PDA

View Full Version : Leipzig on the tv

Helen Mulrine
-27th September 2005, 14:00
I've just read in the Italian "La Scherma" magazine, that the Rai tv have bought tv rights for the world championships in Leipzig and will be televising all the finals live, begining with ladies foil on the 9th October. It doesn't say if it's the terrestrial Rai channel or raisatsport channel. Handy for anyone with satelite reception.

Gav
-29th September 2005, 12:29
Which is interesting news as we may well be able to download the Italian feeds again ...!

Helen (or any other Italian), you couldn't do me a favour but cast your eyes over the schedules and see if you can pick out the webcast times? The site should be the same as for the Olympics. There's a big thumbs up (with the possibility of DVDs if you can't capture the streams yourself).

ChubbyHubby
-30th September 2005, 10:15
Originally posted by Gav
Which is interesting news as we may well be able to download the Italian feeds again ...!

Helen (or any other Italian), you couldn't do me a favour but cast your eyes over the schedules and see if you can pick out the webcast times? The site should be the same as for the Olympics. There's a big thumbs up (with the possibility of DVDs if you can't capture the streams yourself).

From fencing.net:

http://www.federscherma.it/news.asp?29681

LEIPZIG WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: THIRTEEN HOURS OF LIVE TV ON RAI TV

09/28/2005, Rome - The 2005 Leipzig Fencing World Championships from October 8 to 15 will be broadcast live by RAI TV for all semifinals and finals October 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, and 15. There are no finals scheduled for October 8 and 12. 13 hours in total of live coverage on RaiSportSat under the direction of Federico Calcagno with the technical commentaries by Stefano Pantano.

Sunday, October 9 - live coverage from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm - WF individual and ME individual
Monday, October 10 - live coverage from 6:00 pm to 8:20 pm - MS individual and WE individual
Tuesday, October 11 -- live coverage from 5:55 pm to 8:15 pm - WS individual and MF individual
Thursday, October 13 - live coverage from 5:55 pm to 8:50 pm - ME team and WF team
Friday, October 14 - live coverage from 5:55 pm to 8:20 pm - WE team and MS team
Saturday, October 15 - live coverage from 6:00 pm to 7:20 pm - MF team and WS team

Time to get a new hard drive....

Gav
-30th September 2005, 10:51
Yeah I saw that. The only thing is that the Rai stream appears to be dead. A pity as I think that the Italian coverage would be entertaining.

Instead of those streams, people may be interested in WCSN:

[also from FNet]

We will be streaming live the Fencing World Championships coming up next month on our website, www.wcsn.com, see the below schedule. It will also be available as an archived version for viewing on demand.

And lets not forget www.fencingchannel.tv

ChubbyHubby
-30th September 2005, 10:58
Originally posted by Gav
Yeah I saw that. The only thing is that the Rai stream appears to be dead. A pity as I think that the Italian coverage would be entertaining.

Instead of those streams, people may be interested in WCSN:

[also from FNet]

And lets not forget www.fencingchannel.tv

The address that everyone has been using is not the best stream for Rai. I did find another one last year, I'll have a dig around to see if it is still around.

Hopefully, Eurosport won't be as pants as last year either.

Helen Mulrine
-1st October 2005, 10:08
Just read in our TV magazine, that the world championships are also televised live on Eurosport. These times are central european times.
Sunday 9th - 17.30
Monday 10th -18.00
Tuesday 11th- 18.00
Thursday 13th -18.00
Friday 14th- 18.30
Saturday 15th- 17.00
Sorry still not found any webcast info.