PDA

View Full Version : Ashton LPJS

Total_Fencing
-24th February 2005, 10:24
Who's going?

I'll be there in the U15 Boys. Does anyone know what kind of size it'll be? I can't imagine that there'll be that many people, seeing as it doesn't count towards the rankings and we just had the BYCs...

-Louis.

Aidyboy
-27th February 2005, 18:53
I want to start fencing epee competitively but am unsure how to enter myself in comps and stuff. I'm 15, 16 in may, can I fence in cadet comps, and for how long?

PM1
-27th February 2005, 22:47
Originally posted by aidyboi
I want to start fencing epee competitively but am unsure how to enter myself in comps and stuff. I'm 15, 16 in may, can I fence in cadet comps, and for how long?

You are able to enter cadet comps during the rest of the 04/05 season, ie now, and for the whole of the 05/06 season, as you will not be 17 on 1st Jan 2006, For boys epee, you therefore have one full ranking season left to you, as they finish when the team for the worlds is chosen, and that has just happenned. To get yourself onto the ranking list, go onto the BFA web site, click on Rankings, go into Boys Junior and cadet epee, and complete the interest form. Then, keep looking in the rankings site and fairly soon the calendar of nominated and selected comps will be posted. The entry forms are either found on the forum, the LP web site, the BFA calendar hot links, The Sword or at comps anyway.

You can fence in open comps anyway. You can fence in LPJS as an under 17 for 05 (season just started) and 06. You are fine for the British cadet champs in October (probable date) and junior comp.

PM me if I can help further, and don't forget to ask your coach, too.:)

27ab1c
-28th February 2005, 11:18
Anyone have results (esp U15 WF)?

Total_Fencing
-28th February 2005, 16:14
I came 3rd place U15 Be, about as far removed from WF as you can get...:confused:

Nice to meet pinkelephant on the day.

Moppet
-28th February 2005, 16:56
Second in U17 WE for me. Weeren't many of us there. All of the people in my cateogry where from my clubs. We got mixed with the boys and I beat everyone but one of the girls i was supposed to be comepeting against. Of course, I drew her in the DEs and was knocked to second.

Sounds good until I tell you there were three of us there. :rolleyes:

Good fun though. Nice, friendly comp though it took a while to get to the DEs from the pools which was a little worrying. :confused:

Aidyboy
-28th February 2005, 19:01
cheerz for the advice PM1. I'll do that, and will definitely make sure to ask my coach.:)