PDA

View Full Version : post number stuck

cainey
-5th December 2005, 20:55
made a few posts over the weekend, number of posts hasn't changed to reflect them!?

do they take time to filter through the system?

in the same vein - do i need a certain number of posts to change the info under username from new member?

cheers

cainey

:confused:

cainey
-5th December 2005, 20:58
eats words...

its now changed - so my next question is do i have to start a thread for the post number to go up?, as that is what seems to have happened

also now a 'member'

christmas cheers

cainey

:)

cainey
-5th December 2005, 21:00
no - hang on

its now gone up by another 1, so i don't have to start a thread to get the number up - so what happened to the 52 i did at the weekend?

ok - the 3 i did at the weekend

cainey

;)

D'Artignan
-5th December 2005, 21:02
If you post in Chit-chat, or New members, your post count doesn't change. If you post anywhere else, it does.

Think you need 100 posts to be able to make up your own title.

Hope this is actually a helpful post for once in my life...

cainey
-5th December 2005, 21:02
aaahhhhh!

i think they were in chit chat and i remember reading that they don't put numbers up

however this is the fastest increase i've ever achieved - hope it doesn't count as spam!

cainey

:grin: ;)

cainey
-5th December 2005, 21:04
D'Art...

for once in your life (?) - it is a helpful post

cheors, (cheers in cornish!)

cainey

:)

D'Artignan
-5th December 2005, 21:05
Originally posted by cainey
for once in your life (?) - it is a helpful post
That's my reputation knackered, then

madfencer
-6th December 2005, 08:57
Hmm I thought it counted in new members D'art just not in Chit-Chat...oh well maybe im wrong! :dizzy:

I bet you the mods made it so that posts in chit-chat don't count in post count because of me lol I used to post so much in there!

gbm
-6th December 2005, 10:47
Originally posted by madfencer
Hmm I thought it counted in new members D'art just not in Chit-Chat...oh well maybe im wrong! :dizzy:

That was changed fairly recently because of the amount of spam people were posting in there! :tongue: ;)

I bet you the mods made it so that posts in chit-chat don't count in post count because of me lol I used to post so much in there!

Actually I think that happened before you arrived... :o:

D'Artignan
-6th December 2005, 11:16
Originally posted by gbm
That was changed fairly recently because of the amount of spam people were posting in there! :tongue: ;)

:whistle: Not guilty M'Lud.
<swift subject change> Oh, look! A wall!

nessyfencer
-6th December 2005, 11:31
Now, is this the next forum to have the post count taken away? ;)

Gav
-6th December 2005, 11:48
I think I'll close this thread. I see we are larady descending into the type of posting that had post counts stoped in 2 other forums. If you wish to discuss this topic I suggest it gets taken to chit chat.