PDA

View Full Version : Portsmouth & Southsea

Aidyboy
-30th April 2005, 14:19
anybody going? when's the cap, d.o.b. wise, for the U15 category, as I cant see an U17 section.

Baldric
-30th April 2005, 15:35
Originally posted by aidyboi
anybody going? when's the cap, d.o.b. wise, for the U15 category, as I cant see an U17 section.

DOB must be in 1990 or 1991 for u15

We'll be there, but more likely helping than fencing.

Aidyboy
-30th April 2005, 15:39
damn, doesnt look like I can compete, I may come and watch though, not too far. I guess I'd still get to see what a competition looks like, lol.:grin:

MiniMelia
-30th April 2005, 16:49
Hmmmmm...When is it? And where is it? DON'T SAY PORTSMOTH!

MiniMelia.

Aidyboy
-30th April 2005, 17:07
well, from looking at the entry form: greetham street me thinks, some place called st. Lukes sports centre
4th/5th June

Baldric
-30th April 2005, 17:52
Originally posted by aidyboi
well, from looking at the entry form: greetham street me thinks, some place called st. Lukes sports centre
4th/5th June

If you are looking on a map, its right behind the main Portsmouth & Southsea railway station. - A very good event to get to by train - right next to the tracks!

Baldric
-1st May 2005, 15:58
There is a form on line on the LPJS section of the LP site, but its formatting is a bit shot away.

If I have done this right, you should be able to get the original word document from the attached file.

Aidyboy
-1st May 2005, 16:20
so is anyone going out of the cadet épée lot for the foil? If so I might come say hi, not that I'm fencing but it's only a little ferry trip.:grin:

27ab1c
-1st May 2005, 18:48
There is a form on line on the LPJS section of the LP site, but its formatting is a bit shot away.

Brilliant! Thanks.
11.30 check-in time - what a nice surprise. That'll save us dipping into the stopover fund.

Any sponsors' choccies?

Winwaloe
-3rd May 2005, 12:06
Originally posted by MiniMelia
Hmmmmm...When is it? And where is it? DON'T SAY PORTSMOTH!

MiniMelia.

Say PORTSMOUTH!

Meneldil
-3rd May 2005, 15:50
PORTSMOUTH!

:rolleyes:

*points* He made me do it!

MiniMelia
-3rd May 2005, 16:27
Urgh *sighs* Thanks guys *sarcastic tone* Your sooooo informative. :tongue:

Dunno if i'm going yet.

MiniMelia.

Baldric
-9th May 2005, 18:35
Unashamedly bumps thread to the top again!

Come on guys, get yer entry forms in sharpish! Only a couple of weeks to closing date.

Make a long weekend of it, and take the kids to see the Victory, Warrior and Mary Rose!

Touché Turtle
-10th May 2005, 08:09
Touché Junior has her entry in already, and is looking forward to her second ever competition!:)

AMC
-10th May 2005, 12:14
Baldric if you gan bring spare entry forms on Friday, I will push the comp.:sleep:

Baldric
-17th May 2005, 23:48
OK, the entry form is now also available via the BRAND SPANKING NEW Hampshire Fencing Website

Hampshire Fencing (http://www.hampshirefencing.org.uk)
Get your entry in NNNOOOWWWW!!!!!!

AMC
-18th May 2005, 12:55
Such a nice Webpage, have you considered doing ours!!:dammachin

AMC
-19th May 2005, 12:12
It would be a good idea to get the BFA to set up a link to the LINKS page on there web site.:)

Baldric
-25th May 2005, 22:43
Originally posted by AMC
It would be a good idea to get the BFA to set up a link to the LINKS page on there web site.:)

Good point - now done!

Baldric
-4th June 2005, 14:59
Some of Saturdays results

Girls U9

Winner Chloe Mullins

Girls U13

1st Olivea Adebo
2nd Genevieve Mullins
3rd= Amy Hyman
3rd= Not sure

Boys U13

1st Tom Allen
2nd George Orchart
3rd= Alec M........can't spell it
3rd= not sure

full results and some photos will be posted on Hampshire Fencing (http://www.hampshirefencing.org.uk) as soon as I get them.

(Unfortunately, the printer ran out of ink at the end of the day today)

Touché Turtle
-4th June 2005, 16:48
Baldric - who are you?!! I didn't see anyone today with jelly babies in hand... so couldn't say hi. :(

Baldric
-4th June 2005, 17:05
Originally posted by Touche Turtle
Baldric - who are you?!! I didn't see anyone today with jelly babies in hand... so couldn't say hi. :(

Sorry Touche!

I was reffing the U9 girls and the overflow of u9 boys in the second hall today. Baldric Jnr was reffing the U13 boys poules and the U13 girls DE.

How old is Touche jnr?

PM1
-4th June 2005, 18:09
....I didn't see anyone today with jelly babies in hand.... :(
he rarely has them "in hand", as that would mean he'd have to offer to share.....:rolleyes: (which he does...:confused: ):tongue:

Baldric
-4th June 2005, 18:48
Originally posted by PM1
he rarely has them "in hand"

Actually, today was an entirely JB-free day!

I am in rehab!!!!!

Touché Turtle
-4th June 2005, 19:05
Originally posted by Baldric
Sorry Touche!

I was reffing the U9 girls and the overflow of u9 boys in the second hall today. Baldric Jnr was reffing the U13 boys poules and the U13 girls DE.

How old is Touche jnr?

:grin: :grin: U9 girl !! :grin: :grin:
she was the one who came 2nd

Baldric
-4th June 2005, 19:09
:grin: :grin: U9 girl !! :grin: :grin:
she was the one who came 2nd

LOL - so we met without knowing!

Had I known, I would have doled out the JBs!

However, I was probably even more nervous than TT jnr - her first fight was my very first as a competition ref!!!!!!!!!

I hope I haven't scarred her for life!

edit - She looked a very neat fencer. the only problem was when she countered into Chloe's attacks...........much promise in the Turtle household.

Touché Turtle
-4th June 2005, 19:13
Thanks, she had a great time and is already asking when the next competition is!

PM1
-5th June 2005, 10:56
Ah...so you're in JB rehab......might explain a few things.....:)

27ab1c
-5th June 2005, 19:42
Well-run competition without much hanging around - seemed to be plenty of spare pistes.
Decent reffing, too, including from Baldric Jr.
Sorry I missed you, Baldric, you were there on Saturday and we on Sunday - bring your second-hand steam foil to Wrexham and we'll do the deed there.

Baldric
-5th June 2005, 20:06
Results now posted on this link

Portsmouth & Southsea LPJS results (http://www.hampshirefencing.org.uk)

My apologies to all those people who kindly gave me permission to take photos of their offspring - unfortunately I am a completely rubbish photographer, and only one piccy came out properly!

I have emailed that to the family concerned, but its not enough to put up a gallery.

If anyone has any decent pics taken at the comp, please email them to me, and I will try to make up a collection. My email addy is on the bottom of the results sheet. (Bang goes my already tenuous anonymity!)

Baldric
-5th June 2005, 20:08
Originally posted by 27ab1c
Well-run competition without much hanging around - seemed to be plenty of spare pistes.
Decent reffing, too, including from Baldric Jr.
Sorry I missed you, Baldric, you were there on Saturday and we on Sunday - bring your second-hand steam foil to Wrexham and we'll do the deed there.

Glad you enjoyed the comp - I must say that I thought that Jenny and her team excelled themselves this year.

Sorry to have missed you - I should have had the brains to give the foil to Jnr!

Regards

Baldric

Foilling Around
-5th June 2005, 20:15
Originally posted by PM1
Ah...so you're in JB rehab......might explain a few things.....:)

But Baldric's JBs are simply to placate those with whom he has been too "honest".

He seems to be getting more mild mannered in his old age, hence no more JBs!

Baldric
-5th June 2005, 20:28
Originally posted by Foilling Around
But Baldric's JBs are simply to placate those with whom he has been too "honest".

He seems to be getting more mild mannered in his old age, hence no more JBs!

Errr.....not really. Still keep an emergency supply in the fencing bag. And less of the OLD AGE if you don't mind!

Foilling Around
-5th June 2005, 21:21
Yum-Yum are you going to Wrexham?

Baldric
-5th June 2005, 21:24
Yum-Yum are you going to Wrexham?

Bearing in mind where Cymru Fach fences (and the extraordinary number of WF cadets going) what do you think??????

If I tried to suggest otherwise, not even Jelly Babies would get me out of trouble......!

Foilling Around
-6th June 2005, 11:46
It's not just Wrexham, up to Friday, 20 of the 56 WF entries to the Nationals were Cadets.

Baldric
-6th June 2005, 12:12
It's not just Wrexham, up to Friday, 20 of the 56 WF entries to the Nationals were Cadets.

Perhaps thats cos Cadets have parents who actually get entry forms in early, whereas older fencers leave it till the last minute and then panic?

Baldric
-7th June 2005, 22:00
A small number of photos now available here
Portsmouth & Southsea LPJS gallery (http://www.hampshirefencing.org.uk/lpjsgallery.htm)

many thanks to Kevin Reilly of P & S and Touche Turtle of this forum for their contributions.

If I get any more, I will post them later.

AMC
-8th June 2005, 12:37
It was a very well run comp, and I thought Baldric JR did very well on both days. Baldric missing on Sunday Jelly Baby withdraw symptoms?????:transport

Baldric
-8th June 2005, 12:51
Originally posted by AMC
It was a very well run comp, and I thought Baldric JR did very well on both days. Baldric missing on Sunday Jelly Baby withdraw symptoms?????:transport

Sort of.....armourers course run by SCFU! I wasn't skiving...honest!