PDA

View Full Version : Glouchestershire

Ben Greenhalgh
-16th March 2006, 10:11
I posted this thread somewhere else but i didn't know this existed!

Anyone Know any good fencing clubs around Cheltenham?

I'm going to Glouchester university and i'm going to have to leave my club :(

anyone know of anywhere?

pinkelephant
-16th March 2006, 12:19
You are STILL putting an H where there isn't one. It is

GLOUCESTER.

It's a bit like all those university applicants who get rejected by medical schools because they can't spell medicine.

Ben Greenhalgh
-16th March 2006, 12:27
Damn it!!! GLOUCESTER!!! right!! ok!

Ben Greenhalgh
-16th March 2006, 12:31
Its not a spelling i use day to day! so i'm sorry for getting it wrong. Now has anyone got anything to say other than correcting my spelling?

Rdb811
-16th March 2006, 12:36
Originally posted by Ben Greenhalgh
Its not a spelling i use day to day! so i'm sorry for getting it wrong. Now has anyone got anything to say other than correcting my spelling?

Yes - your sentance should start with "It's", which is short for "It is", and not "Its".

Ben Greenhalgh
-16th March 2006, 12:41
Are you purposely trying to annoy me? Would you like me to find all your spelling and grammatical mistakes?

If i wanted advice on my spelling and punctuation i would have joined a spelling and punctuation forum.

perhaps we should get back to the topic at hand? Please stop commenting on my errors because i have found many in your posts.

jacquesdor
-16th March 2006, 12:46
Actually, you are only supposed to use "It's" in conversation. Really, it is, it is. So who can answer his question?

Xev
-16th March 2006, 12:52
Hasn't it already been answered where he originally posted it...?

Ben Greenhalgh
-16th March 2006, 16:09
yea it has already been answered but i'm wondering if anyone who regulaly posts on this section knows of anywhere else.

Yes - your sentance should start with "It's", which is short for "It is", and not "Its".

sentence is spelt with an "e"

shall we call it a draw?
:tongue:

Rdb811
-16th March 2006, 16:13
Oooops!!!

gbm
-16th March 2006, 16:26
Originally posted by jacquesdor
Actually, you are only supposed to use "It's" in conversation. Really, it is, it is. So who can answer his question?

Personally I think that on an informal forum such as this, contractions should be considered perfectly valid, provided they are appropriately written with apostrophes and that no apostrophes get lost and end up somewhere else.
And that people learn to tell the difference between "its" and "it's".

I also think that starting sentences with 'And' is OK on a medium which is conversational... like this one. Maybe ;)

And people should read before they post dammit! :tongue:

And then reread after they post.

And then add smilies where appropriate.
:grin: ;) :grin: :tongue:

Ben Greenhalgh
-16th March 2006, 16:37
Yea I am taking A level English so I know how to spell. I choose to be rather informal in my typing on these forums as I enjoy being relaxed about my grammar. However I did misspell Gloucestershire so don't tell!! :tongue:

Yes if i do make a mistake on a spelling do tell me i like to be corrected!:)

Unless you want me to be formal?

Jules
-16th March 2006, 19:02
I assume the university doesn't have its own club? Have you tried googling it? Lists on the Leon Paul or British Fencing sites? etc etc

Ben Greenhalgh
-16th March 2006, 19:05
Yea the university doesn't have its own club unfortunately yea I have checked on numerous websites and nothing yet :(