PDA

View Full Version : PM revolt!!!!

Muso440
-7th June 2003, 12:55
Okay, that's it, I'm pissed off now. :mad: :mad: :mad:

There is something going majorly wrong with the PM system, Kenny and Wingnut. I have just spent about half an hour trying to send somehting to srb, and it keeps telling me my message is too long - even when I reduce it to just one line!!!! Just occasionally it will let me send a *very* short message through, like 'test', but I can't actaully send the one I want to send!!!

I thought at first it was becuase I was hitting reply, and it was somehow counting the text of srb's previous message, but then I tried starting a new one and the same thing happened.

I know people have complained before about 1000 characters not being long enough, and I have to say I agree. The problem seems to arise if my message is too long at first - even if I cut some out, it then gets confused and won't let anything through but says everything is too long.

And therefore I can't post a really relatively short message about Surrey fencing clubs to the person I want. You said before that we should use email for long messages, but srb has disabled that (which is fair enough), so I can't actually say to him what I want.

And I only use PM relatively rarely anyway!

So, I say, enough!!!! Fellow PM-ing fencers, revolt! On to the revolution! We demand longer message lengths!!!!

:mad: :bash: :pirate: :pirate:

kingkenny
-8th June 2003, 14:43
will do on monday.