PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to KK and all the organisers....

Touché Turtle
-14th November 2005, 08:16
Just wanted to say a big Thank You! to KingKenny and all the organisers of this year's series for all their hard work. :thumbs_up
I know there are still some bits left to run, but we've finished our individual foil, so our year is over. It has been a really good experience for Touché Jr - she has made some new friends and practiced her skills against some very handy little U9 foilists! She already knows exactly what she wants to spend the voucher on...!

KK, I have no idea if you are planning next year's booklet yet at all, (NOT hassling you, just mentioning it while I think about it) but I was wondering if it might be worth adding a bit to the parents' section about care of equipment. Yesterday I saw several parents standing in the middle of the piste, having unclipped their offspring, just let the lead go rattling back to the spool on its own. (we had to change 2 spools in 2 rounds of poules). When I mentioned it to one father he said he hadn't thought about it and assumed it was like the hoover lead!!!!
Also parents might not let their kids walk around swinging their bodywire out of their sleeve if they realised it was going to cost them the price of a new one very soon.. Just a couple of thoughts. I'm sure other people on here could come up with some suggestions too if you wanted to add a piece. :)

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who works so hard, and here's looking forward to next year... ;)

pinkelephant
-14th November 2005, 09:08
Originally posted by Touché Turtle

Also parents might not let their kids walk around swinging their bodywire out of their sleeve if they realised it was going to cost them the price of a new one very soon

But it won't - just a few minutes to chop off the wire back to the break and then reconnect. Annoying but not expensive.

Touché Turtle
-14th November 2005, 09:18
Yes, WE know that, but would non-fencing parents? :)
Only trying to be helpful.

pinkelephant
-14th November 2005, 10:38
So am I - by educating any of them who are reading this.

Touché Turtle
-14th November 2005, 11:34
So maybe a basic armoury for parents section is needed. I'm not suggesting parents shouldn't be told, just thinking that for some it may be a case of
"mum my bodywire doesn't work"
"oh dear, we had better buy a new one"....
After all, my original post was to suggest useful information to help parents take care of their children's kit.
Maybe this may be past the remit of the LPJS booklet though.
Anyway the main point of this thread was to say thanks....

kingkenny
-14th November 2005, 13:53
http://www.leonpaul.com/lpjs/results/res_2005/res_2005.htm
u9 u11 u13 rankings will do the u15 when I get the cambridge results emailed.
The calander is nearly ready if you want to read the near finalised version email me at lpjs@l**np**l .com
Ben

gbm
-14th November 2005, 14:44
Originally posted by Touché Turtle
Also parents might not let their kids walk around swinging their bodywire out of their sleeve if they realised it was going to cost them the price of a new one very soon..

I've always let my bodywire end swing from my sleeve... :rolleyes:
I don't like to pull it in, because I can lose them down the sleeve, and I imagine tucking the end into the sweaty arm wouldn't be very good for the electrical connections in the plug...

randomsabreur
-14th November 2005, 14:48
There is a big difference between letting it swing free, and purposely swinging it around...
:tongue: ;) ;) :transport