PDA

View Full Version : Press/ Publicity Section

doobarz
-11th June 2003, 14:18
As the BFA have asked each region to have a press officer, should we consider having a section to share links to local/ national press coverage recieved, as a source of ideas for those who seek more for themselves?

Sasori
-11th June 2003, 14:42
This wouldn't have anything to do with your poll would it???

Doobarz ego boost link (http://www.peterboroughnow.co.uk/ViewArticlemore2.aspx?SectionID=846&ArticleID=530723)

kingkenny
-11th June 2003, 15:50
Very nice but your not going to get a publicity section to many posers in the world.

(PS see me in Bond DVD heeeee)
(Pps I got writern consent to use a link so the user could show his identity.)
:sam:

Sasori
-11th June 2003, 16:19
Originally posted by Kingkenny
(Pps I got writern consent to use a link so the user could show his identity.)
:sam:

ummm, never thought of that, but I can't delete it now...help??

doobarz
-11th June 2003, 16:25
I hereby consent to sasori showing me off. Doobarz

Would a section dedicated to press officers however not be valid?

Sasori
-11th June 2003, 16:28
Phew!

Cheers mate!

:o

kingkenny
-12th June 2003, 08:31
Lucky boys dont make me moderate your ass.
:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Aoife
-12th June 2003, 11:02
Kenny, where are you on the Bond DVD? I've been looking, could you give me a clue, pwease.

Oh, and to keep it on topic....

I think a press section would be cool- but having been in the local press a few times I'm somewhat biased :)

oiuyt
-12th June 2003, 21:54
Taking the maybe answer a bit further, what suggestions/ideas do people have for getting into the press? Raising fencing's profile in any other means or medium?

-B :)

doobarz
-12th June 2003, 21:59
I just e-mailed the sports editor of my local paper, who called back with some questions, arranged a photo shoot and asked me to put something together - sending your own copy is a good way in.

I also had a specific event - winning the team bronze in Helsinki - to make a story of which helped.

Rdb811
-13th June 2003, 01:20
Up to date news of wins (even of county events) and your own copy - this is how Alan Perry does teh Surrey releases.

Tubby
-13th June 2003, 02:01
Yuz gots ta suck up to the sports editor of the local rag, big up the good news and emphasis on the town/region dishing it out to a rival helps! Write the copy yourself to get them started but don't be upset when they change the words around and spell everyone's name wrong. Sorted :cool:

Sasori
-13th June 2003, 10:32
Originally posted by doobarz
I just e-mailed the sports editor of my local paper, who called back with some questions, arranged a photo shoot and asked me to put something together - sending your own copy is a good way in.

I also had a specific event - winning the team bronze in Helsinki - to make a story of which helped.

Hmmm, must get on to our press officer..., don't think she does this kind of thing enough, not even for our 'club of champions' :bash::mad:

Aoife
-13th June 2003, 20:02
must get on to our press officer

A press officer eh? That could be a start to getting in the press more :) (ahh, we managed two local papers and the local radio from an in-club tourny, I can't really complain).

but don't be upset when they change the words around and spell everyone's name wrong.

Heehee, in one of ours they misspelt the name of the school on the photo caption, and constantly refered to (and quoted) our coach as somebody completely different (a history teacher at our school who has nothing to do with fencing, but happened to make the call to the papers), but oh well, it was a nice enough artcile, if not a little pun and smut laden (I particularly liked 'hits are awarded for thrusting contact with the body' :) )

I guess it depend how slow your local press is (Thanet Times from this Tuesday has the awe-inspiring and shocking piece- and this is in it's entirity- Unlucky break A WOMAN who broke her ankle at Westgate Bay on Tuesday was helped to an ambulance by coastguards.)