PDA

View Full Version : Nottingham LPJS

Goodwood
-13th February 2006, 09:38
Thanks to Paul Sibert for a great compitition and venue (its got a bar). Despite a few computor glitches the compitition was well run and the refereeing was superb. Only downer was the loss of a size 5 foil, anybody got one in there bag they dont recognise?

Goodwood
-13th February 2006, 09:40
OK their bag!!!!

Tubby
-13th February 2006, 16:27
Originally posted by Goodwood
the refereeing was superb. Thanks ;) , er it was me wasn't it :tongue2: ?

Foilling Around
-13th February 2006, 17:59
Originally posted by Goodwood
Thanks to Paul Sibert for a great compitition and venue (its got a bar). Despite a few computor glitches the compitition was well run and the refereeing was superb. Only downer was the loss of a size 5 foil, anybody got one in there bag they dont recognise?

We ran over our 6pm deadline for the first time. But it ran well except for the U15 boys, at least from front of house it did!

I refuse to take all the credit. Norman Randall picked up all the pieces I dropped, or failed to realise that I hadn't picked up.

I may be the public face of the event, but Norman makes it tick.

Hope Goodwood finds his foil.

Touché Turtle
-13th February 2006, 18:04
A good day, thankyou!
Junior enjoyed herself, despite being a foot shorter than most of her oppenents! :o: (must start feeding her up...)

Is there anywhere to see the results before the LPJS site is updated?

Foilling Around
-13th February 2006, 18:58
Sorry guys, got OFSTED is school Wednesday and Thursday,

Fencing takes a back seat until the weekend (Friday reserved for getting drunk!!)

Results posted then.

Foilling Around
-13th February 2006, 18:59
Originally posted by Touché Turtle
Junior enjoyed herself, despite being a foot shorter than most of her oppenents! :o: (must start feeding her up...)

Nothing wrong with being a titch, as long as you footwork is lightening quick.

Touché Turtle
-13th February 2006, 22:06
Poor you! Ofsted and a competition to organise all in the one week! :o: You'll deserve the drink on Friday.:party:

Originally posted by Foilling Around
Nothing wrong with being a titch, as long as you footwork is lightening quick.

Very true, can be a little daunting though.

Goodwood
-16th February 2006, 10:32
Found the foil!!
Thanks to Richard Morris.

Foilling Around
-16th February 2006, 11:41
Originally posted by Touché Turtle
Very true, can be a little daunting though.

From the little I saw of Tiny Touche she seems to have the personality to deal with it!

And thanx about OFSTED my one formal observation confirmed what my big head already knew I'M GOOD!!

Not outstanding, but better than satisfactory.

However right now I feel rather knackered and definately inadequate!

Goodwood
-16th February 2006, 11:55
Forgot to mention that Pauls shirt got alot of admirers, where did you get it from?

Glad the OFSTED went well.

Belated thanks to Norman Randell for picking up the pieces.

Touché Turtle
-21st February 2006, 10:33
Hi FA is there anywhere to see the full results yet?
I just checked the LPJS site and its not updated yet, do have a club website with it on?

kingkenny
-21st February 2006, 11:10
Still waiting for the results.
Paul has been marking papers this week so he has been busy.

Touché Turtle
-21st February 2006, 11:44
Fair enough.:)

Foilling Around
-26th February 2006, 11:06
OK - I don't want to avail you all with my tales of horrors, but I found out the day before the event that we had OFSTED coming in to school the following Wednesday!

Surfice to say that having spent 20+ hours of the weekend on fencing matters when I should have been on school work I left the results in the shadows.

To compound it, I did not get the medals from LP (communications breakdown, as Led Zeppelin would say) and after taking FA Minor (the male version of FA Junior) to Ashton, we went straight on a break to Spain!

So, I have attached to this posting the results in .pdf format. The exception is the GU15 results which have not got to me yet (I refuse to have anything to do with computers at competitions - I have enough roles in fencing without going down that route!).

An update with the GU15 results will be posted ASAP

I have emailed the results to Ben Paul but as they are moving this week, I doubt that they will be updated soon. I hope it will be done it time for them to seed with Ashton and Sherwood for the Eton round.

MEDALS
I will be at the Eton LPJS Foil and I intend to find as many medal winners there as I can and hand them the medals personally. Those I cannot find, I will post the medals to.

If you want the medal posting anyway, please either email me or PM me and I will sent it by return (I hope) In cluding your address again will help as it will avoid me having to trawl through my paperwork!

APOLOGIES
Fortunately most of you had a great time at the event (and that is our prime objective) but, I was unable to acknowledge entries as I had promised, for some, the event dragged on too long and the after event service has not been up to the standard I aspire to.

My apologies and it WILL be back on track next year.

Paul Sibert

Touché Turtle
-26th February 2006, 19:03
Thanks for that FA.
We know you are usually super-efficient when it comes to things like rankings etc, so don't feel too hard on yourself. :)

Useful being able to see YoB on the results - makes it a little easier to see where people have come in relation to others in their 1st/2nd year at each age group.

thanks again for a good day's fencing.

Foilling Around
-28th February 2006, 19:36
OK Here are the GU15 results.

The Great Four.
-19th March 2006, 19:40
Not the greatest comp to have been my first u15 experience, and the 11:30 arrival at home wasn't great, but thanks for doing it anyway.
Max

Foilling Around
-19th March 2006, 21:06
Originally posted by The Great Four.
Not the greatest comp to have been my first u15 experience, and the 11:30 arrival at home wasn't great, but thanks for doing it anyway.
Max

Not sure who you are, but I suppose faint praise is better than no praise!!