PDA

View Full Version : Blues and colours

wannabe_foilist
-27th March 2005, 22:36
Dundee is about to have a review of the regulations required for Blues and Colours to make them better reflect the standard of other Unis. Could people could send me the requirements for their Unis please?

fitch
-27th March 2005, 23:56
we have:

half blue: last 8 at scottish unis, or last 16 at BUSA

blue: last 2 at scottish unis, or last 4 at busa

plus fence in 3/4 of team matches, be generally good etc. Other places have all sorts of criteria with open results etc but we have a general "have supporting results" thing rather than set criteria.

D'Artignan
-28th March 2005, 09:26
Can I get one in retrospect from your place then Fitch?

And where was my nomination this year Richard?;)

randomsabreur
-28th March 2005, 13:21
Oxford is something like L8 at Busa, top 50 ranking or over about ?600 points in an open competition. For a full blue. Participation in Varsity match gives half blue

Easier for the women than for the men!

Birmingham was I think Full Blue for final at BUSA, can't really remember all too well as I did that in my first year!!!

jennigoodman
-28th March 2005, 14:57
At Brum, I think if you medal at BUSA or get international colours then it's a full Blue, Top 8 is half blue but I think it's fairly discretionary, down to the colours committee as my boyf got a triathlon Full Blue from Brum Uni when he was a student at Aston!:o:

Dave Hillier
-28th March 2005, 22:01
Southampton IIRC

Full Colours: medal at BUSAs or fence for your country (might be region I can't remember)

Half Colours: L16 at BUSAS or fence for your county.

You also needed to have done at least 75% of that team matches and have suporting results.

I think that if the team win the championship then they all get half colours as well.

pigeonmeister
-31st March 2005, 08:14
I didn't know we gave colours, but if we do I want at least half for getting a L8 in BUSA's and coming 2nd in championship! Actually now I'M captain I'm gonna re-introduce this noble honour!

Naimst
-31st March 2005, 10:24
Here at Durham we have three criteria, Achievement, service and loyalty and attitude. To get full colours you have to fulfill all the three and for a half, two of them.
For the acievement part you have to have an international cap or have won BUSA individuals, not the teams. For the service you need to have been on the exec twice, preferable holding fairly big exec positions. They only award a bout 10 fulls a year.

Crazy hard!!!

jennigoodman
-31st March 2005, 10:27
Pigeonmeister, I think you'll have to be quick as they do the colours at the AU ball. Ask the girl who replaced Toby for a nomination form as you havte to fill it in and get it signed by some people.

wannabe_foilist
-3rd April 2005, 20:21
Chears guys, should all be useful.
Just for the record, Dundee currently has a rough guide of current national squad for Full blue, Student reps and a L8 in a Scottish open (or English equivelent), and colour is a "consistant above avererge results", which I've taken to mean 2 scottish open L16s, and a L8 in Scottish Student Individuals. All have a wee bit of flexability to allow for other competitons such as BUSA teams and regional events.

purple
-7th April 2005, 09:48
Originally posted by Naimst
Here at Durham we have three criteria, Achievement, service and loyalty and attitude. To get full colours you have to fulfill all the three and for a half, two of them.
For the acievement part you have to have an international cap or have won BUSA individuals, not the teams. For the service you need to have been on the exec twice, preferable holding fairly big exec positions. They only award a bout 10 fulls a year.

Crazy hard!!!

/me polishes his half-Palatinate

*g*