PDA

View Full Version : 'go to 1st unread post' thingy

Muso440
-10th June 2003, 12:44
Does anyone else have the problem that if you click 'go to first unread post', it quite often doesn't go there at all but just somewhere completely random?

It's quite annoying (especially in the Association game).

Can anythign be done to fix it, forum techy people?

Gav
-10th June 2003, 13:01
It seems to start loading at the beginning of the thread and start working it's way back. If you are patient then you won't have that problem.

Muso440
-10th June 2003, 18:55
Impatient? Me?

Okay, I'll see if that helps, ta!

Muso440
-14th June 2003, 19:03
Originally posted by Gav
It seems to start loading at the beginning of the thread and start working it's way back. If you are patient then you won't have that problem.

:upset:

After a few days of being patient and Gav's suggestion seeming to work, it just happened again: it took me to page 89 of the association game, without me ever having read pages 84-88. And I waited too. :(

Hey ho, maybe it' s jsut me.:upset:

oiuyt
-16th June 2003, 18:10
It takes you to the most recent post after the last time you logged in. If you logged in, didn't read the association game, then came back and logged in again later the "most recent post" jump would talk you beyond where you had actually read. The board assumes that if you log in that you've read every post up to that time. Sounds like this is the problem that you're describing. Gav's suggestion is a fix for the opposite problem when the jump brings you to posts that you HAVE already read (or at least that seems to be my reading of what he suggests would fix).

-B :)

Muso440
-16th June 2003, 18:12
Originally posted by oiuyt
It takes you to the most recent post after the last time you logged in. If you logged in, didn't read the association game, then came back and logged in again later the "most recent post" jump would talk you beyond where you had actually read.

Ah, okay. That could well be it. Had better just start reading it every time then (if it's not deleted first.)