PDA

View Full Version : Foil kit for sale

Baldric
-16th April 2005, 18:01
For Sale:

2 Size 3 electric foils, Allstar-Uhlmann BF maraging blades, RHD small pistol grip, bayonet IGS, good condition - £40 each or £75 the pair. (Cost new about £85 each)

3 size 3 electric foils, Leon Paul non-maraging blades, RHD french grip, bayonet IGS, good condition - £20 each or £50 for all three. (Cost new about £40 each) I will convert them to pistol grips at cost if required.

Small ladies 350N jacket, Leon Paul. The label says "170" I am not sure if that is a size, but it fitted Baldric Jnr until she was 11. Well looked after (I have to say that, or Mrs Baldric will kill me!) £20

Foil Lame. similar size to above (suit large 9yr old to small 12 yr old), good condition, no bald patches. Ideal for someone starting out. £25

Size 5 steam foil, Allstar, RHD french grip, good condition - £12

Adult sized large mask, (foil/epee) duellist, very good condition - £25

Kids size small mask, Duellist, well used but no rust or dents - £20

Adult RHD Duellist glove, good condition, but not worth postage, thrown in for free if anyone wants two or more of the items above.

Its amazing what you find when you look, isn't it?

Postage at cost, or collect from Winchester or Aldershot fencing clubs. (Or I will be at the IOW open, Wrexham Open, Bristol Team LPJS, or if you live near Portsmouth, come and see the goods.)

PM me for more details.

Foilling Around
-17th April 2005, 20:22
Originally posted by Baldric
For Sale:

Foil Lame. similar size to above (suit large 9yr old to small 12 yr old), good condition, no bald patches. Ideal for someone starting out. £25

170 sounds like an Allstar size which is about 34". And that would fit with what I know of the size of Baldric Junior. Only problem is you say it is an LP jacket.

Edit - bugger, I deleted the wrong bit

Baldric
-17th April 2005, 20:34
Originally posted by Foilling Around
170 sounds like an Allstar size which is about 34". And that would fit with what I know of the size of Baldric Junior. Only problem is you say it is an LP jacket.

Edit - bugger, I deleted the wrong bit

Thats OK - I got myself confuzzled over the sizes.

The jacket is Leon Paul and is a 34.

The lame is allstar/uhlmann and is a 170, which, as FA points out, is approx a 34! Unsurprising since Jnr wore them both at the same time, until she selfishly grew....and grew.....and grew.....

I am thinking of following Boo's suggestion - send her to her room until she promises not to grow any more!

Australian
-18th April 2005, 11:47
The lame is allstar/uhlmann and is a 170, which, as FA points out, is approx a 34! Unsurprising since Jnr wore them both at the same time, until she selfishly grew....and grew.....and grew.....

getting far too tall in my opinion... maybe time to amputate at the knee or something?

Baldric
-23rd April 2005, 22:05
For Sale:

2 Size 3 electric foils, Allstar-Uhlmann BF maraging blades, RHD small pistol grip, bayonet IGS, good condition - £40 each or £75 the pair. (Cost new about £85 each)

actually, there turned out to be three - one sold, one lent for tryout, one left!

3 size 3 electric foils, Leon Paul non-maraging blades, RHD french grip, bayonet IGS, good condition - £20 each or £50 for all three. (Cost new about £40 each) I will convert them to pistol grips at cost if required. one sold, two left

Small ladies 350N jacket, Leon Paul. The label says "170" I am not sure if that is a size, but it fitted Baldric Jnr until she was 11. (Its a 34!) Well looked after (I have to say that, or Mrs Baldric will kill me!) £20

Foil Lame. similar size to above (suit large 9yr old to small 12 yr old), good condition, no dead patches. Ideal for someone starting out. £25

Size 5 steam foil, Allstar, RHD french grip, good condition - £12

Adult sized large mask, (foil/epee) duellist, very good condition - £25

Adult RHD Duellist glove, good condition, but not worth postage, thrown in for free if anyone wants two or more of the items above.

Its amazing what you find when you look, isn't it?

Postage at cost, or collect from Winchester or Aldershot fencing clubs. (Or I will be at the IOW open, Wrexham Open, Bristol Team LPJS, or if you live near Portsmouth, come and see the goods.)

PM me for more details.

Ok - the weapons are selling but the clothing is not! Have I over priced it? Maybe.......

Sensible offers on a PM please........

Baldric
-30th April 2005, 12:24
OK most of this is now sold, or spoken for. Here's whats left!

For Sale:

1 Size 3 electric foil, Allstar-Uhlmann BF maraging blades, RHD small pistol grip, bayonet IGS, good condition - £40

I "guitar" style fencing bag, duellist, well travelled but still in one piece, zip works - make me an offer?

PM me for more details.

I am looking for (part exchange maybe?), LP spool spares, so long as they are in good nick:

Springs
Fencer End Sockets (complete, or at least everything except the terminal block)
Wires

Aidyboy
-30th April 2005, 13:28
how much do you want for the bag? :)

Baldric
-30th April 2005, 13:36
Originally posted by aidyboi
how much do you want for the bag? :)

£12 or 5% of my body weight in jelly babies (proper Bassetts ones, mind you, none of your cheap fakes!)

:grin:

Aidyboy
-30th April 2005, 13:38
how bout £12 and a bag of Jelly babies? I'll be at the wight open.:grin:

Baldric
-30th April 2005, 13:40
Originally posted by aidyboi
how bout £12 and a bag of Jelly babies? I'll be at the wight open.:grin:

Sold to the man at the IOW open with the Jelly babies! Pleasure doing business with you sir.

We will be there both days, I will pm you a mobile number so you can get in touch.

Aidyboy
-30th April 2005, 13:43
ok, cheerz. I should be there both days, only fencing on the sunday though.

Baldric
-1st May 2005, 19:32
Much of this sold to Izhar - new(ish) member.

Nice to meet you Iz - good luck with building up the club, and best of luck to P with his exams.

If you are looking for some comps to go to, their is a decent league in Yorkshire (is that close to you? is all oop-norf to me!) - details from PM1 or Tubby on this forum.

See ya.

Baldric.

Izhar
-2nd May 2005, 17:49
Thanks -- it was good to meet you. If all goes well this week, we may run into each other more in the future!
We can now start introducing the club juniors to the mysteries of electric fencing and may even be able to unloose them on the competive world one of these days.
Thanks again
Izhar

Baldric
-3rd June 2005, 22:14
Still have a childs mask and a couple of size 3 foils left, (one french and one pistol)

If anyone is still interested I will be at the P & S LPJS or the Wrexham Open. First sensible offer gets a bargain!

PM me here, or grab me at one of the comps.

Baldric

gibbiyon
-18th June 2005, 03:26
what stuff is left for sale?

Baldric
-18th June 2005, 07:40
Originally posted by gibbiyon
what stuff is left for sale?

I still have the childs mask (used but still serviceable) and the two electric size 3 foils. One is french grip, non maraging, the other is pistol grip and is an Uhlmann maraging blade.

I have a few spare grips, so I could convert the french to a pistol.

Regards

Baldric

Touché Turtle
-18th June 2005, 16:22
Talking of grips, may I hijack this thread with a quick question please?
Does anybody know who makes the smallest pistol grips?
Touché Junr has had one put on her foil which issupposed to be extra small (don't know who's make though) but it doesn't actually seem that little. She needs really tiny ones, but I don't know where's best to get one.
Any ideas / offers of teeny tiny second hand ones ? (RH)
Thanks. TT

Baldric
-18th June 2005, 16:40
Hi TT

I don't know who make them extra small, but I don't think it would be that hard to file/grind down a "small" to make an "extra small".

Alternatively, ask Simon Trinder - I would expect him to have come across the question before.

Mind you, TT Jnr may be small now, but if you keep feeding her......

[edit] Millers Musketeers (http://www.millers-musketeers.com/shop/Catalogue/FoilSpares.html) list an XS size on their website - never used them, don't know what they are like......

Touché Turtle
-18th June 2005, 18:52
thanks Baldric
had already thought of grinding it down, but was looking for an easy option! :) Will have a look at the link, thanks.