PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Cornwall LPJS and Cadet Sabre is here!

tigger
-24th February 2006, 13:44
The new competition website for the 2006 Cornwall LPJS Foil and the new Cornwall Cadet Sabre is now online at:
http://www.jonsalfield.co.uk/series

Loads and loads of prizes as always, and £50 cash for the winners of the Men's and Women's Cadet Sabre!

The new website has extensive travel and accommodation info, as well as entry forms and all the usual stuff.

Hope to see you all in Sunny Cornwall in July!

27ab1c
-22nd July 2006, 22:11
Well done to tigger and everyone else involved in a very smoothly-run LPJS foil event.
I thought Cornwall was famous for mining tin, but apparently it's chocolate.
Hope the sabre goes well tomorrow.

Peaseblossom
-23rd July 2006, 09:40
Thank you Tigger and everyone else involved in running yesterday's LPJS competition - another one that was very well organised. Cobweb was very pleased to have had the chance of fencing in two U-15 pools instead of the expected one.

Rumours about the quantity of chocolate were an understatement! The children finished the day with 2 hours playing in the sea followed by ice creams before we drove home on more-or-less empty motorways. Very good all round.

Good luck to all with today's sabre.

Tubby
-23rd July 2006, 19:03
I would like to add my family's thanks to Tigger et al. Also there were quality refs on hand. What a lovely surprise to see so many familiar faces down here, and top weather to boot.

We're especially looking forward to catching tigger's gig on wednesday.

Pip pip.

uphillstruggler
-23rd July 2006, 19:29
What an excellent evetn weell done Tigger et al. Thanks to all those that refereed and gave their time a really good well run event thanks and the chocolates are all gone already.

tigger
-24th July 2006, 13:00
Thanks to everyone who came down, and thanks to all the refs and helpers. Especially Steve Williams and Tom Hendrie who stayed on to help ref after their U15 event had finished, and to 11-year-old Callum who performed the role of armourer brilliantly!

Next year we plan to run the foil on a Saturday and a cadet sabre and cadet epee on the Sunday. Any feedback as to whether this weekend was generally good or bad for people? The foil entry was down by 30% and the sabre was lower than we'd hoped - is this because it was an inconvenient weekend or because we'd had to move the date from May and people haven't adjusted yet?

Tubby
-24th July 2006, 15:50
This was our first time coming to this competition and we rolled it in with a week down here, which we couldn't do if it was term time (comprehensive school term times).

Whether we make the journey next year will depend on what type ($) of holiday we take next year and whether child 1 is doing opens or not.

It goes without saying that distance is an issue but for that this would be a regular on our calendar.

Touché Turtle
-25th July 2006, 09:34
Thanks for a great day's fencing Tigger. Touché Jr had a lovely day - was very pleased with the chocolate! :thumbs_up A decent start time, two rounds of poules and off to the beach by 3 - what could be better!
From our point of view, we could only justify the travel because we could combine it with a week's camping holiday, so a vote for the date from our end! The kids are already planning what they want to do in Cornwall next year..... :cool:

Goodwood
-25th July 2006, 11:59
Here Here, thanks for a great weekend of fencing and all the prizes. Is there a chocolate factory nearby?

Looking forward to next year already and will stay for longer next year.

Mrs Goodwood thought that the lifeguards on the surfers beach were pretty cool as well!!!

27ab1c
-25th July 2006, 20:22
A decent start time...

Not for the under-15s. We had to come down the day before, walk along the beach, buy ice creams, book into a guest house, go for a slap-up meal, spend the evening in a pub, have breakfast cooked for us...

It was agony.:rolleyes:

Unicorn
-5th October 2006, 12:16
This competition was run very well, with good prizes! it was very fun and we had a holiday afterwards! thanks again for a great day (even though it was long ago and i should have said before) but still it was awesome! and the person who ran it is an amazing guitarist.

Unicorn
-5th October 2006, 18:02
I would like to add my family's thanks to Tigger et al. Also there were quality refs on hand. What a lovely surprise to see so many familiar faces down here, and top weather to boot.

We're especially looking forward to catching tigger's gig on wednesday.

Pip pip.
The gig was very good