PDA

View Full Version : South of England

Aidyboy
-15th April 2005, 20:41
are there any LPJS in the south of England? Hampshire preferably.

Caza
-15th April 2005, 21:18
It really depends on qhat standard of comp ur looking for. If your just starting then start low and work up. I've always found the lpjs as little training comps for stuff like the BYCs.

You can pick and choose really. As long as you are willing to travel a bit.
:juggle:

Caza

Meneldil
-15th April 2005, 21:19
There's the Whitgift (December), which was in Kingston last time. I think there's the Dorset (January?) and there may be some others...

pinkelephant
-15th April 2005, 21:52
Click on "equipment" at the top of this page, then Junior Series, and you will find the calendar for the year, together with the results so far.

Baldric Jr.
-25th April 2005, 19:25
For the junior series there is the Portsmouth LPJS. Its quite good. (and its foil)

Baldric Jr.
-25th April 2005, 19:25
So if you feel like trying another weapon go 4 it.

Winwaloe
-28th April 2005, 17:10
Originally posted by Baldric Jr.
For the junior series there is the Portsmouth LPJS. Its quite good. (and its foil)

It's also quite quaint!!

Aidyboy
-28th April 2005, 17:11
when's that?

Winwaloe
-28th April 2005, 19:52
Weekend of June 4/5th

Touché Turtle
-28th April 2005, 20:10
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Baldric Jr.

Originally posted by Winwaloe
It's also quite quaint!!

Meaning?...
I had my eye on going to that one, is it a good one to travel to?

Winwaloe
-28th April 2005, 20:18
I don't think that "conventions" have arrived in Portsmouth. However, this may, perhaps, be a good thing.

Baldric
-28th April 2005, 23:15
Originally posted by Winwaloe
I don't think that "conventions" have arrived in Portsmouth. However, this may, perhaps, be a good thing.

Well, you will have the (dubious) privilege of me reffing this year.

Conventional ? Maybe! Quaint? I doubt it! What the hell.....do it anyway............

If you are really feeling brave, and the timetable works for you, try doing the P & S LPJS and the Falkirk one on the same weekend!

Baldric
-28th April 2005, 23:19
Originally posted by Touche Turtle
I had my eye on going to that one, is it a good one to travel to? [/B]

not too bad from where you are.....M25, A3 - about a 3hr drive if Dartford is on your side. If you are coming on the Friday night, don't take the A3 - use the M3/M27 instead - the A3 has a bottleneck at Hindhead which is an absolute pig up till about 9pm on a Friday (southbound).

The venue is middling, the organisation was pretty good last year, (at least on the Saturday) and the jelly babies will be being distributed free to anyone who taps me on the shoulder and says "HEY - YOU'RE BALDRIC!"

Touché Turtle
-29th April 2005, 08:22
Ok, thanks!
As long as the U9 girls is on the Saturday we can come. (I'm fencing in the Essex county team foil on Sunday!)
How do I find out? where do I find an elusive application form?

AMC
-29th April 2005, 14:44
Well, you will have the (dubious) privilege of me reffing this year.

Conventional ? Maybe! Quaint? I doubt it! What the hell.....do it anyway............

If you are really feeling brave, and the timetable works for you, try doing the P & S LPJS and the Falkirk one on the same weekend!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting MUST not argue with the ref. Its a lot of pressure just for the tee shirt.:ahahhhhhh
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Put it in the right place this time!!

Aidyboy
-30th April 2005, 10:13
Are they doing U17s at Portsmouth and Southsea LPJS? I couldn't see it on the LP website, or the results from 2004, so I guess that means you had to be born '90 to do this one yeh?

Baldric
-30th April 2005, 12:10
Originally posted by Touche Turtle
Ok, thanks!
As long as the U9 girls is on the Saturday we can come. (I'm fencing in the Essex county team foil on Sunday!)
How do I find out? where do I find an elusive application form?

I can't find a form anywhere either. I have emailed Jenny Morris and asked for one, as soon as I get it, I will post it on this thread.

Aidyboy
-30th April 2005, 12:27
here we go, entry form (http://www.leonpaul.com/lpjs/entry_forms/portmouth_southsea.htm)
Doesn't look like there's U17s though, :upset:

Touché Turtle
-30th April 2005, 16:17
Thanks very much!
I take it the left-hand column of entry times is Saturday, and the right-hand is Sunday??
In that case...... see you there! (especially as our check in isn't until 11.30!!!) :)

Baldric
-1st May 2005, 16:13
I have posted a ZIP file with the orginal Word file (properly formatted) on the Portsmouth & Southsea thread of the LPJS section.