady then....

Boo Boo
-5th June 2003, 09:56
ChubbyHubby, destined to be divorced...

Boo Boo
-5th June 2003, 09:59
Guess you would just be "Chubby" then...

Aoife
-5th June 2003, 12:32
You tell him Boo Boo! :grin:

ChubbyHubby
-5th June 2003, 12:34
women...

can't beat them but not allowed to "let them win". :grin:

Aoife
-5th June 2003, 12:43
Men...

Can't live with them, can't legally torture them to death.

(boys.... can't live with them, can't make soup from their bones)

haggis
-5th June 2003, 13:15
ChubbyHubby

I'd offer some moral support but Aoife and Boo Boo seem to be in "rampage" mode so I think I'll go and hide somewhere til it's over.

wingnutLP
-5th June 2003, 13:26
Hulk angry... Hulk SMASH!!!

(at least for 3 days a month!!)

Boo Boo
-5th June 2003, 13:43
Chubby

Be nice....

Originally posted by wingnut
Hulk angry... Hulk SMASH!!!

(at least for 3 days a month!!) + Requires LOADS of (expensive) chocolate

Hudson
-5th June 2003, 16:17
Originally posted by Aoife
Men...

Can't live with them, can't legally torture them to death.

i thought that was called getting married?

Boo Boo
-5th June 2003, 16:19
Well ChubbyHubby has hung on for 6 years of "legal torture" without expiring yet... :(

Boo

vikkia
-5th June 2003, 19:51
So what are you doing wrong!!!

Aoife
-5th June 2003, 20:08
(at least for 3 days a month!!)

Not a smart move wingnut, not a smart move at all :)

Hudson
-5th June 2003, 20:13
you've done it now wingnut, she's going to gett you now :grin:

Aoife
-5th June 2003, 20:43
Nahhhhh, I'm a nice person. I woudn't get wingnut, just make him think I might :)

Hudson
-5th June 2003, 20:47
oh phsycolohical warfare now is it.

pinkelephant
-7th June 2003, 13:08
Well ChubbyHubby has hung on for 6 years of "legal torture" without expiring yet... :(

Boo

3-card Trick has nearly made it to 24!!!:cool:

PM1
-7th June 2003, 20:48
...and mine made 25 last year......think he's just darn lazy, tho'.....or is the word I'm looking for "masochist"....

need any more moderators??????;) ;) and what does it take to become one????

Moose
-7th June 2003, 21:53
Lol yeah, can I be a mod?

Serious question actually, got 4 years experience on two forums. (one of which had posters with post counts 40 times my own, that was a scary place http://www.df3.net (currently on loan to jolt) and http://www.battle-fields.com)

And best way to deal with women at that "time" is to swap their coffee for hot chocolate, stop eating breakfast lunch and dinner, instead have chocolate parts 1-5 and icecream parts 1-3 :grin: Also, stop acting like normal and be on good behavior. It may be hard, but its the lesser of two evils :grin:

Boo Boo
-7th June 2003, 21:55
Think Pinkelephant and PM1 deserve "long service" medals...

Please tell me, after 24/25 years, do you manage to get them to the state when the dirty laundry makes it into the laundry basket, rather than just the bedroom floor within 3 feet of the laundry basket?

Wondering if these things are normal or whether ChubbyHubby is what's known as a "fixer-upper"... :rolleyes:

Boo

Moose
-7th June 2003, 21:58
Boo Boo has cracked the idea, have the laundry basket in the bedroom rather than the airing cupboard, things are more likely to be accidentally tossed in from this location :grin:

PM1
-9th June 2003, 20:35
Hmmm - "fixer upper": well, he don't do much "fixing" no more, and his aim for the laundry basket SEEMS better, but his socks - they go elsewhere..........:o

AND i missed out on me 25 year bash......gotta sort that one out;) ;) That's all I was waiting for......

PM1
-9th June 2003, 20:36
Hmmm - "fixer upper": well, he don't do much "fixing" no more, and his aim for the laundry basket SEEMS better, but his socks - they go elsewhere..........:o

AND i missed out on me 25 year bash......gotta sort that one out;) ;) That's all I was waiting for......:party: :party:

Boo Boo
-9th June 2003, 20:38
Forget the bash and go on a cruise instead... (seems to be very popular for 25 year wedding anniversaries...) :)

Boo

haggis
-9th June 2003, 21:20

Boo

Yeah but people are starting to wonder if you've buried him under the patio (Would the last person to see ChubbyHubby alive please contact the police...no believable reported sightings have been made in the Edinburgh area)

Equally 6 years of marriage to an imaginary husband don't count (sure I've met ChubbyHubby, didn't I? Didn't I??)

PM1
-9th June 2003, 22:14
CRUISE????????:o :o You expect him to PAY for something himself???and organise it himself??????Nah - the older they get the more dependent they become. And so we'll do soemthing III want to do - when I decide - and THEN he can shell out.:grin: :grin: He'll be fine with anything he can drink himself silly doing......

And are the moderators all male, then?????;) ;) cos they'll get to be like that too......tee hee

Boo Boo
-9th June 2003, 22:53
Lots of people THINK that they MAY have seen ChubbyHubby... We don't have a patio/garden at the moment, but we will next year... ;) (a freshly laid patio, just big enough for a ChubbyHubby... :grin: )

"...so we'll do soemthing III want to do - when I decide - and THEN he can shell out" - sounds perfectly well trained to me, PM1 :)

Boo
(MENTAL NOTE: Increase ChubbyHubby's life insurance before moving into the new house with the patio...)

PM1
-9th June 2003, 23:07
Ain't that the truth, Boo Boo;) ;) But ingenuity/originality/blah blah:blablabla :moan: Hey!!! I could call time out and haven't, so WILL fix something up.... A trouble shared is a trouble broadcast.....;) ;)

PS rough cast work or a rockery are good at hiding "imperfections" in the garden...:eek:

Be afraid, boys - be very afraid...........(manic laughter smilie but I can't find one)

Boo Boo
-9th June 2003, 23:32
Hhhhmmmm...rockery.... :grin:

PM1
-9th June 2003, 23:51
.......that's my girl.......;) ;)

Moose
-10th June 2003, 06:10
Lol, you can bury me if someone is ever closing down a quarry :grin:

Gav
-10th June 2003, 08:43
Well, I hadn't browsed this section for a couple of days and here I find Haggis stirring up trouble by attracting the 'bosses' attention!

Kingkenny, if you are offering to make me a moderator then sure put me down - if only to keep an eye on the trouble makers. You know who you are, I know who you are - remember the eye is all-seeing!:grin:

@-<

Gav
-10th June 2003, 08:49
Why does Gav get to be a moderator? (well, he's probably responsible and doesn't drift off topic et cetere... unlike some of us )

Blooming 'eck I must be getting sensible in my old age...

haggis
-10th June 2003, 08:50
Sorry Gav. I just noticed that Wingnut and Kingkenny had been a bit quiet for a while. I was worried that I might find myself compelled to write something really libellous and nobody would tell me off. Turns out that, unlike the rest of us, they'd been busy working.

Gav
-10th June 2003, 09:06
Work? What is this "work" that everyone keeps telling me about?

haggis
-10th June 2003, 09:13
Originally posted by Gav
Work? What is this "work" that everyone keeps telling me about?

This from a man who takes home software manuals for a bit of light reading.

Boo Boo
-10th June 2003, 09:31
Are you sure that Gav is not really ChubbyHubby in disguise?

(ChubbyHubby's idea of light holiday reading is "Advanced XML" or something similar... :rolleyes: ).

Boo
(having a nasty day - lots of loose ends to tie up before going away tomorrow...)

Gav
-10th June 2003, 10:08
Groan! Don't remind me... that particular package still annoys me. Having said that I will read just about anything that's put in front of me. Currently I'm reading up on various excercise regimes in an effort to increase flexibility and strength. Not interesting but certainly informative.

oiuyt
-10th June 2003, 16:01
http://www.unmuseum.org/lnesslas.jpg

Chubby Hubby or just a hoax? You be the judge!

Aoife
-10th June 2003, 18:38
lmao :rolling: