PDA

View Full Version : Cornwall LPJS Date + sabre event

tigger
-2nd January 2006, 17:34
Hi all

The Cornwall LPJS Foil has moved to the weekend of July 23rd this year. There will be the usual excellent prizes, tee shirts and sunshine! As this is at the start of the school holidays it might be a good chance to have that long weekend in Cornwall!

The Leon Paul website has the up-to-date info online, but the competition website (www.jonsalfield.co.uk/series) has not been updated yet. The updates should be online in the next two weeks along with a new entry form.

We are also planning to hold a boys and girls cadet sabre event the following day (July 24th). This is not part of the LPJS. The sabre event will also have good prizes, medals, tee shirts etc.

Keep an eye on the competition site for further details of both events.

Cheers

Jon Salfield

tigger
-4th January 2006, 18:15
That should read Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd July!

Sabre Dude
-5th January 2006, 18:42
Originally posted by tigger
Hi all

The Cornwall LPJS Foil has moved to the weekend of July 23rd this year. There will be the usual excellent prizes, tee shirts and sunshine! As this is at the start of the school holidays it might be a good chance to have that long weekend in Cornwall!

The Leon Paul website has the up-to-date info online, but the competition website (www.jonsalfield.co.uk/series) has not been updated yet. The updates should be online in the next two weeks along with a new entry form.

We are also planning to hold a boys and girls cadet sabre event the following day (July 24th). This is not part of the LPJS. The sabre event will also have good prizes, medals, tee shirts etc.

Keep an eye on the competition site for further details of both events.

Cheers

Jon Salfield

Is there an U17 event, because, I am 15 but I am really interested in competing, and that date change will make all the difference because I am up in Truro that weekend anyway visiting friends!!!

tigger
-6th January 2006, 08:59
Just to reiterate:

Foil event (22nd) is LPJS U15, U13, U11 and U9

The Sabre event (23rd) will be a cadet competition (ie U17) and is not an LPJS event

So yes sabre dude you can enter!

Sabre Dude
-6th January 2006, 16:58
Woohoo I love my life! lol. Just one thing, is there going to be a Leon Paul stand?

tigger
-6th January 2006, 22:53
Unlikely to be honest - but I'll try to persuade Barry and Joan they need a weekend in Cornwall!

Sabre Dude
-7th January 2006, 17:04
Sounds gr8! Cheers Tigger

Winwaloe
-11th January 2006, 15:16
Delighted to see date change as there had been a suggestion that we went to the IofW this year instead of to the land of Gods, Kings, Piskies and Pasties.

That reminds me. Any chance of a pastie stall and a few pints of Skinners at the venue (just a thought!)

kingkenny
-11th January 2006, 15:52
We are currently training a new simon Trindor and he should be able to attend certain events we will need anothe 4 weeks or so training etc but I will try to keep people posted.

Winwaloe
-16th January 2006, 09:26
Originally posted by Kingkenny
We are currently training a new simon Trindor and he should be able to attend certain events we will need anothe 4 weeks or so training etc but I will try to keep people posted.

IMPOSSIBLE!!!! - - There can never be another ST