PDA

View Full Version : LPJS Arnold Epee - Anyone going?

fnork
-4th April 2005, 13:47
Should I be looking out for any of you? :)

Meneldil
-4th April 2005, 13:59
I'll be there, but I still need to get a fencing forum sticker... I wonder if the Leon Paul stand there will have any...

pinkelephant
-4th April 2005, 17:31
Originally posted by fnork
Should I be looking out for any of you? :)

Only if you actually enter!

fnork
-4th April 2005, 20:41
Originally posted by pinkelephant
Only if you actually enter!

I *did* enter... anyway you said it would be fine for me to bring the thing on Monday :tongue: I vividly recall that conversation.

boggles
-4th April 2005, 20:52
Originally posted by Meneldil
I'll be there, but I still need to get a fencing forum sticker... I wonder if the Leon Paul stand there will have any...

I think Moppet might have some left that you could use

Meneldil
-4th April 2005, 20:56
Originally posted by boggles
I think Moppet might have some left that you could use
*is yet to meet Moppet*

Moppet
-4th April 2005, 21:25
yup yup. I have some you can have.

And will be there.

Have to introduce urself, Meneldil.

Moppet
-4th April 2005, 21:26
Ask fnork who i am. She can tell you. Assuming you know fnork?

D'Artignan
-4th April 2005, 21:29
*is yet to meet Moppet* Just wave some skittles/chocolate around and she'll probably present herself quite quickly.

Moppet
-4th April 2005, 21:30
oi! D'art!

Actually, he's probably right. :rolleyes: :confused:

fnork
-4th April 2005, 21:30
Originally posted by Moppet
Ask fnork who i am. She can tell you. Assuming you know fnork?

Hehe, no one knows me. Seriously. Must work on that!

Moppet
-4th April 2005, 21:31
hmmm. I might be able to help you at a larger comeptition. I know a few people now.

fnork
-4th April 2005, 21:34
I've just about got to grips with the NW people, I can do names to faces for quite a lot, just need to get around to talking to more people I guess *shrugs*

D'Artignan
-4th April 2005, 21:38
A cloak of anonimity can be a good thing at times, especially those ones where you are fencing like a nugget.

Moppet
-4th April 2005, 21:40
yeah, but usually the people from the forum support you, if they know you are also a forumite. :)

fnork
-4th April 2005, 21:40
That would be... yeah all of the time. I think people probably vaguely recognise me but don't know who I am or what I'm doing here.

Moppet
-4th April 2005, 21:44
awh, that's harsh. I bet if they knew for certain it was you, they'd support you.:)

Meneldil
-4th April 2005, 21:45
Will you be the Arnold, Moppet?
I only know a few forumites - mainly those who go to the same clubs as me, and Tarmac. ;)

fnork
-4th April 2005, 21:46
Assuming I can rely on you at least for that then :tongue: I g2g bedtime!

Moppet
-4th April 2005, 21:50
Yeah, i'll be there. will probably stick a sheet of forum stickers over my bag. That way ppl from the forum will know its me.

And if you know tarmac, why didn't you get some off him? That's where i got mine from.:)

boggles
-4th April 2005, 21:54
yeah, but usually the people from the forum support you, if they know you are also a forumite. :)

Certainly happened with you at Glasgow from my own recollections and Neo's short video postings. :party:

Moppet
-4th April 2005, 21:56
hmmm. Well to be honest, if they were watching my DE, i don't know whether they were supporting me, or watching me muck it up! Or not watching, as the videos show.:dizzy:

Meneldil
-4th April 2005, 21:57
Yeah, i'll be there. will probably stick a sheet of forum stickers over my bag. That way ppl from the forum will know its me.

And if you know tarmac, why didn't you get some off him? That's where i got mine from.:)
Cool, I'll look out for you... Um, if you hear anyone being addressed with a strange, polish/german-sounding first name, that'll be me.
I met Tarmac at the Slough - before the stickers were made. :)

Moppet
-4th April 2005, 21:59
ah. Okay. See you there then! :)

boggles
-4th April 2005, 22:01
hmmm. Well to be honest, if they were watching my DE, i don't know whether they were supporting me, or watching me muck it up! Or not watching, as the videos show.:dizzy:

They could well have been discussing important tactics to distract your opponent by making you fence with a fully working knitted epee and then flopping it onto her wrist. :transport

pinkelephant
-7th April 2005, 16:29
Originally posted by fnork
Hehe, no one knows me. Seriously. Must work on that!

I thought you were known worldwide - well, at least as far as Australia!:tongue:

Total_Fencing
-7th April 2005, 21:10
I'm going.

ANyone got an idea how big the BE U15 will be?

Meneldil
-7th April 2005, 22:30
I'd expect it to be fairly large, what with it being cadet nominated and all - I'm coming up and I'm from down South so I'd expect it to be in the 30 - 40 region.. but this may be way out. ;)

Moppet
-10th April 2005, 18:15
Hmm. I couldn't find you, Meneldil :(

I did stick the stickers on the wall, but it was on the sand-blasted climbing wall and they fell off pretty quickly.

Meneldil
-10th April 2005, 21:49
Sorry, I didn't find you either Moppet. :( Not wearing my glasses the whole time couldn't have helped. ;)

I thought the competition was very well run and I highly enjoyed it (but that may be something to do with not doing too badly :grin: ), well done to Mike and the other organisers! :)

MiniMelia
-10th April 2005, 22:21
:grin: :grin: :grin: Hehe. Just got back from Arnold, carrying my gold medal and a satisifed grin. I annoiyed a fair few people don't ya think Menedil? Hehe. Beware I'm doing the Warwick too, hopefully see you there, if so.....don't beat me please!

:tongue: :tongue:

Champion of Blakcpool U15....Oh uh sorry *coughs* MiniMelia.

P.S. It was very well run with enough space too. The numbers weren't huge but were quite big in some age groups, well done to the Thorntons.

pigeonmeister
-11th April 2005, 09:04
nice one mate :grin:

Meneldil
-11th April 2005, 16:49
Well done Rhys! (I think that's how it's spelt, isn't it?) I wish I could have stayed to the end... How did you beat Paul Aldcroft - didn't he give you some troubles in the poules? :grin: And how close was the final with Ben?
*hopes fervently that he's still ahead of Rhys on the cadet rankings... ;) *

pinkelephant
-11th April 2005, 17:00
Results are on the LPJS website.

Exgeordielass
-11th April 2005, 17:06
Congratulations to the organiser's, was more than impressed to find the results already up. Well done, Meneldil on your result. :grin:

MiniMelia
-11th April 2005, 17:15
Cheers Menedil, I think you will still be ahead of me on the rankings lol. Paul did give me ALOT of troulbe in the poules but I just fenced like i do at foil (counter attacked:grin: ) hehe. 15-11 i think the final score, the final was VERY close, 15-14 in the end, after me being 14-10 down i kinda started messing about and it screwed him up so I won, but he was the better fencer up untill that point, he fenced well the whole day and throughout our fight, just didn't know what to do about a silly foilist on the end of any epee :rolleyes:

Well done to you though Menedil, nice result in the end, and well fought Ben!

Seeya at the Warwick in a couple of weeks?

MiniMelia.

Meneldil
-11th April 2005, 17:23
Bloody 'ell! Well done! Coming back from 14-0 down is no easy achievement... He should have known what to do about a foilist, what with him being one himself...
Thank you Exgeordielass and MiniM, it was a nice result, and a great fun day. :)
I should be at the Warwick, unless I break my leg or anything. ;)

MiniMelia
-11th April 2005, 17:58
Kool seeya there :)

BTW: Were you wearing your glasses when you read my post? Lol. I was only 14-10 donw, not 14-0 lol. Wudd been better if it had been 14-0 but i dn't really think I wud've come back from that :tongue:

Seeya soon mate, MiniMelia.

Meneldil
-11th April 2005, 18:12
Ack! Thought it seemed slightly too impressive, even for your. ;)
Nice seeing you, see you again in two weeks. :)

MiniMelia
-11th April 2005, 18:17
Lol. Yeah seeya in two weeks m8.

MiniMelia.

Australian
-11th April 2005, 22:40
Originally posted by MiniMelia
Lol. Yeah seeya in two weeks m8.

MiniMelia.

you got lucky melia.... its not gonna last :tongue:

MiniMelia
-12th April 2005, 14:52
I know, my aim was to pi** off as many epeeists as I could, I acheived my aim with flying colours so I'm satisfied :cool:

I'm going to try the same at the Warwick, but I've got what no epeeist has got; AN EXCUSE FOR LOSING! hehe.

'Haha you lost Rhys'
'I'm a foilist' :grin: Will never fail.

Hehe. Good luck at the Warwick Meneldil.

MiniMelia.

Meneldil
-12th April 2005, 15:41
*mutters something about damn foil-ey spoil-sports* :grin:
At least losing to you will let me use the really cheesey line of 'foiled again!' ;)

Good luck at the Warwick Meneldil.
Cheers, you too. :)

Louis CB
-13th April 2005, 13:00
Congratulations, Melia - enjoy it while it lasts.:cool:

I would have enjoyed Blackpool if I hadn't been fencing like a total muppet all day - and I probably should have been carded at the end for excessively bad language, so...:confused:

Here's to Warwick.

-Cox-Brusseau.

MiniMelia
-13th April 2005, 19:50
Lol I will! It probably won't last long! Lol.

You didn't swear THAT much :rolleyes: :tongue:

Seeya at the Warwick then Louis.

MiniMelia.

PM1
-13th April 2005, 21:14
Hey Rhys - an avatar that FITS !!!:grin: :grin:

MiniMelia
-13th April 2005, 21:35
*sighs* your soooooo immature! Lol. I was emailing Duellist trying to find out how much ti would cost to get that face painted on my old mask lol.

Cudda been funny.

MiniMelia.

P.S. I'll get you for that :mad:

PM1
-13th April 2005, 22:04
:tongue:
(aged lady cringes in fear at her computer. Soooo not)

Good job I lurve you.....

ps - check your spelling and grammer, dearheart...mwah.:kiss1:

and time you were :sleep: :sleep:

MiniMelia
-13th April 2005, 22:13
My spelling was pretty good in that one lol.

And yes now I am going :sleep:

G'night PM1. Seeya soon

Zzzz ....MiniMelia.... zzzZ

P.S. I have PM'ed you back. :)

Meneldil
-14th April 2005, 16:23
Originally posted by PM1
ps - check your spelling and grammer, dearheart...mwah.:kiss1:
*cough* Hypocrite! *cough*;)

Saxomophone
-14th April 2005, 17:16
hey meneldil r u the one who reffed most of ur second pool at arnold, just trying to find out who everyone is

Caza
-14th April 2005, 17:27
I won it.....ahhaaahhahahahaha.....even though there was only 1 good eppeist in the whole comp! Well the under 13s anyway
Caza

MiniMelia
-14th April 2005, 17:52
Hehe you epeeists should now hang your heads in shame, that's two foilists who beat you all :eek: :tongue:

Well done Caz. You gonna try your luck at the Warwick too? I am.

MiniMelia.

PM1
-14th April 2005, 22:52
*cough* Hypocrite! *cough*;)

you noticed !!!!!

Meneldil
-15th April 2005, 15:34
Originally posted by Saxomophone
hey meneldil r u the one who reffed most of ur second pool at arnold, just trying to find out who everyone is
Yeah, that's me. :)

PM1 - would expect anything else from me? :tongue:

Caza - congratulations, winning even the under 13s isn't something to be sniffed at. :)

Caza
-15th April 2005, 15:50
Awww shux. Thanks guys! (Sniff)

Caza:o:

MiniMelia
-15th April 2005, 16:02
Woa! SLow down Caz, u'll be needing a new mask soon with the rate your head is growing :tongue:

Seeya in 2 weeks mate. (If you can fit through the door with that head that is :tongue: )

MiniMelia.

Caza
-15th April 2005, 16:21
lol

MiniMelia
-15th April 2005, 16:28
Hehe only joking mate. You should be proud! Your a good fencer dude.

Anyway, I'll seeya in a couple of weeks mate.

MiniMelia.