PDA

View Full Version : Boo Hoo

Aoife
-7th June 2003, 18:34
Why isn't my quote button working? It gives me an open quote, once, then nothing else for the entire message saying "<< You already have an open tag of this type >>" even afte I've closed the tag. It even does this if I open the tag, then close it again.

I know it's not too much effor to actually type the tag myself, but I'm very lazy and like clikcing extra cool buttons :)

pinkelephant
-7th June 2003, 19:41
My quote button works, but only seems to quote the entire posting, even if I select just the bit I want. Can any techy geeks out there help us (in English, please)?

Hudson
-7th June 2003, 20:56
hit the quote button and delete the bits you don't want in there.

Mantis
-7th June 2003, 21:25
Originally posted by Aoife
Why isn't my quote button working? It gives me an open quote, once, then nothing else for the entire message saying "<< You already have an open tag of this type >>" even afte I've closed the tag. It even does this if I open the tag, then close it again.

I know it's not too much effor to actually type the tag myself, but I'm very lazy and like clikcing extra cool buttons :)

No idea at all. Can you give some more details? Eg, what are your preferences and have you changed anything recently? What browser are you using and has anything changed with that? Also, how do you get the "<< You already have an open tag of this type >>" message?

Aoife
-8th June 2003, 15:04
I'm on Windows 98, Internet Explorer. I haven't changed anything recently... that I know of.

I'm getting the message in the box under the row of buttons including the quote button. All my other buttons are working. Just not my quote button.

Perchance I over-quoted and it's sulking.

Mantis
-8th June 2003, 20:04
Originally posted by Aoife
I'm on Windows 98, Internet Explorer. I haven't changed anything recently... that I know of.

I'm getting the message in the box under the row of buttons including the quote button. All my other buttons are working. Just not my quote button.

Perchance I over-quoted and it's sulking.

What happens when you use the "Close All Tags" button? That should clear it so that you can open another tag. Also, try turning Enhanced Mode off to see if this makes a difference.

Am I right in thinking that you use several different computers, depending upon where you are at the time? Does this not work at all or only on a specific computer?

Still no idea at all. :upset:

Aoife
-9th June 2003, 19:53
Yay! That closing all tags thing works!!!

I'm not certain if it works on all the other computers (I've had exams, but I'll try and sneak into my coaches classroom- the one with all the computers- at lunch someday soon.... I need to replace that crappy mouse anyway.... out of my own pockets may I add! Darn crappy school budget).

Turnign enhanced mode off? Awww, but I like things which are enhanced.