PDA

View Full Version : school/uni teams fencing in paris

stabber
-8th March 2005, 12:02
did any of you guys and gals get the email from paris about the Ecole Polytechnique near Paris that organises an International Fencing Challenge match.

apparently, about 200 fencers turn up for it, half of which are not from france and it is a 3-person team (+reserve) format, simlar to BUSA relays.

IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN GOING?

15EUROS = ACCOMMODATION, ENTRY AND FOOD & SOCIAL!!!!!

sounds like a bargain to me....

let me know if you are going; or want to but cant make up complete sets of team(s).

i am hoping i dont have uni work on and would like to do some sabre over there.... plus buy slightly cheaper kit (better exchange rate!)

IF YOU DIDNT GET THE EMAIL I CAN FWD IT TO YOU.

stabber

Maxim
-8th March 2005, 15:22
We are sending two epee and a sabre team. At the moment we are short of a sabruer, so if anybody is interested please contact me asap.
I did not go last year, but everybody who went from my club really enjoyed it. Looks like a great event.

stabber
-8th March 2005, 15:30
which two sabreurs are going from your uni? what the hell... which epeeists also?

if i can time off my hospital placements and the uni will let me go, i might like to join your team if my other uni fncers cant do it.

stabber

stabber
-8th March 2005, 15:40
seeing as tonnes of you never got the orignal email, i'm gonna cut&paste it right here.

i have attached a weblink also, cos the pdf file is too big.

http://binets.frankiz.eleves.polytechnique.fr/escrime/

msg me if it aint workin.

STABBER :starfight

Dear friend,

For the thirteen consecutive year, the Ecole Polytechnique organizes an International Fencing Challenge near Paris. Last year more than 250 students took part in it, more than half of them coming from abroad (England, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Russia…). The Challenge lasts two days (21st and 22nd of April 2005) and is also a great occasion to meet students from all over Europe. This year we will already welcome fencers from Moscow, New York, Madrid, Tübingen, London, Nottingham, Cambridge, Konstanz, Karlsruhe, Bonn, Lausanne plus French teams from Paris and from all over the country. It would be a really great pleasure to add the name of your University on this list. Last year, two teams came from UK and they were really pleased with the Challenge (they are coming back this year). You will find with this e-mail a complete description of the Challenge. The challenge only costs 15 euros per person, and there are competitions for men (teams) and for women (single events).

If you have any questions do not hesitate to send me an e-mail at

thibault.peyronel@polytechnique.fr

I sincerely hope that I will have the pleasure to meet you in April and send you my best regards.

Yours, Thibault Peyronel

http://binets.frankiz.eleves.polytechnique.fr/escrime/

:starfight

edwin
-8th March 2005, 17:22
The link from the email does not work

http://www.polytechnique.fr/eleves/binets/escrime/s-index-en.htm

This one however does. (Much trawling through French Websites to find it)

Also what sort of grade kit will they be expecting us to wear (800N throughout, etc).

JEH

stabber
-8th March 2005, 18:01
havent a clue

i'm hoping 350N will do, but i am waiting for a reply.

anyone else know?

Maxim
-8th March 2005, 18:11
I don't think there are any specific requirements. It is not an FIE event so 800N not required. Last year even 350N was not a must either (or at least they were not checking the labels).

stabber
-8th March 2005, 18:35
PERFECT... thats the kit issues resolved.

now i just need some more fencers!

edwin
-9th March 2005, 09:10
Reading throught the website again kit will have to conforn to FFE regulations which I think are contained in here.

http://www.escrime-ffe.fr/documentation/gf/Chap08.pdf

However my B-grade French isn't sufficient to help me. :mad:

JEH

bucket
-9th March 2005, 10:24
Bonjour,

"<dodgy french accent> Ze peice of paper it zaid that vu need ze kit we used in opens.

Zat is 350N outre kit wit ze 800N underplastron. zat and electric jackets."

Asked a rather nice frenchman I know to translate it, and that's what he said.

Le Buckete

stabber
-9th March 2005, 18:38
JUST GOT THIS USEFUL BUT OF TRIVIA IN....

Hi,

According to French Fencing Federation, you will need a 800N equipment to fence with us. If your team could'nt come because of this requirement, please warn Thibaut Peyronel (thibaut.peyronel@polytechnique.fr), the Team Advisor, since we we migth be able to lend you what you don't have.

Matthieu Varagnat

President of the XIIIth Fencing Challenge of Polytechnique.

seems we all got it wrong..... including the bucket's frenchman

:o: