PDA

View Full Version : View New Posts

Tarmac
-9th December 2005, 11:35
Not wanting to appear too much of a grumpy old man, but is there any way that when you click on ‘View New Posts’ that an ignored persons posts doesn’t register.

It’s a bit of pain when you have to check every thread which has come up (or been resurrected for god knows what reason) to see if someone has posted anything of worth before the culprit has posted a whole bunch of monkeys bum.

Gav
-9th December 2005, 11:43
Personally I never use the "View New Posts" I just look straight at the forum.

I think that KK would have to chime in here and let us know. Thinking about how the DB works I don't think that it would be a huge problem.

kingkenny
-9th December 2005, 13:21
In the voice of Ba:
"What you talking about fool!"
:tongue:

Stephen Chivers
-9th December 2005, 13:35
Sounds like KK's chime was discordant!

Originally posted by Kingkenny
In the voice of Ba Who's Ba anyway? Surely the complexity (or otherwise) will depend on the DBMS software used to run the Forum and KK must be the best arbiter of that.

Twohat
-9th December 2005, 13:55
Originally posted by Stephen Chivers
Who's Ba anyway?

Praps he was talking like a sheep? (Or a bit sheepish, anyway);)

vil
-9th December 2005, 13:56
Originally posted by Stephen Chivers
Who's Ba anyway?
A legend of our time. Well, as long as "our time" is the 80s.

Surely the complexity (or otherwise) will depend on the DBMS software used to run the Forum and KK must be the best arbiter of that.
The software is an old version of vBulletin (http://www.vbulletin.com/), (2.3.0), so presumably we're limited to whatever they support + whatever extensions have been installed, unless KingKenny fancies doing a bit of PHP hacking.

hokers
-9th December 2005, 14:10
Originally posted by Gav
Personally I never use the "View New Posts" I just look straight at the forum.

I always use view new posts, in fact I've updated my bookmark for the forum to go straight there.

Steve
-9th December 2005, 14:32
Originally posted by hokers
I always use view new posts, in fact I've updated my bookmark for the forum to go straight there.
Ditto :)

kingkenny
-9th December 2005, 14:58
I hate php.
I would not get on a plane for no php.
You can find out more about BA here:

http://www.tvacres.com/char_baracus_ba.htm
here are the highlights:
Bosco’s personality traits include his constant scowl and threatening statements like "Don't mess with me, Sucker!", “I pity the fool” and “Shut up fool.”
Bosco’s Achilles heel is his fear of heights. So whenever the A-Team needs to travel on a plane, they have to sedate Baracus with a drug.
Some Bosco stats: Height: 5 feet, 10 inches; Hair: Black; Eyes: Brown; Blood Type AB- Negative (the same type as Murdock); Wounded: Upper thigh, shoulder and leg. In college Bosco was a football player but and lost the MVP trophy to his rival, quarterback Jason Duke ("The Duke"), whom he and the rest of the Team helped rescue from crooked gold miners years later.

All very intresting and usefull. :rolleyes:

kingkenny
-9th December 2005, 14:59
Some more great quotes:
"Shut up Fool!"

"If that fool's flyin', we dyin'"

"Hey man. I ain't gettin' on no airplane, and that's it!"

"Nobody puts their hands on my mother and lives to tell about it!"

"Enough Jibba-Jabba, Let's roll!!!"

"If these guys wanna get rough, we can get rough."

"I'd like to take this dude and teach him to breathe underwater."

"There was a new private eye in town. His name is B.A. Baracus, and he's lookin' down at the Maltese fool."

"You heard the man, sucka. We're a team. We go out together."

Gav
-9th December 2005, 15:00
I suspect it's because I spend my entire day reading the Matrix. I've got great pattern filters.

kingkenny
-9th December 2005, 15:00
On a more serious note next year we will update the softwear to the lates v bulliten and I will try and sort out some fancy new graphics and sections. As for whatever the initial post was about :confused: ask me when X-mas is over.
:)

hokers
-9th December 2005, 15:44
Originally posted by Gav
I suspect it's because I spend my entire day reading the Matrix. I've got great pattern filters.

"I don't even see the posts anymore, just foilist.....sabreur....epeeist"

:D

madfencer
-9th December 2005, 16:24
Originally posted by Kingkenny
On a more serious note next year we will update the softwear to the lates v bulliten and I will try and sort out some fancy new graphics and sections. As for whatever the initial post was about :confused: ask me when X-mas is over.
:)

WOW COOL!!! :cool:

I never use view new posts...but thinking about it it could be useful rather than looking through all the sections!

Tarmac
-9th December 2005, 16:32
and therein lies the crux of the problem :rolleyes:

madfencer
-12th December 2005, 15:39
:dizzy: sorry everyone! am using it now! will have to make a formal apology soon :tongue: