PDA

View Full Version : Beginners

The Tooth Fairy
-29th January 2006, 01:18
Whos entering girly sabre at the scottish student beginners comp next weekend?

Without the discounted membership - I imagine entrants will be like gold dust!

Remember folks... keep 'em clean.

luv'
TTF

Pointless
-29th January 2006, 14:37
I hopefully am. Only just found out the deadline has been moved for entries so I don't know if I can still make it!
If so, foil and sabre I think (haven't fenced epee in a while and seemed to be a bit better on sabre lately.)

Pointless
-2nd February 2006, 22:09
Incidentally I am fencing at the weekend - w00t!
Just look out for the random hairy girl launching herself at everyone in sabre :D

MakeTradeFair
-4th February 2006, 22:51
Hi guys,

Not such a bad event... except they tried to con me out of my referee wine. Don't worry forlks - i sorted them out, and got a nice bottle of white.

MTF

Junkie
-5th February 2006, 00:46
Anybody got any results?

Pointless
-5th February 2006, 20:09
What kind of results are requested? :D

MTF - who were you? :D

TTF - unlucky in sabre - would have liked to have stayed and tried to even out the cheerleading imbalance, but we had a train to catch

Fun weekend overall. Thankfully I think I have more injuries from carrying my kitbag than from fencing, and I managed to resist the temptation of blowing more of my student loan on a pretty blue lame.

Skartha
-5th February 2006, 21:52
Very enjoyable event overall. Day 1 I fenced Men's Foil. Won 1 poule match, plus a pre-DE match before getting comprehensively defeated in the L32.

Today I was in Men's Sabre and won a bronze medal! Yaay! :)

Aer
-6th February 2006, 00:06
Was a fun time in Glasgow - went along to help our beginners out and preside a few matches - good to see the standard of fencing is good at beginners.

The Men's foil was good - the richard wilbraham school of flunging was in evidence too :tongue: - tho getting clonked around the head with a foil whilst presiding wasnt that much fun!

Didnt see much of the WE or WS, but day two's MS was good (never preside whilst hungover) and the WF that i presided was all good - the semi a great match!

all in all - a good competition!

Pointless
-6th February 2006, 10:01
Originally posted by Aer
getting clonked around the head with a foil whilst presiding wasnt that much fun!

Ouch! I know the poles got hit by my opponent a couple of times in a sabre match, but that is really....ouch!

Anyone remember where the ME finalists were from?

I have to be honest that I was watching the girlie foil final for almost all of that :D

Aer
-6th February 2006, 10:15
ME:

1st(scott?) Dougherty (dundee)
2nd Darren Milne (St A)
3rd were Tannock? (dundee) and Deans (St A)

Pointless
-6th February 2006, 12:23
Thanks Aer :)

Bambi
-7th February 2006, 14:52
Was a very good weekend, unfortunetly the Northern posse failed to achieve any decent results but was the first comp for some of them.

Only just caught up with my sleep loss, its really not good having 6 hours sleep all weekend going out drinking and driving over 300 miles. To top it off had to preside womens foil!! I reckon at the individuals people will remember this and make me do it again.

Such is life. Well done to everyone though.

:sleep:

MakeTradeFair
-7th February 2006, 15:02
How very kind of you to offer to be the #1 womans foil ref for the individuals. Much appreciated!

Aer
-7th February 2006, 15:18
Originally posted by Bambi
Such is life. Well done to everyone though.
:sleep:

Well, after getting wacked around the head on the saturday, I got elbowed in the same spot last night in the warm up game of basketball (that well-known non-contact sport) and landed in Ninewells Hospital A&E.

Im not allowed to fence for 2 weeks (possibly 2 months :( )

Anyone got any nurofen?

myopic
-7th February 2006, 16:37
If anyone could persuade the organisers to send the results (or at lest top 8's into the SF email address for inclusion in the next Point that would be appreciated.

Pointless
-7th February 2006, 23:56
Can't you say top 9 so I can be in it? :(

Aer - our women's captain who was hell bent on making it at the weekend hasn't fenced since December. She went to Portugal for Xmas, got some kind of ear infection and can't fly back in case her ear drums explode! It's got to the stage she's taking up golf for something to do, so whatever happens, stay around fencing and don't sink to the level of trying another sport!

I'm quite scared that I probably know who all of you are now but just don't realise it!

Bambi
-9th February 2006, 10:07
So does that mean you wont be a individuals AER?
What a shame!! :(

I'm always glad to be of some help MTF whenever possible. Plus the free bottle of wine i get to give myself at the end of the day is always a bonus saying that so is helping the ladies!! :eyerise:

MakeTradeFair
-9th February 2006, 15:18
Whoops... youve got the wine??? We have bought wine also... looks like you might b getting 2 bottles!

Aer
-9th February 2006, 17:46
Originally posted by Bambi
So does that mean you wont be a individuals AER?
What a shame!! :(

Ill be there. whether im fencing or not is debatable. Maybe the DT will need some help - i can always do that if needed.

ill know better in about a week whether im fit to fence.

D'Artignan
-9th February 2006, 18:00
Woo, that means i can recover in peace on the sunday.....

Erm, hope you're able to fence there:rolleyes:

MakeTradeFair
-12th February 2006, 14:06
Nope D'art... NOTHING will get you out of earning the title of "Cheif Floor Manager" on the Sunday!!!
If you are unable to fence at the Individuals Aer, we would be delighted to have you helping out in any way you know how! Even if its just allowing us to indulge to your joyful banter - always a pleasure!

MTF

Aer
-12th February 2006, 21:23
Originally posted by MakeTradeFair
Nope D'art... NOTHING will get you out of earning the title of "Cheif Floor Manager" on the Sunday!!!
If you are unable to fence at the Individuals Aer, we would be delighted to have you helping out in any way you know how! Even if its just allowing us to indulge to your joyful banter - always a pleasure!
MTF :o:

ok, helps if i could put names to faces :upset:

but i'll know if im fencing probably on wednesday