PDA

View Full Version : LPJS Durham foil

kingkenny
-23rd August 2005, 13:35
http://www.leonpaul.com/lpjs/entry_forms/durham2005foil.htm

Entry form added.

Touché Turtle
-24th August 2005, 19:43
Good oh, will be there with Touché Jr. :)

AMC
-24th September 2005, 22:07
Tom Allen won the U13 final 10-1. Must buy the coach TWO beers :) :) :tongue: :tongue: :party:

Caithdein
-25th September 2005, 10:31
I never got a chance to see much of the fencing - and as much as I was running around with results and posting them up and taking them back in I didnt see who won what either.....

In fact the entire day seems a blur of aching legs and running between DT and the gym:grin:

was fun though - and hope everyone enjoyed themselves!

Touché Turtle
-25th September 2005, 16:00
A good day, thank you!
Was great for some of the under 9's to use a metallic piste - a first for Touché jr at least. It makes sense really, as they get the most floor hits, being so close to the ground!
Jr enjoyed herself, even if she was the only girl in her age range - she just fenced the boys instead. (and a lovely trophy to take home!)
See you next year..

Oh, and hello to WFFC Coach and Mrs WFFC, nice to meet you.

Baldric
-25th September 2005, 20:38
Originally posted by AMC
Tom Allen won the U13 final 10-1. Must buy the coach TWO beers :) :) :tongue: :tongue: :party:

[wondering if Tom's coach might becoming a bit of a dipso!]

AMC
-25th September 2005, 21:59
Dipso ?:drink: :beer:

blademouse
-26th September 2005, 08:41
What were the other u13 boys results - does anyone know? Who got silver? Also the Leicester competition - are the results around anywhere?

vikkia
-26th September 2005, 09:08
1st Tom Allen
2nd Alec Markawitzch (sp)
3rd Jamie Albert
3rd Callum Johnstone ( i think)

Don't know any more I'm afraid

vikkia
-26th September 2005, 09:16
And for Leics the top 4 were

1st Tom Allen
2nd Alex Tofalides
3rd Jamie Albert
3rd Sam Ward ( I think, but I may well be wrong on this one)

blademouse
-26th September 2005, 09:19
Thanks vikkia.

I suppose the Leon Paul site will be updated at some point and that will confirm those ones you aren't sure about!

Touché Turtle
-26th September 2005, 09:31
Originally posted by blademouse
I suppose the Leon Paul site will be updated at some point
Don't hold your breath!
I know it says something about 'within two weeks', but it tends to take lot longer. Shame really, would be nice for the kids to have their results and ranking available soon after they have competed. But, hey ho, we're all busy folks. :(

blademouse
-26th September 2005, 09:37
I know - it has been a bit of a sore point on the forum in the past!!

That is why I decided to ask those who were there as it seems the quickest way to work out what is happening!

I think there is only Cambridge left this year in any case so I guess it will all catch up with itself eventually.

WFFC Coach
-26th September 2005, 12:15
Thanks to those who organised the Durham event, an excellent competition.

Good to meet Touche Turtle, who's daughter put up a brave show against the boys.

One small complaint, the under 9's competition took too long. They checked in a 9.00am and didn't finish until about 5.00pm. That is a very long day for ones so young.

Perhaps the organisers of the series could look at the format for U9's and come up with something that gets a fair result and plenty of fights but doesn't take so long.

Touché Turtle
-26th September 2005, 12:22
It is the first one I've seen (out of all 5 I've been to!) which actually had a D.E. for the Under 9s. Usually positions are worked out after 2 rounds of poules. I think the LPJS website actually gives this as the official format for U9 somewhere.

kingkenny
-26th September 2005, 12:52
Next year all results will be entered by me meaning less middle men and I am sure I can get 50% on with in 3 days of the competition 40% within two weeks and 10% will always go wrong as people loose results etc.

vikkia
-26th September 2005, 13:45
That's great:) But any idea when this one will be updated as there have been a few changes in the rankings since Scotland/Portsmouth ?

vikkia
-27th September 2005, 12:49
Results are now up,thanks KK:) The rankings haven't been updated yet but by my reckoning we have 2 in 1st place at 100 pointsand 3 in 3rd place with 86 points. Should make for a very interesting Cambridge for the 3 with 86 points as all three could still be caught.!!

StabInTheDark
-27th September 2005, 23:51
The Durham LPJS foil results have now been posted in the LPJS part of the website, along with the Leicester Foil and updated rankings.

StabInTheDark
-27th September 2005, 23:54
Originally posted by WFFC Coach

Good to meet Touche Turtle, who's daughter put up a brave show against the boys.

One small complaint, the under 9's competition took too long. They checked in a 9.00am and didn't finish until about 5.00pm. That is a very long day for ones so young.

Perhaps the organisers of the series could look at the format for U9's and come up with something that gets a fair result and plenty of fights but doesn't take so long.

StabInTheDark
-28th September 2005, 00:06
The main problem was the U9 poules took longer to complete than expected despite using a metal piste before lunchtime , compounded by shortage of refs after lunch: we do prefer to have DE for U9's as the rules allow for local discretion and it would not be fair even on 2 rounds just to award places without a DE given the shortage of infomation to seed accurately into the poules.

The U9's will have to acclimatise to a long event some day if they are going to go to BYC's, but your point is taken: of course it was the best fencers who made it through to the later stages, so not everyone had to wait. Well done to WFFC for having such a consistently good crop of youngsters.

Originally posted by WFFC Coach

WFFC Coach
-28th September 2005, 09:40
Well done to WFFC for having such a consistently good crop of youngsters.

Thanks for that.......................and thanks for the explanation about the U9's event.

I really meant it as a SMALL complaint.

I thought it was a very well organised and enjoyable event.