PDA

View Full Version : Fencing on TV again

kingkenny
-23rd June 2003, 10:52
Fencing on tv tomorrow on the morning program with terry wogan.
I am off to America so next time I write it will be with a tan!!!!!!
So if there are any proplems try gav or wingnut.
Thanks

Gav
-23rd June 2003, 11:07
What channel is this on?

I only have 'minimum' telly so I only get the 5 rubbish channels.

Mantis
-23rd June 2003, 11:07
Thanks. What programme will this be and do you know at what time the fencing will be shown? I'm afraid I don't watch much morning television so I wasn't even aware that Wogan had a show. I thought he was living out his twilight years on Radio 2. :tongue:

Cheetara
-23rd June 2003, 12:08
I don't really want to own up to knowing this but Terry Wogan and Gaby Roslin have started a morning daytime telly show on channel 5.

kingkenny
-23rd June 2003, 12:10
dont know its the new show with wogan that got slated in the press it will between 9.00 and 12.00 sorry if i find out i will let yu know.

Aoife
-23rd June 2003, 18:57
I only have 'minimum' telly so I only get the 5 rubbish channels.

I don't even get channel 5! :( :( :(

(ps, saw the Rimmel advert today, is that a LP sword?)

Tubby
-23rd June 2003, 20:01
[i](ps, saw the Rimmel advert today, is that a LP sword?) [/B]What Rimmel advert? Is it in Cosmo, on the telly?

Aoife
-23rd June 2003, 20:27
It was on telly. For some cream- anti wrinkles I think. (scooping face cream out with the button on a foil- that's appealing :) ).

I'm not quite sure how the fencing related to the product, but it's good to see it on telly nonetheless.

Rdb811
-23rd June 2003, 23:08
somebody was telling me about a NatWest advert involving fencing.

PM1
-23rd June 2003, 23:44
Have a lovely time, Kingkenny, I'm sure Gav will look after the show for you.....

Tubby
-24th June 2003, 02:50
there's an ad onTV (may have been on eurosport) with two women fencing in the surf, (unfortunately) in full kit but I cannot remember what its for.

Cheetara
-24th June 2003, 12:52
I saw a face cream ad with fencing but it was for l'Oreal and had Andie Mcdowell (sorry about spelling). Not exactly fencing but she was in kit and scooping face cream out of the pot with a foil with a red button :) Not the best ad for fencing I've ever seen

Marcos
-24th June 2003, 13:59
the "Hardtalk" fencing ad on BBC world is the best

Tubby
-24th June 2003, 15:03
forgot to set the video this morning, doh!:(

Tubby
-24th June 2003, 15:11
Does anyone know where on the Mercedes web site is their advert with the fencing in it?

rory
-24th June 2003, 15:12
Dunno if you've seen the Mercedes ad in the cinema that's got a good 10 seconds of epee in it. It's the extended version of the one on telly that shows boxing (2 guys duking it out and both dodging so no-one hits, then a shot of the car just braking before hitting a stag crossing the road).
Very dark and arty, but quite cool.

They were showing it before the Matrix Reloaded, 3 weeks ago, and before 2fast 2furious yesterday.

Cheetara
-24th June 2003, 15:13
There's another thread on here with a link to it (Mercedes ad that is)

Gav
-24th June 2003, 15:24
Only problem with the Merc' ad is that you can't download it. It's excellent - and not just for the fencing.

Barry Paul
-24th June 2003, 15:56
Sorry folks fencing canceled at the last moment in faviour of Tennis will let you know if it is resheduled. Barry Paul

Gav
-24th June 2003, 16:09
Sorry folks fencing canceled at the last moment in faviour of Tennis will let you know if it is resheduled. Barry Paul

Surely the folks at TV central knew that Wimbledon was upon us?

3 Card Trick
-24th June 2003, 16:27
Yes, but they weren't expecting good weather.

Rdb811
-24th June 2003, 21:57
Strangely the good weather is only when I'm working :(

There's an add in the current Evenin Standid for a try-a-sport event aty Earl's Court - of the attraction's is to duel 007's double., complete with small pick of Steve Paul.

The smell of pizza from one of th neighbours is starting to get a

PM1
-24th June 2003, 23:09
ok Rdb 811, where was that post going to????

Talking about try a sport, there will be taster sessions at the Royal Armoury on the 3 Mondays starting July 19th (I think), run by Dave Jerry and Brian Matlass, an hour a go....Leeds, that is....;) ;)

Rdb811
-26th June 2003, 00:03
Originally posted by Rdb811

The smell of pizza from one of th neighbours is starting to get a

I think I was on the verge of ordering one - itwas stronger than the honeysuckle.

Tubby
-29th June 2003, 22:44
Today I clocked 4 ads on the box with fencing in them:
Eurosport - with the two ladies fencing in the surf

Eurosport - montage of sports with 0.25 sec flash of two fencers
Adidas - asian fencer taking of her mask to cool down

(I think) Tetley Bitter (maybe Natwest) - cricketer with bat backing up a fencer on a piste.

Like, strike up the :band:

Muso440
-30th June 2003, 09:28
Originally posted by Tubby

Eurosport - with the two ladies fencing in the surf

Fencing in the surf?????

Wouldn't your blades go rusty? :confused:

Aoife
-30th June 2003, 20:59
I saw a face cream ad with fencing but it was for l'Oreal

L'Oreal, Rimmel, *shrug* I wasn't paying too much attention to the cream :)

Haven't seen the Natwest one, or the Eurosport ones yet.

Seen Adidas. And the Merc one.

hokers
-23rd July 2003, 16:57
Just seen some fencing on TV on a CBBC programme, desparately tried to find it on my TV but couldn't.

Two epeeists and a coach, presumably another "introduction to fencing" type program

Dammit there was me with the TV on my desk tuned to Fashion TV again... (you'd understand if you've seen it)

Marcos
-23rd July 2003, 17:03
you'd think, given the amount models get paid, that they could afford bras

actually, the wife did the PR for Fashion TV for a while - they love it in countries where viewing is censored