PDA

View Full Version : Photos from Linz...

Boo Boo
-5th April 2005, 01:12
Professional/official ones - http://www.printroom.com/ghome.asp?domain_name=fencingphotos&group_id=25

Mainly finalists - some good ones of Alex O'connell - http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery.asp?userid=fencingphotos&gallery_id=157589

Boo

hokers
-5th April 2005, 10:09
Good pictures there, but a bit small, guess that makes sense if they're hoping to sell them. It's much more obvious from the pictures of the final that Alex has totally outclassed his opponent. See all the pictures of the guy falling short, overlunging, even crossing feet! It's surprising how easy it is to read what's happened in the hit from the body language :)

Jan O'C
-5th April 2005, 18:50
Boo Boo, how mean are you? Fancy drawing people's attention to photos that show what a state I was after the final - the pictures of Alex are great - they are from the same set that we bought but sadly he will now be embarrassed for ever by the fact that everyone can see what a wreck his parents were!

MiniMelia
-5th April 2005, 19:15
WHy cant i use these links???!!?!

PM1
-5th April 2005, 19:22
Originally posted by Jan O'C
....... but sadly he will now be embarrassed for ever by the fact that everyone can see what a wreck his parents were!

No Jan - it's part of the job description -anything that goes towards embarasing the offspring earns extra points....:o: :grin:

PM1
-5th April 2005, 19:39
Actually, I'm impressed Jan - your mascara didn't run !!:grin:

Boo Boo
-5th April 2005, 20:16
Boo Boo, how mean are you?

Ooooops, sorry - maybe some of those aren't the most flattering photos, but they do capture the complete sheer joy and exhiliration of the moments after the win.

Fancy drawing people's attention to photos that show what a state I was after the final the pictures of Alex are great - they are from the same set that we bought but sadly he will now be embarrassed for ever by the fact that everyone can see what a wreck his parents were!

The photos of Alex are really great - am sure he is just so pleased that you were with him to share his moment :)

Boo

Jan O'C
-5th April 2005, 21:35
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Boo Boo
[B]Ooooops, sorry - maybe some of those aren't the most flattering photos, but they do capture the complete sheer joy and exhiliration of the moments after the win.

If you think they're not flattering, you should see the full size versions - scarey! I'm glad you have interpreted the facial expression as joy and exhiliration, personally I think it was more a case of release of acute stress. Either way, definitely embarrassing for child concerned.

By the way, PM1, in the larger photos the mascara is indeed running - and it was waterproof (I might take it back and complain!)

The photos of Alex are really great - am sure he is just so pleased that you were with him to share his moment :)

Thanks, he says he was and also that Grace was there, tho he was sad that Matthew wasn't.

Danny_Boy
-10th April 2005, 22:50
I've only ever seen Alex once before - walked past him at the Nationals and only knew it was him because I read his lamé. I'm sure everybody says this but looking at those photos, there is no way he is U-17!

The guy looks about 22!

Looks like it was an incredible moment and obviously massive congratulations to Alex. Superstar.

-

Danny Boy