PDA

View Full Version : MiniMelia vs. Tarmac

MiniMelia
-22nd May 2005, 20:27
At the Excalibur this weekend I had the pleasure of fencing Tarmac. We had a nice fight, nice meaning I won! :tongue:

BTW sorry bout those last two decisions I wasn't sure so I let the ref decide. Nice fight though mate! Seeya'round

Anyone else get to fence any formities?

Oh nearly forgot, I also fenced Dave Hillier whose also on the forum, I met Touche. Turtle too.

Was a brilliant weekend! Until I found out mum had brought along a photo album of me when I was ... smaller and was happy to show to anyone who asked or those who didn't ask. Boo Boo can tell you more :(

MiniMelia.

Boo Boo
-22nd May 2005, 20:54
Originally posted by MiniMelia
Boo Boo can tell you more :(

MiniMelia was an absolute sweety as a kid - even more so in "the hat".

I am just sorry that I didn't get to see more of the album - I was just about to fence when MummyMelia was showing it to me :( Still, maybe volume two of the album at the nationals??? :)

Boo
(apologises profusely to anyone who she spread her fluy germs to at the weekend :( )

Touché Turtle
-22nd May 2005, 20:58
Aww! I missed this gem, didn't hear about an album....
Nice to meet you anyway MiniMelia (and other assorted Melias!), also managed to say a quick hello to Tarmac at last.

Moppet
-22nd May 2005, 20:58

I have fenced quite a few in competitions and stuff, mostly from around the same area as me, or people who travel regularly to the same competitions as me and are in the same category.

So far, i've fenced; fnork, pinkelephant, nessyfencer, twohat (of course), twohappyhippos and probably more.:)

Gangsta G
-23rd May 2005, 08:28
This all sounds a bit cruel on poor old MM

J_D
-23rd May 2005, 08:32
He probably deserves it.

Nice to see the forumites again too :)

Tarmac
-23rd May 2005, 09:04
Young whippersnapper :tongue:
It was a good fight indeed :) although being closer to the ground like that does make my foot a good target! :grin:

And to think... i was 'banned' from even mentioning us fencing if i'd won - let alone start a whole thread! ;)

Cheeky monkey :monkey:

Very nice to meet Touche Turtle and also find out who T.Turtle is...
oh and Dave gave me a good beating too :rolleyes:
Next time meester Hillier! :grin:

pinkelephant
-23rd May 2005, 09:34
OK - if Lynne's passing around a whole album I'll have to do something more than just the one of JT riding a cricket bat!

J_D
-23rd May 2005, 09:37
and talking of letting other forum members beat you, why do I always let Gawain do that to me?

Doh!

MiniMelia
-23rd May 2005, 15:43
HA! Pinkey you gotta show me that, I'll do a deal with ya. I'll bring my albums down if you show me Jimmy's. Agreed?

At the Nationals or summit.

Heehee. MiniMelia.

Gawain
-23rd May 2005, 17:12
Originally posted by J_D
and talking of letting other forum members beat you, why do I always let Gawain do that to me?

Doh!

I just stood there while you ran onto my foil.

Anyway, you trounced my team-mates.

Good to see you again, though.

T.Turtle
-24th May 2005, 19:59
Originally posted by Tarmac
Young whippersnapper :tongue:
It was a good fight indeed :) although being closer to the ground like that does make my foot a good target! :grin:

And to think... i was 'banned' from even mentioning us fencing if i'd won - let alone start a whole thread! ;)

Cheeky monkey :monkey:

Very nice to meet Touche Turtle and also find out who T.Turtle is...

Good to meet you too and, although I'm taller than Minimelia, I seem to recall my point finding your foot as well :)

I wish I'd had a camera to record your fight with Matt Glanville ... It was very entertaining. It was a pity someone had to lose.

Adler
-24th May 2005, 20:18

I think i've fenced Gangsta G providied i've worked out the person behind the name right. I've definetely fenced randomsabreur and NLSC Sabreur.

anyone going to the Goldington trainning day (shameless plug:) ) on saturday will fence me at some point.

ps i'll be the long haired guy in a coaching jacket probably looking slightly concussed.

Dave Hillier
-24th May 2005, 20:53
Originally posted by Tarmac

We shall see... We shall see..

Mini Mellia seemed to be keen on my foot as well but I managed to get it out of the way most of the time.

Originally posted by
T.Turtle

Good to meet you too and, although I'm taller than Minimelia, I seem to recall my point finding your foot as well

I assume that I fenced you as well but seeing as I have no idea who you are I can't comment on the fight.

MiniMelia
-24th May 2005, 21:32
He was the guy who made Tris Lane abit upset :rolleyes:

Who won between Matt Glanville and Dave then?

MiniMelia.

P.S. I beat Matt! :tongue:

Dave Hillier
-24th May 2005, 21:41
Originally posted by MiniMelia
He was the guy who made Tris Lane abit upset :rolleyes:

Who won between Matt Glanville and Dave then?

MiniMelia.

P.S. I beat Matt! :tongue:

Matt beat me 5:4, it must have been the first time that I have fenced him since I was an undergrad at Birmingham 8 years ago. Well done for beating him MiniMelia.

MiniMelia
-24th May 2005, 21:45
Looking at his height, reputation, recnt/old results I thought he was gonna crucify me! I mean going for foot four times against someone whose 6"4 usually isn't the best of ideas, however he must've had extra large shoes on that day, coz it worked :grin:

Beware all! (epeeists ;) ) I'm doing the epee circuit next season so look closley at your poule list, it's Rhys Melia not Jamie Melia! HAHA!

Heehee seeya round. MiniMelia.

Tarmac
-24th May 2005, 22:18
Originally posted by T.Turtle
I wish I'd had a camera to record your fight with Matt Glanville ... It was very entertaining. It was a pity someone had to lose.

I love fencing Matt :) i'm amazed that i don't fall over laughing it's such good fun... and one day I'll figure out the timing on that last hit he keeps doing to me!! Grrr... :grin:

Looking back i think i remember yourself and a crowd at the Nottingham L16 Comedy Show :) i like to entertain - one day i'll win :tongue: :grin:

Gangsta G
-25th May 2005, 09:56
Originally posted by Adler
I think i've fenced Gangsta G providied i've worked out the person behind the name right. I've definetely fenced randomsabreur and NLSC Sabreur.

anyone going to the Goldington trainning day (shameless plug:) ) on saturday will fence me at some point.

ps i'll be the long haired guy in a coaching jacket probably looking slightly concussed.

Hmm, Adler I think I might have worked out who you are... is it your birthday today?

Nick
-26th May 2005, 11:12
I also had the pleasure of fencing Minimelia at the weekend and having my foot hit repeatedly . I was a bit dissapointed to see you had stopped using that dodgy handle by the time I got to fence you (Whats with that handle anyway?). Of course my shame at being beaten by someone whose head is lower than my armpit was beaten into submission by my happyness at beating your other two teammates 5-4 in the extra minute while fencing with an elbow that wouldn’t straighten. I was very impressed with your ability for your age and as long as you can learn to keep your temper under control (and avoid picking up some of your teammates more unsavoury characteristics) then this kid will deservedly be right at the top whithin a few years.

Also had a fantastic “debate” about the rules with the foreign guy on the middlesex team.
Generally a great weekend and one of the best birthdays I’ve ever had.

Only one complaint.... The venue was too nice.. too light, airy and peaceful. I mean honestly how can someone be expected to fight well on a decent sprung floor.:grin:

Adler
-27th May 2005, 19:20
Originally posted by Gangsta G
Hmm, Adler I think I might have worked out who you are... is it your birthday today?

er no my burthdays in november.

Gangsta G
-27th May 2005, 20:36
er no my burthdays in november.

Oh ok, thought you might have been Dan Perry... unless you're the foilist (?) who knocked me out of Ridley-Martin... or PRome?

Adler
-27th May 2005, 23:26
Heh i'll take it as a compliment that i could be mistaken for Pete. You did go to debrecen last year didn't you? if you didn't i'm thinking of the wrong person. I was the one with the fairly exceptional bruises(i think a few people thought i was hungarian.;) )

Adler
-27th May 2005, 23:30
[BI was the one with the fairly exceptional bruises(i think a few people thought i was hungarian.;) ) [/B]

That is to say they thought i was hungarian before i got the bruises not as a result of them.

Gangsta G
-28th May 2005, 07:22
Oh yeah of course I know who you are... hi John. Why have you not been competing?

Adler
-28th May 2005, 13:13
Haven't had the time recently but now i've got a gap year i should be back on the circuit fairly regularly.

Gangsta G
-28th May 2005, 14:33
Excellent, see you at the nationals & hamlet?

Adler
-29th May 2005, 15:25
you should do, i'm certainly planning on being there. Are you doing the Aldershot training camp?

MiniMelia
-29th May 2005, 16:17
Cheers for the compliments Nick :grin: I also hope I don't pick up any of y teamates attributes/characteristics.

About the handle....I like to pommel when I do epee (am a foilist) so my borther got the only left handed one fromcoach and tried to set it, without a vice. Resulting in a loud SNAP, the handle is snapped rather than set, thats why it's so funky.

What was with your elbow? Is it ok now?

MiniMelia.

Gangsta G
-31st May 2005, 09:19
you should do, i'm certainly planning on being there. Are you doing the Aldershot training camp?

No, sorry, I'm going back to Debrecen, I think 1 training camp is enough, I need some holiday as well!

Adler
-31st May 2005, 22:13
Have fun. I've just got the entry form for hamlet so i'll see you there.