PDA

View Full Version : Results

bafco
-9th March 2005, 15:54
Has anyone seen the results from the Ashton weekend. I have looked on the BFA site, the Leon Paul site and the Ashton fencing club site.

There is nothing on the BFA site, the last update on the Leon Paul site is for the Sherwood foil. The only thing that seems to have changed on the Ashton site this year is a "Hall of Fame" listing fencers from 30 years back.

27ab1c
-9th March 2005, 18:52
Leon Paul produce good kit and do a fine job promoting the sport, including sponsoring this forum and the junior series (grovelling stops here) but they're not too hot at updating the LPJS part of their site.

They reckon on updating it a fortnight after competition, but, from experience, I'd say it's often three weeks later, even if the results are posted elsewhere.

Try repeating your post in the 'tournaments' section of the forum and perhaps the results-fairy will look kindly upon you (hopefully before Eton, so my girl will have a better picture of who she's up against!)

pinkelephant
-10th March 2005, 08:40
From the way the competition was run on the Saturday (Engarde on a laptop in the back room but run on scraps - and I mean scraps - of paper), I'd suggest the tardiness is down to the organisers rather than LP.

kingbob
-10th March 2005, 10:39
lol. sounds like a bit of fun to me.:tongue:

27ab1c
-10th March 2005, 18:39
I'd suggest the tardiness is down to the organisers rather than LP.

Couldn't comment; wasn't there. But I may amend my opinion in the wake of the forthcoming Eton event.
However, Did I mention that Leon Paul make good kit?

Twohat
-10th March 2005, 19:11
Have to say that the organisers ran a good comp, but they dont seem to have fully embraced the world of IT yet - they will find life easier when they do, and we will get the results up quicker!

And Leon Paul do indeed make some good kit . . .

D'Artignan
-10th March 2005, 20:26
You two trying to wangle some free kit, by any chance?;) :tongue: :grin: :moon:

Twohat
-10th March 2005, 20:40
Cough!

No, not at all - just pointing out that I've bought so much of it recently that I feel qualified to say what excellent stuff it is, and what good value for money . . .

D'Artignan
-10th March 2005, 20:58
...and how you would appreciate it if Barry would kindly donate some of his stock to your cause......;) :tongue:

bafco
-10th March 2005, 21:18
Originally posted by Twohat
Have to say that the organisers ran a good comp, but they dont seem to have fully embraced the world of IT yet - they will find life easier when they do, and we will get the results up quicker!

And Leon Paul do indeed make some good kit . . .

Surprising that it wasn't run as pools throughout then, just like it was in the old days.

27ab1c
-11th March 2005, 16:25
..and how you would appreciate it if Barry would kindly donate some of his stock to your cause..

Very much so.

But my second thought - albeit after a considerable delay - would be spend some of it getting the results updated quicker.