PDA

View Full Version : Univeristy fencing

Cheetara
-10th June 2003, 15:58
Do you think a forum for university fencing would be a good idea?

Gav
-10th June 2003, 16:54
BUSA should organise their own one.

Whatever happened to the NUS?

Gav
-10th June 2003, 16:55
Besides students smell. :tongue:

Sasori
-10th June 2003, 16:58
Gav, those in glass houses...

tut tut tut!

On thread, Why?

I am a student fencer, but really, what would we need one for? All the forums that exist could cover it...

ceprab
-19th June 2003, 10:46
Because whenever a conversation degrades to BUSA people complain about it going off topic.

And there are plenty of us here 'cos of having lots of internet access and nothing better to do. Or there will be again once September/October roll around.

Dave Hillier
-21st October 2003, 13:21
Now that the university season is back on again can we have our new section please.

doobarz
-21st October 2003, 13:24
There are already two threads! One in Tournaments, and one in Off Piste. I think that students should be clever enough to find them....

Dave Hillier
-21st October 2003, 13:32
There are already two threads! One in Tournaments, and one in Off Piste

both discussing the same thing with lots of pointless duplication which is why there should be a seperate section.

I think that students should be clever enough to find them....

oh I don't know, I get to mark their work. Quite a few of them can't cope with copying an equation from a text book.

Mantis
-21st October 2003, 14:17
Originally posted by Dave Hillier
both discussing the same thing with lots of pointless duplication which is why there should be a seperate section.

In those two thread there has been discussion on:

the individuals in December
fixtures list for the team competition
Wednesday afternoons free for sport
who is at which uni
the scoring system
general banter between teams

and we are only about one month into the university year. All this has been fairly much mixed up in the two threads so it is not so easy to follow what is going on and it doesn't help that both threads have the same name. Can we now have a section for students, or are the powers that be still of the opinion that it is not necessary.

Barry Paul
-22nd October 2003, 14:44
Hi,
I suggested last week to Kingkenny that we should re-organise the headings Olympic W/Champs and make a separate listing for University/Student Fencing. So next week it should be done. Barry Paul. M.D.

Dave Hillier
-22nd October 2003, 14:47
Thanks Barry

kingkenny
-1st November 2003, 13:56
and dusted: http://fencingforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=31