PDA

View Full Version : Warwick LPJS Epee

Tubby
-3rd April 2005, 09:43
Does anyone know where the Warwick Epee entry form can be found?

PM1
-3rd April 2005, 13:15
Don't think it's up anywhere yet, tho it has been out at some comps, and guess what - I think I have a copy. pm me if you want the info - but I THINK it will be up on the LP web site, soon if not now (not looked). Arnold is soonest, anyway.:)

So far as I can remember, it's the day before the Yorkshire Youth League at Hull - ie Saturday april 23rd. Could be wrong - not looked.

Tubby
-3rd April 2005, 13:34
Good point, I'll look to collect one at Arnold. As for it being the day before the Hull YYL (Hull being the same day as the TA), that's correct. So no TA for the girl on the Sunday.

Northern Driver
-3rd April 2005, 17:44
Try www.warwickfencing.org.uk

PM1
-3rd April 2005, 18:08
Originally posted by Tubby
So no TA for the girl on the Sunday.

No TA epee arranged for that day this year anyway....after Durham. Putting up a thread soon.:grin: People can pm me anyway about it.....:confused:

Tubby
-3rd April 2005, 19:04
Whoops!

I confused it with TA, probably because it looks and smells like TA :grin:

http://www.one4all.plus.com/ep05c~training.htm

Tubby
-3rd April 2005, 19:10
Originally posted by PM1
...after Durham. .. is the British U10 Foil in Bristol. Deja vue (2004 - Harrogate to Durham to Bristol to Harrogate)

Tubby
-3rd April 2005, 19:12
Originally posted by Northern Driver
Try www.warwickfencing.org.uk Thank you very much!:cheers2:

PM1
-3rd April 2005, 22:00
.. Deja vue (2004 - Harrogate to Durham to Bristol to Harrogate) ..careful...your itinery is beginning to sound like mine...actually, I should be travelling LESS with the boy now, as he's a junior AND got a YP train card - hooray !!

PM1
-3rd April 2005, 22:03
Whoops!

I confused it with TA, probably because it looks and smells like TA :grin:

http://www.one4all.plus.com/ep05c~training.htm

Yers.....it was GOING to be TA in my head, but Nick put his plans in palce before I;d confirmed the same situation as last year....never mind....possibly one in the Midlands late June. Pity Caitlin will miss Durham training tho':(

MiniMelia
-10th April 2005, 22:25
Whose going to the Warwick this year then? Anyone from the forum? Just wondering about numbers, because not a huge amount of the cadets came to the Arnold.

MiniMelia.

PM1
-10th April 2005, 22:54
tell us who won what then.....

Tubby
-10th April 2005, 23:54
MiniM won U15 coming back from 14-10 down to White. Caitlin U13. Lad from West Fife won U13

PM1
-11th April 2005, 00:07
well done Caitlin - and see, mini - big brother is right !!:) well done - there's hope for you yet......:rolleyes:

mind you - 2 foilist in the u15 final....:(

Tubby
-11th April 2005, 11:24
Originally posted by PM1
mind you - 2 foilist in the u15 final....:( 4 of MiniMelia's come back hits were proper epee hits as well i.e. attack short to foot to draw counter attack to head/shoulder then hit outside or underneath arm.

pinkelephant
-11th April 2005, 14:05
That well known epeeist Thomas Mottershead came 2nd in the U17.

MiniMelia
-11th April 2005, 18:13
Cheers PM1 but THIS foilist knocked out a epeeist in the semi's so (rasbery's at PM1) hehe, were you there Tubby? (Sorry don't know who you are :o: )

They didn't fell like epee hits? I thought i was taking the pi**?

Ah well. It was a good comp, and a good fight from Ben! Little bugar :mad:

See all you epeeists at the Warwick :moon:

Tom Mottershead did well didn't he Pinkey! I think it was because he is left handed :grin: Strange 'epee' style but I can't really talk about good epee styles :confused:

MiniMelia.

Tubby
-11th April 2005, 20:01
Yup, I was there.

Re Foilists - the Girls U13 final was also an all foilist affair.

MiniMelia
-11th April 2005, 21:38
Ok very cool, just found out who you are :eek: off MummyMelia.

Caitlin is a good foilist, I just hope she doesn't get corrupt to early with all this epee, thats how I am how I am :dizzy:

Lol, Caitlin did very well, congrats to her. See you at the Warwick Tubby?

MiniMelia.

pinkelephant
-11th April 2005, 22:51
Originally posted by MiniMelia

Caitlin is a good foilist, I just hope she doesn't get corrupt to early with all this epee, thats how I am how I am :dizzy:

MiniMelia.

Don't let your mum see you writing about corruption of minors!

Australian
-12th April 2005, 06:44
Originally posted by pinkelephant
Don't let your mum see you writing about corruption of minors!

yeah... not like thats happened before eh rhysy? ;)

MiniMelia
-12th April 2005, 14:49
Just trying to save the girl before she is roped into the 'Dark Path' at such a tender age lol. I know I was only just saved :upset:

I don't talk about corrupting children? What you on about Oz?

MiniMelia.

Louis CB
-13th April 2005, 13:03
Blackpool was pretty much the first time I came up against foilist/epeeists - a very interesting learning experience.

Hopefully Warwick will be a bigger competition - will see some of you there.

-Louis.

Troll
-13th April 2005, 17:21
i went to Arnorld aswel but didnt to very well. i going to Warick too. i may even go to the epee camp for once
:rolleyes:

PM1
-13th April 2005, 17:47
OK Troll - so you're not doing the Yorkshire schools on the Sunday if you go to the epee camp (not that I'd normally suggests that anyone miss training, you understand, but you appear to be a Yorkie :mad: )

Saxomophone
-14th April 2005, 17:12
i came 11th at arnold i spose it aint too bad. but i cant go to warrick either as its too far

Moppet
-15th April 2005, 09:42
Twohat sent in entry form now, so I will definately be going to this one. If I can get all my work done first.

Looking forward to meeting Meneldil and MiniMelia. :)

Australian
-15th April 2005, 10:28
Originally posted by Moppet
Looking forward to meeting Meneldil and MiniMelia. :)

oh no, minimelia is not one you look forward to meeting :tongue:

Moppet
-15th April 2005, 13:29
:eek: oh dear. :dizzy:

Caza
-15th April 2005, 15:45
Epee is soo easy at my U13 level. I must of scored nearly all my hits with a feint high and finish to foot at arnold. MM is the man at that lol.....with his right handed pommel!

Arnold was good fun but I don't have an entry form yet for the warwick. But they are a good laugh so I might aswell go. I think it is the only way i can get any epee cadet points. Even though it wont affect my foil ranking at all.

I also agree that MM is one that you dont look forward to meeting.

Caza;)

MiniMelia
-15th April 2005, 16:00
Cheers Caz, hehe epee is fun tho he has a point.

Ah forget you Aus! And you Caz! Grrr. Lol.

Meneldil is a nice guy though. He's a nice guy to meet, well he was alright with me anyway.

Seeya soon guys.

MiniMelia.

Tubby
-15th April 2005, 16:03
Originally posted by Caza
Epee is soo easy at my U13 level. Fighting talk!

www.warwickfencing.org.uk for the entry form.

MiniMelia
-15th April 2005, 16:08
Strangley enough in the U13 i never ever won one, I came 2nd three times :tongue:

Meneldil
-15th April 2005, 17:32
Meneldil is a nice guy though. He's a nice guy to meet, well he was alright with me anyway.
w00t! Someone likes me! Hurrah for being-liked! ;) :grin:
It was nice meeting/talking to you too (I've met you before on occasion, but we never talked much).

Looking forward to meeting Meneldil and MiniMelia.
Looking forward to meeting you too. :) We should organise a more sure-fire way of meeting... any ideas? ;)

Caza
-15th April 2005, 21:48
I didn't say i didn't like you Meneldil. lol. It's just i dont no who half of u r?

Caz

MiniMelia
-19th April 2005, 20:24
I'll try and introduce you to all the guys I know who are going :grin:

Seeya then.

MiniMelia.

Twohat
-19th April 2005, 21:04
I'll try and introduce you to all the guys I know who are going

Will we recognise you from your avatar?

D'Artignan
-19th April 2005, 21:06
Nope, thats a photo of my ex.:upset:

MiniMelia
-20th April 2005, 12:18
Lol, my avatar doesn't look like me! grrrr lol.

I'll most probably turn up in a green bomber jacket and jeans, but when I'm fencing I'm quite easy to spot, I wear my brothers old jacket so it has 'MELIA GBR' on the back.

So come up and say hi if I don't already know you.

MiniMelia.

T.Turtle
-20th April 2005, 14:28
Lol, my avatar doesn't look like me! grrrr lol.

No you have more hair and less ear. Otherwise I'd say it is a pretty good likeness. :)

MiniMelia
-20th April 2005, 14:45
Yeah thanks alot T. :mad:

PM1
-20th April 2005, 18:54
Actually, MM, I think the lop sided grin on the avataar is you to a T :grin:

MiniMelia
-20th April 2005, 20:56
*SOB* *SOB* stop *SOB* ganging up on *SOB* me! :upset:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Lol. Can you imagine if someone did actually look like that? haha poor them.

MiniMelia.

Louis CB
-21st April 2005, 16:06
Is anyone going to the camp the day afterwards? I anticipate plenty of exhausted fencers hanging around not doing much...;)

Louis CB
-22nd April 2005, 11:58
Well, only got ten minutes or so until I leave for the comp, soooo...

Good Luck everyone! Hope to meet some more forumites there. Hopefully I'll even meet some of you on the piste......pumpkin

-He with the spiky hair.

MiniMelia
-22nd April 2005, 15:24
Safe trip! Seeya there Louis.

MiniMelia.

Meneldil
-23rd April 2005, 18:34
Just got back. Great fun day, but I kinda wish they hadn't bothered with the DEs and just had the final rankings as how you finished after the pools. ;)

Nice meeting Moppet and TwoHat and Lynne, and seeing Louis, MiniMelia and KJK.
*hopes he hasn't forgotten anyone*

Aidyboy
-23rd April 2005, 18:52
where'd you come then meneldil?

Meneldil
-23rd April 2005, 19:01
I was seeded first... but lost to the number 17 seed (after he'd beaten the 16th seed). On the otherhand, the way I was fencing in that fight, he deserved to win.

Aidyboy
-23rd April 2005, 19:06
oh yeh, well done for the poule especially. shame about the other fight, when did you go out?

Meneldil
-23rd April 2005, 19:07
Cheers - last 16, so I'll be bumped up to 9th.

Aidyboy
-23rd April 2005, 19:17
oh yeh, very good. So you can do the internationals then? very well done!:) Gutted couldn't do warwick, was a bit tricky to get up there at short notice. Almost definitely making my 'cadet debut' at the new mens épée so I guess I'll see you there meneldil. So how'd everybody else do at warwick?

Meneldil
-23rd April 2005, 19:21
I'm not doing the internationals yet. ;) I'm aiming to make the top 16 (and so make the internationals) sometime this season, so we'll see. :)

We'll have to arrange a way to meet at the new men's epee.

Aidyboy
-23rd April 2005, 19:44
ah sorry I thought you meant you're ranking had been bumped up to 9th, but on a second reading I see you meant overall postion. I have an idea about meeting up at the new men's épée, I'll be the one seeded last after poules! Are you coming to the Isle of Wight on 15th May meneldil?

Meneldil
-23rd April 2005, 19:58
I don't think I will be coming to the Isle of Wight... but that's by no means decided as yet.

Aidyboy
-23rd April 2005, 20:19
ok, I will pm you with some more of my personal details nearer the new mens épée, try and meet you there some time. Should be good to cross swords with other forumites!

Moppet
-23rd April 2005, 20:39
Nice meeting Moppet and TwoHat and Lynne, and seeing Louis, MiniMelia and KJK.

Yup, nice to meet you too, Meneldil, and Minimelia as well.

What a day! Absolutely fantastic!!!:grin: :)

Meneldil
-23rd April 2005, 21:36
What a day! Absolutely fantastic!!!:grin: :)
Did somebody win? ;)

Moppet
-23rd April 2005, 22:07
:rolleyes: Yeah... But it may have been a good day anyway. :grin: :)

Twohat
-23rd April 2005, 22:12
Did somebody win?

Moppet is too modest to say . . .

Nice to meet everybody, particularly meneldil and MiniMelia

Very good comp - well run - well supported - and congrats to whoever arranged the computer screens wirelessly connected to the live results - a very impressive use of available technology.

Meneldil
-23rd April 2005, 22:16
Originally posted by Twohat
Very good comp - well run - well supported - and congrats to whoever arranged the computer screens wirelessly connected to the live results - a very impressive use of available technology.
I've got to agree - it was a model competition in how it was set up and run. My only quarrel is that I felt some of the waits between poules and DEs, and between DEs was a bit long - a lot of the time there were plenty of free pistes, and people knew who they were fencing, there was just no-one getting us to fence. I'm sure we'd have been quite happy to referee ourselves to help speed up the competition...

MiniMelia
-23rd April 2005, 22:29
Hehe, foiled again! Well not quite :tongue: I came second to a good fight from Ben White. He beat me this time though :dizzy:

Good fight though. I also thought the new, fansy pants screens were pretty good, however I will have to disagree with you Meneldil I thought the competition was going a little bit too quickly, I had LOTS! and I mean lots of faults and not enough time to sort them out, and whenever I tried to have a warm-up fight I was kicked off the piste so they could start another round of something or another.

Good comp though, and good fun. Good to meet our champion :grin: Moppet, and Twohat, saw Meneldil and Louis (again! twice today :mad: )

Anyone doing the training day tomorow???

If you are going seeya then :grin:

MiniMelia.

Australian
-24th April 2005, 00:25
:rolleyes: Yeah... But it may have been a good day anyway. :grin: :)

sheesh... what must the others have been like... ;) :tongue:

nice one sar :)

Moppet
-24th April 2005, 11:07
Oh, cheers Dave. :(

:) :grin:

Louis CB
-24th April 2005, 21:22
Alright, just got back from the training day...

I think I can say, without a shadow of a blimmin' doubt, that I am totally and utterly exhausted.

Nice to see Conrad again - you would have enjoyed the training camp, hope you can make the next one - and nice to see Rhys again, although I didn't do him the honour of giving him a good fight. My two DE fights were shameful - no other way to put it, especially when you come from Haverstock.:(

I *think* I saw Moppet at a distance - I think I recognized her name on her back from what Conrad told me. Next time I'll come up and say hi, if you don't mind being greeted by somebody who looks vaguely like a hedgehog.;)

Well done to everyone - I'm off to relearn epee.

-Louis.

Moppet
-25th April 2005, 00:58
I *think* I saw Moppet at a distance - I think I recognized her name on her back from what Conrad told me. Next time I'll come up and say hi, if you don't mind being greeted by somebody who looks vaguely like a hedgehog.

Nope, don't mind at all. Nice to meet people from the forum so I can put names to faces. :)

pinkelephant
-25th April 2005, 11:58
Results now on BFA website.

Louis CB
-25th April 2005, 14:48
Bah - 15th. Rubbish.

Well done again to everyone who got a good result.

Twohat
-25th April 2005, 17:03
Nice to see the results up so quickly.

Once again a big thankyou to Nick and the Thorntons and everyone else who helped organise such a good event.

Louis CB
-25th April 2005, 17:35
Yep, and thanks and well done for the training camp the following day - my first time in one of Nick's classes, and it was great! Got to meet some interesting people there, and managed to have my butt whipped (literally) by a girl with dom tendencies...:confused:

Troll
-25th April 2005, 18:32
unfortunetly i couldnt because of this competition in Yorkshire

MiniMelia
-25th April 2005, 20:28
The training day was pretty good on the sunday, it would've have been REALLY good rather than pretty good if the other half of the people meant to come came......

We had 15 out of 30 people there which was a shame but it was good all the less. Not so much fencing, more tactics, routines and footwork than anything.

The competition itself was good too, excpet for some blonde little bugar winning it! :tongue: btw it wasn't me :grin:

Well done to all, and Louis, is there by any chance some competition where you think we might NOT meet, I mean geeez, I've only been to 2 epee comps and I must have fenced you about 5 times lol.

Seey'all at the Wrexham maybe???

MiniMelia.

MiniMelia
The training day was pretty good on the sunday, it would've have been REALLY good rather than pretty good if the other half of the people meant to come came......

We had 15 out of 30 people there which was a shame but it was good all the less. Not so much fencing, more tactics, routines and footwork than anything.

The competition itself was good too, excpet for some blonde little bugar winning it! :tongue: btw it wasn't me :grin:

Well done to all, and Louis, is there by any chance some competition where you think we might NOT meet, I mean geeez, I've only been to 2 epee comps and I must have fenced you about 5 times lol.

MiniMelia.

MiniMelia

MiniMelia.

PM1
-25th April 2005, 20:30
OMG = overdose of minimelia......:(

MiniMelia
-25th April 2005, 20:31
The training day was pretty good, however, it would have been REALLY good rather than pretty good if the other half of the people meant to come had turned up......

We had 15 out of 30 people meant to turn up, but depsite numbers it was good. Not so much fencing, we did more tacitcs, routines and footwork than anything.

The competition itself was good too excpet for some little blonde bugar winning it! :tongue: BTW it wasn't me :grin:

BTW, Louis is there by any chance we could go to a competition where we DON'T meet? Lol. I mean geeez I've only been to 2 epee comps and I must have fenced you about 5 times! :grin:

Seey'all at the Wrexham maybe?

MiniMelia.

Louis CB
-25th April 2005, 20:32
You think that's bad, Rhys, you should talk to Tom Parkin - save for Warwick, I have fenced him at least twice every competition I've ever been to.

That's a lot.:eek:

But yeah, the training day was fun...

MiniMelia
-25th April 2005, 20:38
Ouch bet thats a real boring fight these days now you guys have fenced each other so much :tongue:

Gotta carry on training now though :o:

Seeya around.

MiniMelia.

pinkelephant
-25th April 2005, 22:54
Minimelia was looking remarkably like his avatar when stood on the podium.

PM1
-25th April 2005, 22:59
what did i say earlier ????:tongue:

tris586
-26th April 2005, 14:41
Rhys i would be very disappointed if you became an epeeist. You know that foil is the real weapon. Remember epee is just for fun. No come back and play foil with everyone. Oh. And well done!!

T

MiniMelia
-26th April 2005, 15:16
Yeah I will remember that just for you Tris :grin:

Don't get too worried I don't plan on becoming one, but for some reason epeeists always gang up on me so I might not have that much choice :tongue:

MiniMelia.

MiniMelia
-26th April 2005, 15:17
See what I mean! I've got PM1 AND Pinkey on me! GRRRRR. That podiem was awefully high :tongue: ...still don't know how Ben white got up there.....

MiniMelia.

Troll
-26th April 2005, 16:03
The training day was pretty good, however, it would have been REALLY good rather than pretty good if the other half of the people meant to come had turned up......

We had 15 out of 30 people meant to turn up, but depsite numbers it was good. Not so much fencing, we did more tacitcs, routines and footwork than anything.

The competition itself was good too excpet for some little blonde bugar winning it! :tongue: BTW it wasn't me :grin:

BTW, Louis is there by any chance we could go to a competition where we DON'T meet? Lol. I mean geeez I've only been to 2 epee comps and I must have fenced you about 5 times! :grin:

Seey'all at the Wrexham maybe?

MiniMelia. PLEASE WILL YOU STOP WRITING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (a bit late tho) lol

MiniMelia
-26th April 2005, 17:31
Stop writing what?

MiniMelia
-26th April 2005, 17:33
EEEEEEEK didn't realize sorry guys! Didin't know how that happened! Bloody technology.

Sorry! Would say it won't happen again but I don't know how it happened in the first place so I dunno how I would stop it next time....

Sorry! MiniMelia.

Troll
-26th April 2005, 18:28
u better not do it again:mad: joke:tongue: :grin:

MiniMelia
-26th April 2005, 19:53
Hehe I know I wouldn't want to be beaten up by a Troll! :grin:

Twohat
-26th April 2005, 21:52
I think it can repeat your post if you press Back on your browser - and it doesn't take you back anyway, so you press it again (and in your case, possibly again and again!)

D'Artignan
-26th April 2005, 22:31
Originally posted by Twohat
I think it can repeat your post if you press Back on your browser - and it doesn't take you back anyway, so you press it again (and in your case, possibly again and again!) Or if it takes ages for the post to register and you lose patience, keep pressing, the submit reply button, when the post registered, all the other times you hit the submit button seem to post as well.

Moppet
-26th April 2005, 22:44
Or do both? Get super duper multiple posts then! :)

MiniMelia
-26th April 2005, 23:47
Lol sorry guys, it probably was a result of my impatience or something silly like that, try not to let it happen again Troll :upset:

MiniMelia.

pinkelephant
-27th April 2005, 08:14
See what I mean! I've got PM1 AND Pinkey on me! GRRRRR. That podiem was awefully high :tongue: ...still don't know how Ben white got up there.....

MiniMelia.

In one bound, I seem to remember. He still had energy - can't have been working hard enough!

pinkelephant
-27th April 2005, 08:15
Originally posted by tris586
Rhys i would be very disappointed if you became an epeeist. You know that foil is the real weapon. Remember epee is just for fun. No come back and play foil with everyone. Oh. And well done!!

T

I've seen you playing with epeeists, Tris!

Australian
-27th April 2005, 12:57
Originally posted by pinkelephant
I've seen you playing with epeeists, Tris!

now now...

Troll
-28th April 2005, 13:26
Lol sorry guys, it probably was a result of my impatience or something silly like that, try not to let it happen again Troll :upset:

MiniMelia. Its Ok no need to worry