PDA

View Full Version : Adidas Adistar Hi-Top Fencing Boots for sale

oiuyt
-19th June 2003, 00:19
As the subject implies I have a few pairs of Adidas Adistar Hi-Top Fencing Boots for sale. UK sizes (men's sizes) 9, 12, 12.5, and 13. All of the shoes are brand new, still in box. I'm asking 65/pair which includes shipping from the US to the UK. Payment by PayPal is undoubtedly easiest.

These are the same shoes that are sold by Merlin for 105.

extra gripping rubber outsole grip on floors
extendend heel parts that provide fencing-specific cushioning
high-cut uppers for ankle support
removable support element on lateral and medial ankle side
high abrasion-resistant materials around the forefoot for long lasting function
extremely breathable mesh for optimum foot climate

If you're interested or want additional details PM me to work out payment and shipping arrangements.

-B :)

hokers
-19th June 2003, 09:24
You might get some more interest if you offer a reduction for combining orders, saving on the shipping?

Its also likely that shipping these to the UK, we would have to pay combined VAT+ import duty, as customs tend to apply this to anything new worth over 18.

hokers

Boo Boo
-19th June 2003, 09:35
Oh, if you only had a UK size 6 in the Adistar Hi....

I think 65 is a bargain (especially if it includes shipping).

Boo
(suffering from the new Adidas Equipment Hi Boots...)

kingkenny
-19th June 2003, 09:51
Second hand not first hand!!!!!!!!!
Sorry this is not a sales site. I will delete this later unless they are second hand shoes.

oiuyt
-19th June 2003, 16:37
I'm not a vendor, I don't make a living off of selling fencing equipment. These are a few random pairs of shoes that I happened to pick up at a good price. It seems hard to believe that this is in fitting with the intent of this section of the forum. Until your post it didn't even occur to me to question whether I was skirting the line of the rules of the site.

These are unused, second-hand (or more, I got them from a company that resells overstocks and leftover inventory, hence the good price) shoes. They haven't ever been worn but they aren't firsthand.

Hokers- I would have no problem with combining orders to reduce the shipping. I'd have to figure out what the shipping cost is for the number of shoes ordered, but would have no problem passing along the entire savings.

I know almost nothing about customs and import tax, what little I do know is form US practice. As mentioned above, I'm NOT a vendor, I don't do this for a living. Looking around at UK taxation websites (http://www.taxationweb.co.uk) it looks like there is an individual VAT threshold of 56,000. There is no way I'm going to come CLOSE to that, so I shouldnt need to register for or collect VAT.

Again, if anyone is interested, feel free to PM me. KK- If you want to discuss this with me further feel free to PM or email me.

clockity
-19th June 2003, 23:32
oiuyt,

You might not need to register to collect VAT, but Her Majesty's Customs and Excise will quite happily slap on Customs Duty, Excise Duty and VAT on to the shoes. Not to mention Royal Mail's gracious Clearance Administration Fee for pre-paying the fees to HM Customs & Excise on your behalf!

Duty on Footwear is 17% of Total. (Not sure if this percentage covers both Custom Duty and Excise Duty)
VAT on Footwear is 17.5%
Royal Mail's Clearance Administration Charge ~ 3.95

Not including Royal Mail's Clearance Administration Fee the price we would pay could be at least 91.38 (still a bit cheaper than Merlin)

65 + (65 * 0.17) + (65 * 0.175) + 3.95 = 91.38 :eekk2:

This all assumes that the customs form describing the goods is filled in correctly. If marked as secondhand clothes they should be exempt. Although if they open the package and find unused shoes they will probably charge us a penalty fee as well! Not to mention them classifying it as smuggling goods or fraud...

From http://www.hmce.gov.uk/forms/notices/143.htm

3.2 Do I have to pay duty or VAT on goods sent to me from outside the EC?
Most goods arriving in the UK from outside the EC are liable to any or all of these charges:

Customs Duty;
Excise Duty; and
VAT.
These must be paid whether:

you purchase the goods or receive them as a gift;
the goods are new or used; or
the goods are for your private use or for sale.
3.3 Can I get relief from duty or VAT on any goods?
Yes. EC agreements allow relief from charges on certain imported goods if they:

have an intrinsic value of 18 or less although this particular relief does not include alcohol, tobacco products, perfume or toilet waters which are covered in paragraph 3.4. The intrinsic value is the actual value of the goods excluding postage, packing and other miscellaneous costs;
are gifts worth 36 or less which comply with the rules shown in paragraph 3.5; or
are entitled to any other relief, as explained in paragraph 3.7.

This is of course only a worst case scenario. Due to the astronomical numbers of parcels coming into this country a fair percentage of goods will not be checked... But then again...

Disclaimer: I am not an expert in the workings of HM Customs, but I have been stung with hefty charges before on CDs and DVDs and have therefore looked into this in some detail. :(

clockity
-20th June 2003, 05:59
Forgot to say. VAT and Duty will only be charged on goods from outside the EU. Seeing as the US is outside, charges are likely...

Gav
-20th June 2003, 06:16
I've had stuff sent over from the states before that should attract VAT. So long as the packaging isn't suspect then they shouldn't open it. Also never order in bulk - I know one guy who ordered something like 30 DVD's from Hong Kong and HM C + E opened it and slapped on a huge penalty.

Gav
-20th June 2003, 06:21
"Ninjas aren't dangerous. They're more afraid of you than you are of them..." - The Tick

Oh wow The Tick! "Nigh Invincible"

I loved those cartoon series and comics. "Beware the Man Eating Cow" and other nonsense. The cartoon series was funny but the comics were a lot darker.

There was a live action series made but it got cancelled after one series. I never got to see it.

Clockity - nice one!

clockity
-20th June 2003, 09:54
Originally posted by Gav
I've had stuff sent over from the states before that should attract VAT. So long as the packaging isn't suspect then they shouldn't open it. Also never order in bulk - I know one guy who ordered something like 30 DVD's from Hong Kong and HM C + E opened it and slapped on a huge penalty.
If ordered from a normal e-retailer (i.e. Amazon and the big boys) HM Customs & Excise usually making a running dash at the box to see how much money they can make off of it!

Personally packaged goods shouldn't receive too much trouble if the packakge is discreet and small enough not to look suspicious. Some of the Canadian and Hong Kong based companies now send in bulk their items to be posted from an EU country (Sweden and the Netherlands are often used) to avoid any duty. The VAT would be assumed to have been charged already at the EU country's rate.

Originally posted by Gav
Oh wow The Tick! "Nigh Invincible"

I loved those cartoon series and comics. "Beware the Man Eating Cow" and other nonsense. The cartoon series was funny but the comics were a lot darker.
Don't forget Paul the Samuarai as well. All good clean fun. The Tick, Ren & Stimpy, and Duckman were the cartoons I loved at university... :tongue:

hokers
-20th June 2003, 13:28
Any of you guys interested in a co-buy of these to save on shipping?

hokers

Gav
-20th June 2003, 13:43
remember to PM hokers guys!

No personal stuff should be publicly posted - common sense really.

oiuyt
-15th July 2003, 17:40
In a few more days I'm going to be going on vacation for a couple of weeks and just wanted to revive this thread to see if there was interest before I disappear for a while.

Hokers? Anyone else?

clockity
-15th July 2003, 21:37
Is it only UK sizes 9, 12, 12.5, and 13? If so I'll have to pass, otherwise I'll be tripping over them! :rolling: I love the Adidas boots though, I currently fence in size 8s.