PDA

View Full Version : Inbox Full Indicator

Boo Boo
-3rd March 2005, 17:35
AM sure this must have been suggested before (probably by me), but any chance of an indicator to say that you are about to run out of room in your inbox?

Nothing more annoying that to be told that you haven't received a message because your inbox was full (ok, maybe that the message you tried to send didn't get sent because someone else's inbox was full...)

Boo

nessyfencer
-3rd March 2005, 22:57
Yeah, that is really annoying, but while we are asking, any chance of some more space in the mail box? :D pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeee?

wingnutLP
-4th March 2005, 08:32
I have been looking at upgrading to the latest version of Vbuletin for a while now but am not sure if this is one of the features.

I just delete my old rubbish regurlaly and have never run out of space.:)

I will see what the limit is at the moment and maybe up it a bit.

madfencer
-4th March 2005, 13:29
Gav told me a while back that the limit in your inbox was 40 messages BUT all messages in sent items, message tracking and your folders count as messages in the inbox!! i currently have bout 36!!

madfencer
-4th March 2005, 13:30
jst counted and i have 37! i was close! :tongue:

Aoife
-8th March 2005, 16:09
I tend to perminantly have about 37. More space would be useful!

Neo
-9th March 2005, 13:27
Originally posted by wingnutLP
I have been looking at upgrading to the latest version of Vbuletin for a while now but am not sure if this is one of the features.

I just delete my old rubbish regurlaly and have never run out of space.:)

I will see what the limit is at the moment and maybe up it a bit.

wingnut, I could probably write this if I get time. Would need to look at the code and see :)

Foilling Around
-9th March 2005, 19:43
It must be more than 40 because I just counted 54 before I deleted a load

27ab1c
-9th March 2005, 19:58
I'm not sure this is working properly, because I have 4 messages in my PM section, 3 in PM tracking and none in my folders, yet my home page says I have 41 messages in my folders and my e-mail tells me that no-one else can PM me. How can this be? Am I missing something?

gbm
-9th March 2005, 20:35
Originally posted by 27ab1c
I'm not sure this is working properly, because I have 4 messages in my PM section, 3 in PM tracking and none in my folders, yet my home page says I have 41 messages in my folders and my e-mail tells me that no-one else can PM me. How can this be? Am I missing something?

sent messages? you need to delete them even after they are no longer being tracked.

Boo Boo
-9th March 2005, 20:35

You have checked:
- inbox
- message tracking
- sent items?

Boo

27ab1c
-10th March 2005, 19:28
Thanks GBM; Boo.
I (or someone whose grubby fingers occasionally cross this keyboard) had somehow disabled cookies, so whenever I deleted items from the sent folder I had to log on again and the deletion didn't work.

Seems to be working now (sorry Lynne - Mrs 27ab1c no longer thinks you a serial e-mailer stalking me)

Lynne
-12th March 2005, 10:34
I'm so glad!

madfencer
-15th March 2005, 16:30
Originally posted by Foilling Around
It must be more than 40 because I just counted 54 before I deleted a load

no it is definately 40 coz Gav checked up for me a while back coz i was wondering when i had the msge for the first time...maybe you're special?!! :tongue:

madfencer
-15th March 2005, 16:31

sent items maybe??!!

madfencer
-15th March 2005, 16:33
oh that has already been said...i should have read it... :o: :o:

27ab1c
-15th March 2005, 21:46
Yeah, the sent items needed deleting, but the cookies crumbled and my cup runneth over.
All sorted now.:)

nessyfencer
-10th April 2005, 16:09
What about having an option to have messages sent to your inbox also sent to your own email address? Or the option to forward messages later yourself?

That way everyone can keep as many messages as they want in their own email whilst keeping their fencingforum inbox empty.

nessyfencer
-27th November 2005, 14:16
Originally posted by nessyfencer
What about having an option to have messages sent to your inbox also sent to your own email address? Or the option to forward messages later yourself?

That way everyone can keep as many messages as they want in their own email whilst keeping their fencingforum inbox empty.

Nope? OK... What about something like this...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/nessymonster/Privatemessage.jpg

doobarz
-27th November 2005, 15:19
I never seem to get PMs. Perhaps I am not importnat enough....

madfencer
-29th November 2005, 16:34
Originally posted by nessyfencer
Nope? OK... What about something like this...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/nessymonster/Privatemessage.jpg

from mysportsite! yeah that would be a very good idea for fencingforum that way we would know straight away how much space we have!