PDA

View Full Version : All rankings up to date Prize information here.

kingkenny
-9th December 2005, 08:08
Ok all the Rankings are upto date so when the whitgift results come in on Monay check to see who has one a prize. Prizes will be posted.
Good luck to everyone this weekend and remember winning is not everything. Its better to lose and learn than win and forget.
:)

GKB
-9th December 2005, 09:18
Are there any prizes for Under17s ?

Twohat
-9th December 2005, 09:26
KK, the U17 girls epee still has a mistake in it, which affects the placings.

The Sarah Thompson shown in 2nd equal place with 70 points is the same person as the Sarah Thomson shown in 12th equal place with 23 points. She should be Sarah Thompson in 1st place with 93 points.

kingkenny
-9th December 2005, 09:46
I am affraid prizes for U17 are no longer given. But to the top 3 I can send a T-shirt to if they contact me.
I will amend Sarah Thompson when the Whitgift results are in.

Twohat
-9th December 2005, 10:43
Thanks for that KK.

Just noticed on the LPJS page that "Note no prizes will be awarded for the U17 category due to the low numbers of entries."

Did it say that at the start of the year? I didn't notice if it did, and if I had then the numbers of entries would have been even lower!

Are the U11s getting prizes? There are fewer of them than the U17s in epee . . .:(

Shaolin Monkey
-9th December 2005, 10:55
What about for the u9s?

Australian
-9th December 2005, 11:09
Originally posted by Twohat
Thanks for that KK.

Just noticed on the LPJS page that "Note no prizes will be awarded for the U17 category due to the low numbers of entries."

Did it say that at the start of the year? I didn't notice if it did, and if I had then the numbers of entries would have been even lower!

Are the U11s getting prizes? There are fewer of them than the U17s in epee . . .:(

yeah it did say that even as far back as last year, because i noticed it.

Congrats to Sarah for me - tell her i'm coming back in May.

kingkenny
-9th December 2005, 12:18
Its said it for 2 years. The thing is that the u17 can come referee and do a bit of fencing.
All other age groups get prizes.

Twohat
-9th December 2005, 12:27
Originally posted by Kingkenny
Its said it for 2 years. The thing is that the u17 can come referee and do a bit of fencing.
All other age groups get prizes.

Thats odd. She was 2nd in the U17 last year and got a voucher.

Not complaining, she has outgrown the series now anyway - it served its purpose well to introduce her to competitions as a beginner - plus she has enough LPJS medals hanging on her wardrobe to pull the door off, not to mention the nice silver plate from Warwick . . .

Tubby
-10th December 2005, 23:14
Are you supposed to keep the silver plate? Daughter gave hers back this year.

Twohat
-11th December 2005, 13:18
Originally posted by Tubby
Are you supposed to keep the silver plate? Daughter gave hers back this year.

No, it has to go back. It will have her name etched on it though, added to the illustrious list for future young fencers to aspire to.

jasonf
-11th December 2005, 16:11
KK, the u11 girls foil has a similar error to the U17 girls epee.

The Georgia Makin shown in 15th equal place with 40 points is the same person as the Gloria Makin shown in 23rd equal place with 22 points. She should be Georgia Makin in 10th place with 62 points.

cesh_fencing
-29th December 2005, 14:02
The Under 11 Boys has the same, James and William Grealey are also in as James and William Crealey. Does not effect James and Williams actual top ranking, however moves alot of other people up the rankings and get a new peron (Jack Hudson) into 8th place and a prize position.

Have emailed King Kenny for update..