PDA

View Full Version : I think this was funny.

PUppy
-6th February 2005, 19:26
I was reading the fencing faq at fencing.net and I saw this:

Epee produces lights when the tip is not depressed.

The tip is jammed shut. Slap on the floor to free it.
Grit in the tip is shorting the circuit. Slap on the floor to dislodge the grit, or disassemble and clean the point.
The blade wires are shorting to each other. Check the insulation, especially inside the guard.
The scoring box is on the wrong weapon setting.

gbm
-6th February 2005, 19:37
Oh dear... it just makes me cringe when people do that. Often 'helpfully' to other people's weapons...

nessyfencer
-12th February 2005, 00:30
Originally posted by PUppy

Grit in the tip is shorting the circuit. Slap on the floor to dislodge the grit, or disassemble and clean the point.
The blade wires are shorting to each other. Check the insulation, especially inside the guard.(...or slap it on the floor! Ronnie)
The scoring box is on the wrong weapon setting. (...so slap it on the floor)

Twohat
-12th February 2005, 11:29
If you don't understand it, smash it.

or,

If something doesn't work, and you can't see why it doesn't work, break it so you can see why it doesn't work. It still won't work, but you'll feel better somehow because you understand why it doesn't work.

luke99
-1st March 2005, 21:13
yeah it makes you feel that way sometimes

dilznik
-2nd March 2005, 11:23
Originally posted by Twohat
If you don't understand it, smash it.

I think you're trying to push sabre (pronounced "neanderthal") techniques on the wrong crowd!

That said: If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

D'Artignan
-3rd March 2005, 21:24
Dilznik, if you've ever had an arguement with his daughter, you'd say the same!:grin:
(sorry, Mop. It was just too tempting!)

Moppet
-3rd March 2005, 21:38
:upset: It's okay. *sniff*

D'Artignan
-3rd March 2005, 21:39
Originally posted by Moppet
:upset: It's okay. *sniff* Don't worry, I know you'll get me back as soon as humanly (Moppetly?) possible

Moppet
-3rd March 2005, 21:41
Yup, don't forget, I'll be at the glasgow. ;)

Time to run and hide? :tongue:

D'Artignan
-3rd March 2005, 21:46
Nah, I want to find out if you're just as evil in real life!:blaaaa: :nanananan
BTW you doing foil or just epee?

Moppet
-3rd March 2005, 22:13
Just epee, and I'm nice really, must be the forum (and possibly you?) that bring out the worst in me.

Cue twohat to tell everyone the total opposite and spoil it all! :confused:

D'Artignan
-3rd March 2005, 22:20
You're such a charmer, Mop. I might wave an epee about that weekend then, just to show you how easy it is;)

Moppet
-3rd March 2005, 22:21
Yeah, whatever...:tongue:

nessyfencer
-6th March 2005, 19:54
Originally posted by PUppy

The blade wires are shorting to each other. Check the insulation, especially inside the guard.
The scoring box is on the wrong weapon setting.

Just thinking, should checking the "The scoring box is on the wrong weapon setting" not be the FIRST thing you do? Before slapping anything on the floor! Surely?

Moppet
-6th March 2005, 22:25
You'd be amazed how many people don't do that and start changing weapons and spools and things just to find that one flick of a switch on the box would solve it all...:dizzy:

D'Artignan
-7th March 2005, 22:52
Originally posted by nessyfencer
Just thinking, should checking the "The scoring box is on the wrong weapon setting" not be the FIRST thing you do? Before slapping anything on the floor! Surely? It was on an American forum, remember. They don't do sense.

Twohat
-7th March 2005, 23:17
Probly not intentionally funny, either then . . .

D'Artignan
-7th March 2005, 23:18
I would doubt it very much.

dilznik
-8th March 2005, 09:02
Originally posted by D'Artignan
It was on an American forum, remember. They don't do sense.

*ahem* I was down 4-1 in a German tournament when I realized that 4th touch must've been flat. I pressed the side of my blade to my opponent's lame and sure enough, the light goes off. It was set to sabre the whole time. And not by me! :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!!!!

D'Artignan
-8th March 2005, 11:49
Originally posted by dilznik
*ahem* I was down 4-1 in a German tournament when I realized that 4th touch must've been flat. I pressed the side of my blade to my opponent's lame and sure enough, the light goes off. It was set to sabre the whole time. And not by me! :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!!!! German efficiency at it's best?