PDA

View Full Version : Time?

Jambo
-21st April 2003, 18:16
Did someone running the site miss the fact that we changed the clocks forward in spring? Or am I being really stupid?

Mischa
-21st April 2003, 18:25
Go to options, scroll down and set your time to GMT + 1

Aoife
-23rd April 2003, 20:10
Jambo. Whilst BST (British Summer Time0 may have gone forwards one hour, the rest of GMT is still where it was.

I only figured this out having nearly been very late for school due to BBC World Service radio telling me I had an hour extra time, as they still run on GMT. (No point telling me it's 7 in Cario, it I don't know it's 8 in London because the clocks have moved forwards!!! :) )

Jambo
-23rd April 2003, 20:57
Cheers. I never knew that.

Aoife
-24th April 2003, 20:01
You're more than welcome.

'Think horses not zebras'- they still use that exapmle in med school?!?!?!

Whenever I say 'think horses not zebras' people look at me like I'm barking mad (so I am, but that's beside the point).

I am so very glad to see somebody else has heard the term. I distinctly remember something involving med-students being told "When you hear hooves, think of horses, not zebras.", but nobody else had, I was beginning to resign myself to the idea that I'd actually dreamt a med-school lecture many years ago, and assimilated it into normal memory. (not that unlikely considering the strangeness of my dreams... and how often I forget they *were* just dreams :) )

Jambo
-24th April 2003, 20:03
The line we got told was "When you hear hooves in the night outside your window think horses not zebra's". Where did you hear it?
Dreams? I'm slightly scared of you now Aoife!

kingkenny
-25th April 2003, 08:44
I work in a small office with no natural light and am only let out on weekends. Time has little meaning to me.

AHHHHHHHHH poor Kenny.
:(

Jambo
-25th April 2003, 10:37
I work in hospital where I often miss a whole day of light, when you add in the fact that I'm probably gonna have to wear a big face mask to avoid SARS when I get back. Fun working environment.:(

Mischa
-25th April 2003, 17:10
"Ahhhhhhh natural light!!!! Get it off me!!!"

:grin:

Aoife
-26th April 2003, 15:59
I work in a small office with no natural light and am only let out on weekends. Time has little meaning to me.

Poor Kenny!!! :(

I work in hospital where I often miss a whole day of light, when you add in the fact that I'm probably gonna have to wear a big face mask to avoid SARS when I get back. Fun working environment

Poor Jambo!!! :(

When it comes to daylight savings, what I want to know is where are they saving all this light, and what are they planning to do with it?

Aoife
-26th April 2003, 16:00
Mischa! I just saw you're a pie selector!!!

What pie do you recommend most?

Jambo
-26th April 2003, 16:00
Thats like a Terry Pratchet joke I heard. People go to university thinking they know everything and come out thinking they know nothing, where does it all go? What is the university doing with it?!:)

Aoife
-28th April 2003, 21:29
When I was little I read Truckers, Diggers, and Wings. I read The Carpet People too. I haven't read any of the diskworld stuff though.

I probably should, it seems funny.

Moose
-11th May 2003, 22:26
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, you WILL read the Discworld books, they are contain within their paper walls some of the driest and funniest humour to have escaped the comedy censors in decades :)

Hudson
-11th May 2003, 22:33
Not only have you not seen blues brothers, you've not read any discworld.
*Faint's in shock and horror*
Stop revising and take a trip to the discworld, visit UU (Unseen University (founded by Alberto Malich in AM 1282)) sample a sausage in a bun on the brass bridge and take in all Terry Pratchet has to offer.

Moose
-11th May 2003, 22:35
A Sausage? In a Bun? I wouldnt touch anything that Dibbler's been within 20 yards of. Would sooner fence with a B.S. Johnson sabre.....

Hudson
-11th May 2003, 22:38
Now a B.S Johnson Sabre would be a sight to see, or how about scoring equipment designed by Lennord de Quirm?

Moose
-12th May 2003, 04:16
Would probably be called "Lighting Device For Determining When Hits May or May Not Have Been Scored" :)

Hudson
-12th May 2003, 09:13
And more than likly it would have some other use the Patrician could use it for.

pinkelephant
-12th May 2003, 12:55
I quite fancy having the Luggage as a fencing bag; just think of all the extra help.:transport

bufc99
-12th May 2003, 13:01
lol

Moose
-12th May 2003, 16:34
Think of all the socks you'd have to buy for it tho

Hudson
-12th May 2003, 18:48
Maybe you could get a bulk sock discount from LP for it :grin:

Moose
-12th May 2003, 19:40
Lol a "Luggage Starter Set"

Hudson
-12th May 2003, 19:43
How about the Silver horde entering a vets comp? :grin:

Moose
-12th May 2003, 20:51
LOL, Mad Hamish could do the wheelchair events :grin:

Aoife
-12th May 2003, 21:19
lmao- the scary thing is, that even though I haven't read any discworld, I know just about all the characters that've just been mentioned.

I'm also sitting next to 36 Pratchett books, and some of theose discworld maps and guides and stuff.

(I have played the game on PC though.... with luggage who follows you everywhere, and the librarian who's a mon... I should stop there :) )

Moose
-12th May 2003, 21:21
Oooook?

Well read the things you silly girl.

Jambo
-13th May 2003, 09:28
Couldnt agree more, reading Science of the Discworld 2 at the mo. Very interesting stuff, even manages to make maths interesting!

wingnutLP
-13th May 2003, 09:44
Slightly off topic for comments and suggestions!!

"These arent the droids we're looking for"

"Move allong please, Move allong!"

Aoife
-13th May 2003, 11:31
lol, sorry Wingnut. I think we all just got a little swept up in the moment.

wingnutLP
-13th May 2003, 11:43
No problem, just trying to keep things tidy!

;)