PDA

View Full Version : Junior & cadet world championships, information for British fencers

Neil Brown
-23rd February 2006, 00:27
Fencers selected for the World Championships in Korea can now see some of the arrangements for the team at www.fencingcoach.net

Note these pages are early versions & are obviously not complete.

If you are one of the fencers, officials, or interested coaches please subscribe to this thread. I will post here when I make significant changes to the information documents.

Neil Brown
-24th February 2006, 13:16
Provisional travel timetable now available. Please check the information & let us know if there are any errors.

Neil Brown
-27th February 2006, 11:12
Consent from which must be returned to Janet Mepstead is now up together with more detailed information.

Neil Brown
-1st March 2006, 21:27
Latest details now up. Everyone who has not already done so needs to contact Janet & Nosheen to confirm their travel arrangements. This must be done by Friday please.

Neil Brown
-8th March 2006, 22:09
Leon Paul equipment order form is now up. LP are supplying wheely bags at 89, holdalls at 32.50 & 20% off all other kit. Please send in your orders by Monday 13th March.

Form is on my web site & at http://neilbrown.50g.com/leonpaulkorea2006.doc

Keith.A.Smith
-9th March 2006, 15:49
Dear Neil,

Thanks for doing all this work.

Keith

Jan O'C
-9th March 2006, 16:22
Have the final teams now been announced following any appeals etc that were going on?
If yes, where can we see this and should we now confirm our travel arrangements once we've checked if anything has changed.
Also should we now be sending the forms back to Janet & Neil that we have held off doing until everything is sorted?
If I've missed this all going on somewhere else, I do apologise and can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks

Neil Brown
-10th March 2006, 13:31
Appeals were referred to International Committee who have now selected Louise Highton & Sophie Troiano.

Since there have been new selections there can still be appeals...

Keith.A.Smith
-10th March 2006, 14:31
Dear All,

Neil is not quite correct. The Board gave the IC the right to reconsider selection which they have now done.

These new selections have ben published.

Appeals can still be lodged till 12 noon on Wednesday 15th March at BFA by email or letter.

Keith

PM1
-12th March 2006, 15:50
Hi folks ;) There will be a form going up/being sent out soon for the purchase of t shirts/polo shirts. I just need to confirm some stuff with supplier and then Neil: should be up/out Tuesday, and we wil need to move oh so quickly.....:confused:

Neil Brown
-13th March 2006, 22:32
The form for ordering t-shirts & polo shirts is now up. Orders need to be in by the 16th March.

silly cone #3
-14th March 2006, 17:01
What is the address that the form has to be sent to, to Janet Mepstead? I can't seem to find the address

PM1
-14th March 2006, 17:17
I will pm you

Neil Brown
-23rd March 2006, 12:28
Fencers, I hope your training is going well & you are organised for Korea.

By now you should have:-

sent the questionaire to me & the consent form to Janet Mepstead
ordered a track suit from British Fencing if you don't have one
ordered any kit (bags or equipment) you want from Leon Paul
ordered any t-shirts you want from Maggie Lloyd-Jones (will be paid for by British Fencing if you already have a tracksuit)
read all the information for the team at www.fencingcoach.net

Contact me if you have any questions.

PM1
-29th March 2006, 20:18
T shirts and polos received by me tonight, so expect to receive them earliest Saturday. There are still a few people who have not sent me their cheques: I look forward to receiving them.

I am advising HQ of the kit supplied so that those who already have track suits can claim a refund.

;)

Jan O'C
-29th March 2006, 20:21
Thanks for organising this. Shame we didn't realise you could claim the money back if you weren't having a tracksuit as we would have ordered a couple more T Shirts!! Let me know if you have any spare ones.

Jan O'C
-29th March 2006, 20:21
Thanks for organising this. Shame we didn't realise you could claim the money back if you weren't having a tracksuit as we would have ordered a couple more T Shirts!! Let me know if you have any spare ones.

PM1
-29th March 2006, 20:23
I can order more!! Have a look and see what you think of them when they arrive, and then let me know if you want to place another order.
;)

Jan O'C
-29th March 2006, 21:08
Ok brill idea - I'll e-mail you once they arrive. Thanks

Neil Brown
-29th March 2006, 23:28
Latest details up. Changes to the following sections: travel, jet lag, equipment.

You will see a sponsorship deal I have negotiated on jet lag kits, please read the information carefully.

Kit ordered from Leon Paul will be with them on Friday 31st, if you're able to collect please email them.

Neil Brown
-30th March 2006, 08:21
I've put up a list showing who's asked for a jet lag kit, scroll to the right on the spreadsheet to see it.

PM1
-1st April 2006, 09:27
T and polo shirt orders despatched by first class post yesterday morning. If they are not received today (I know some have been)they should be on Monday. I will take additional orders until 28th April if requested - please email/pm me. Same costs as on order form.
;)

Neil Brown
-3rd April 2006, 22:45
Leon Paul bags & GB tracksuits should've all arrived by now.

Please can all fencers print & bring with you a copy of the final information letter as soon as I have the Korean phone numbers on it some time tomorrow.

asaba
-5th April 2006, 14:11
Good luck to all those travelling out to Korea.
:)

Neil Brown
-11th April 2006, 22:52
Those of you who have a jet-lag kit should send it back to Outside In 2 days after your return. There is a feedback form to fill in which will post on my web site as soon as I get back from Korea, probably on Wednesday.

Please make sure you pack them carefully, put your name clearly inside & on the packaging, & email me to let me know you've done this.

Well done for effort & results to all fencers.

Neil Brown
-25th April 2006, 23:42
It's still possible to order polo shirts & t-shirts from Maggie Lloyd-Jones up until the 28th April. Please note increased postage cost 1.75 for 1 item and 80p for every subsequent item.

There is a feedback form for all fencers, coaches & parents who travelled to Korea up at www.fencingcoach.net (http://www.fencingcoach.net), please fill in & return by the 3rd May.

All the jet lag kits should have been posted back to Outside In by now & feedback form emailed to me.

PM1
-26th April 2006, 19:56
It's still possible to order polo shirts & t-shirts from Maggie Lloyd-Jones up until the 28th April. Please note increased postage cost 1.75 for 1 item and 80p for every subsequent item.

...only because the postal rate has changed, m'dears !!;)